Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

I...feel...so.....very.....old. :)

Which is not a bad thing! I'm so envious of all the older fans. Especially those who were old enough to see Lovetown.

Axver said:

I haven't even been alive for 20 years. I was born in 1987, grew up surrounded by U2's music, but didn't become a serious fanatic until 2002.

I'm not far behind. Became a little more than a casual fan in about 1985ish at 15 years of age. Unforgettable Fire and Live Under a Blood Red Sky. I was still into hairband-ish stuff when The Joshua Tree hit and changed my musical taste forever. Pretty avid fan since, although I left them during the Zooropa/Pop era and they won me back quickly once Beautiful Day hit the airwaves.

Saw them in Tempe for the Rattle and Hum movie and saw them Elevation 2001. Elevation was best concert of my life, times 10. Can't wait for tomorrow night!!!! Sleeping tonight will be difficult.

1990 is when i really started listening to U2 so I guess that makes it 15 years...out of my 27

No spoken words said:

Believe it or not, 22 years as a fan. I'm only 34, too! U2's been part of all of my teen and adult life, been a great companion.

Wow...and i'm 30..but your right U2 have been great companions over the past decade i've liked them...got me through some tough times :)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Why do you feel old?

Some of you guys are very young. I'm kidding, though, I don't feel old at all.

Axver, the first concert of my life was Joshua Tree Tour, May of 1987. I was a big fan up until then, that show turned me into an even bigger one, it was unreal. I am a fan of all their music, all their eras, all their subsequent tours, but nothing will ever touch that night for me.

The years have definatly seemed to fly by since I started listening to U2 though.....Popmart especially seems like just yesterday.

No spoken words said:

Some of you guys are very young. I'm kidding, though, I don't feel old at all.

Axver, the first concert of my life was Joshua Tree Tour, May of 1987. I was a big fan up until then, that show turned me into an even bigger one, it was unreal. I am a fan of all their music, all their eras, all their subsequent tours, but nothing will ever touch that night for me.

Well...many of us didn't know or didn't see U2 in the 80's because of the fact that many of us were infants/babies in that timeperoid.

That is why I didn't know who U2 was until 1998....just after Popmart ended (I wished I saw that tour!)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Well...many of us didn't know or didn't see U2 in the 80's because of the fact that many of us were infants/babies in that timeperoid.

That is why I didn't know who U2 was until 1998....just after Popmart ended (I wished I saw that tour!)

I fully understand that, you're proving my original point/joke about feeling old. I don't expect Axver to have been able to have seen concerts during his infancy. :)

MikeSt said:
wow i feel old too - im only 28 but still...ive been a fan since i saw Sunday Bloody Sunday (REd Rocks) one morning before going to school on MTV..lol

Me too...then I got Red Rocks, and War...and then Boy & October. Since then I've bought every one when it came out...22 years with U2, wow.

I feel bad not liking them earlier on i would have loved to see Zoo Tv live...oh well...i love them now and thats what counts....and i'm so proud and happy i do...i couldn't imagine a day without U2 in it :)

I feel damn lucky to get into this band in late '84 when Pride was on the radio for the first time. The UF is a hell of an album to be introduced to U2 for the very first time. I'll be 34 a few days after the Vancouver dates and I wouldn't give up my 20 years of u2 fandom for youth. Hell! I'm still a pup! BARK!

i became a fanatic after seeing Zoo TV in Philly, August 1992. i was 13, and it was the most amazing thing i'd ever seen... went out the next day and bought all of U2's albums (on CASSETTE, lol!). have pretty much been obsessed ever since! ;)

No spoken words said:

I...feel...so.....very.....old. :)

I don't know how old you feel, but I worked in a record store in the late 70s/early 80s, and we imported music, and U2 was part of that "sound" we were bringing in (KROQ if you are in LA area). So my affinity dates back til that time. And as someone posted earlier, their spouse was not the biggest of fans and one has to come to the place like this to share the obsession and love!

angel_28 said:
I feel bad not liking them earlier on i would have loved to see Zoo Tv live...oh well...i love them now and thats what counts....and i'm so proud and happy i do...i couldn't imagine a day without U2 in it :)

That's the real point....it's not about how long, at all. Part of me wishes I'd have latched on later, then had the wild fun of going back through their catalog, getting blown away by what I was hearing.

It's kind of like my odd take on being from NYC. I'm jealous of everyone that gets to see it for the first time...there was no first time for me, you know?

I transformer my 16 year old cousin into a U2 fan, she had never even hear of them, now she texts me during shows asking if they are going to play A Sort of Homecoming. :)

I have only been an extreme fan for 3 months and this is my first post, and how about the Atlanta Braves, since y'all were talking about sports earlier. I

It's so great when someone you know starts getting into U2 for the first time. You get to rediscover them vicariously through them...haha.

I think its pretty cool that U2 has been able to keep attracting new young fans I think thats whats kept them around for so long myself.

My first show was Hartford '92...finally got it in trade a couple months ago, great day for me :)

*Ally* said:
i became a fanatic after seeing Zoo TV in Philly, August 1992. i was 13, and it was the most amazing thing i'd ever seen... went out the next day and bought all of U2's albums (on CASSETTE, lol!). have pretty much been obsessed ever since! ;)

All my first U2 albums were on cassettes as well...lol YAY!

Achtung Baby was my first...i listened to One religously...:)

Back
Top Bottom