Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No spoken words said:

I don't, good point. However, I do know that my network just picked up a one hour program titled "Aussie Rules Highlight Show", we'll be airing it on Fridays at 5pm. Exciting, no? No??? Damn!

I'm talking about rugby union, the Super 12 competition (Super 14 as of next year). It features 12 provincial teams from New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa. I'm originally from Wellington, New Zealand, and the Hurricanes are arguably the team best at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but this year, they're actually managing to hold onto victory! We're second on the table, though we've got the best record of any team (just one loss) and I absolutely can't believe it.

Aussie Rules is a good sport, but bono_man2002 appreciates it more than I do. My general statement on Aussie Rules versus rugby union is that "in Aussie Rules, the ball controls the men; in rugby union, the men control the ball". Now where are the Aussie Rules fans to bash me? :wink:

scottyT said:
i like aussie rules cause you have to be an actual athlete to play it. and when you score the ref either points at ya with one finger if you go to the outer upright, or two fingers (one each hand) if you go inner. is hilarious and awesome. what a great sport.

The finger pointing is quite dramatic and definitely entertaining....every single time. :)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

I hope so too...and I agree about Wood though.

Man...it's such a long wait for U2 to hit the stage!

Long wait, true, but....you get to talk Cubs, Rugby and Aussie Rules Football in the interim....what more can one ask for? It's better than listening to Kings of Leon. :)

No spoken words said:

I hope the Cubs win one, too, it would be great for baseball and for Chicago.

hope they beat the Pirates next saturday, got tickets to go see the Cubies at Wrigley Field. Will be pulling for them, although Im a yankee fan.

scottyT said:
i like aussie rules cause you have to be an actual athlete to play it. and when you score the ref either points at ya with one finger if you go to the outer upright, or two fingers (one each hand) if you go inner. is hilarious and awesome. what a great sport.

Yeah, I have to hand it to the Aussie Rules players, they have to be incredibly fit. Rugby union forwards may beat them in physical strength, but damn, I think any union player would collapse of exhaustion halfway through a match of Aussie Rules.

RademR said:

hope they beat the Pirates next saturday, got tickets to go see the Cubies at Wrigley Field. Will be pulling for them, although Im a yankee fan.

Another Yankee fan, thank goodness!!!

I was at SBC park last Saturday, then took the train back to San Jose to see U2, quite a good day for a dork like me. :)

No spoken words said:

Long wait, true, but....you get to talk Cubs, Rugby and Aussie Rules Football in the interim....what more can one ask for? It's better than listening to Kings of Leon. :)

You got that right!

And I'm not even bashing American sports. I'm impressed! ;)

No spoken words said:

Another Yankee fan, thank goodness!!!

frustrating so far this year...i got into Dulles tonight, and hung out at an airport bar to catch the end of the yanks-sox game. Another L.

Hey, real quick, I'm kind of new to this web site, been posting for maybe 2 weeks...just wanted to say how cool I think everyone is, and how friendly. I rarely use the internet to "talk" to anyone, but being able to communicate with fellow U2 fans has really been a treat. So, thanks!!!!

grr... my friend is not calling me back... i texted her and told her to call me when the show started! hopefully she will do so... 13 minutes!!!

RademR said:

frustrating so far this year...i got into Dulles tonight, and hung out at an airport bar to catch the end of the yanks-sox game. Another L.

I wish I liked some of these guys a little better....Mussina, Wright, Johnson, Sheffield and A-Rod are all guys I rooted against, regardless of their uniform......having them and the surly Brown on the team bums me out...i miss Brosius and O'Neill and Raines and Cone and Key...sigh....at least Tino is back and Bernie is still around. We'll be ok this year, though. I think.

7 minutes!!!

No spoken words said:
Hey, real quick, I'm kind of new to this web site, been posting for maybe 2 weeks...just wanted to say how cool I think everyone is, and how friendly. I rarely use the internet to "talk" to anyone, but being able to communicate with fellow U2 fans has really been a treat. So, thanks!!!!

Yeah it's cool talking U2 in here...the wife is not a U2 person so I need to talk U2 with somebody :)

But you guys need to stop all this Yankee talk hehe

lol...i think this thread is about to be moved to "Put 'em Under Pressure" :huh:

A SOURCE!!! HELPP!!!!

CTU2fan said:
But you guys need to stop all this Yankee talk hehe

Yeah, they need to talk about the real ball and bat sport, CRICKET! :wink:

More from the Land Of Sports No-one Here Knows: NEW ZEALAND FINALLY WON A GAME OF CRICKET! :dance: <-- I don't think we have an icon jumping up and down excitedly so that'll have to do.

Though I hear Sri Lanka doesn't have Muttiah Muralitharan at the moment (didn't see any of the game myself) so that makes it easier for us ...

Id be the source for the first Denver show but I dont have a cell phone cause I am behind the times :wink:

haha, i bid on a U2 Ga ticket on ebay for 2 dollars.....why bother?

why bother you ask?

because i can, that's why!

RademR said:
anyone going for Vegas II on saturday? I'll be there....trying to get tickets, at least.

Yep- Vegas 1 & 2 are the 9th and 10th (and final) Vertigo Tour shows for me... unless they come back into North America in 2006.

Back
Top Bottom