Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the record...

Right now, Phoenix and the rest of Arizona are on what we'd consider to be Pacific Time. However, once the clocks fall back in October, Arizona will be in Mountain Time. Why, you ask? Because Arizona never moves their clocks...they are on what they call "Arizona Time". Hope that helps and did not sound too........teacherish. :)

Oh, if they ever played G-d's country in my presence, I'd die. Then again, I used to say that about The Electric Co., and I've heard it Live, and did not drop dead. Whew.

off topic but i dont feel like going to another part of the forum...but i got a call today from a guitar company in Montreal asking me if they could send me 2 guitars they want Dallas to try out for Edge......? very strange. why not just call principle. I do have a way to get in touch with Dallas but i dont know. anyway, this Montreal guy sounded for real, i looked up his name and he's legit, said Dallas had gotten some guitars from them when he teched for NIN. just a little U2 tidbit while were waiting for the opening tune.

Last edited:
MikeSt said:
off topic but i dont feel like going to another part of the forum...but i got a call today from a guitar company is Montreal asking me if they could send me 2 guitars they want Dallas to try out for Edge......? very strange. why not just call principle. I do have a way to get in touch with Dallas but i dont know. anyway, this Montreal guy sounded for real, i looked his name and he's legit, said Dallas had gotten some guitars from them when he teched for NIN. just i little U2 tidbit while were waiting for the opening tune.

Wow..that's really cool information! :up:

No spoken words said:
For the record...

Right now, Phoenix and the rest of Arizona are on what we'd consider to be Pacific Time. However, once the clocks fall back in October, Arizona will be in Mountain Time. Why, you ask? Because Arizona never moves their clocks...they are on what they call "Arizona Time". Hope that helps and did not sound too........teacherish. :)

Oh, if they ever played G-d's country in my presence, I'd die. Then again, I used to say that about The Electric Co., and I've heard it Live, and did not drop dead. Whew.

Arizona is clearly a cool state like Queensland. Having no daylight saving rocks.

Axver said:

Arizona is clearly a cool state like Queensland. Having no daylight saving rocks.

Arizona is the state that would not recognize MLK day. But, it is a very interesting state, in myriad ways.

I'll be there tomorrow. :)

No spoken words said:

Arizona is the state that would not recognize MLK day. But, it is a very interesting state, in myriad ways.

Well, Queensland doesn't recognise MLK Day either. :wink:

</lame attempt at humour>

It's the effort that matters, Axver. Levity is appreciated. Sorry your day was/is crap, by the way, hope the set list, or this thread, provides you with some modicum of joy.

No spoken words said:

No, former Governor Evan Mecham would not recognize MLK. The rest of us were appalled.

U2 loves Arizona, and Arizona loves them back. The Compton Terrace show in '85 was the first time U2 sold over 20,000 tickets as a headliner anywhere in the world... and, of course, the Joshua Tree tour began and ended in Tempe.

lukea said:

No, former Governor Evan Mecham would not recognize MLK. The rest of us were appalled.

U2 loves Arizona, and Arizona loves them back. The Compton Terrace show in '85 was the first time U2 sold over 20,000 tickets as a headliner anywhere in the world... and, of course, the Joshua Tree tour began and ended in Tempe.

Good point, sorry if I misrepresented. I have some friends in Az, they all love U2 and are there tonight and will be again tomorrow. And, if you like golf.....:)

Hello everyone :wave:

I probably won't be able to stay through the whole setlist but i'll be here awhile...long enough to also, see if my torrent will finish...:dance:

This concert should be rocking they have had 3 days off...we should be in for a good show!...and maybe a treat or two :hmm:

Sicy said:
Oh god I'll die if they play In God's Country..

:drool:

They did last tour on the 3rd leg...quite nice. Then they brought up that tool Randy Johnson and had him walk around with the World Series trophy. They had just beat the Yankees...kind of like we did tonight. :wink:

No spoken words said:
It's the effort that matters, Axver. Levity is appreciated. Sorry your day was/is crap, by the way, hope the set list, or this thread, provides you with some modicum of joy.

Thank you. :) Yeah, today's not gone well at all. Looking forward to the show - and hopefully a surprise or two!

No spoken words said:
Did anyone see the Vh1 special yet? If so, how was it?? I have it Tivo'd.

Oh i sure hope that gets torrneted this weekend :drool:... from what i heard on another forum ;)....it was excellent and quite funny...so i'm excited to see it as well but i live in Montreal, we don't get VH1 here :|

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Cool...try being a Cubs Fan these days

Another good point....you are beloved, but, long-suffering. We are hated, but have enjoyed myirad successes.

I've never felt worse about a loss from a team I do not root for than I did after the Cubs lost Game 6 in 2003. Oy.

Back to topic.....20 minutes!!!

Try being a Wellington Hurricanes fan. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact we're doing well for a change.

*knows none of you will know what he's talking about but oh well ...*

No spoken words said:

Another good point....you are beloved, but, long-suffering. We are hated, but have enjoyed myirad successes.

I've never felt worse about a loss from a team I do not root for than I did after the Cubs lost Game 6 in 2003. Oy.

Back to topic.....20 minutes!!!

Thanks for you appreaction for the Cubs' loss two years ago...I just can't wait for the Cubs to finally win a World Series like the Boston Red Sox did last year!

Axver said:
Try being a Wellington Hurricanes fan. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact we're doing well for a change.

*knows none of you will know what he's talking about but oh well ...*

I don't, good point. However, I do know that my network just picked up a one hour program titled "Aussie Rules Highlight Show", we'll be airing it on Fridays at 5pm. Exciting, no? No??? Damn!

whats up everyone? :wave:

just got back from Orlando, enjoying the sun for a couple days...

i miss anything special? we got a source for tonight?

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Thanks for you appreaction for the Cubs' loss two years ago...I just can't wait for the Cubs to finally win a World Series like the Boston Red Sox did last year!

You're welcome! :) I hope the Cubs win one, too, it would be great for baseball and for Chicago. Maybe if Wood straightens his head out, it can happen.

15 minutes!

i like aussie rules cause you have to be an actual athlete to play it. and when you score the ref either points at ya with one finger if you go to the outer upright, or two fingers (one each hand) if you go inner. is hilarious and awesome. what a great sport.

Back
Top Bottom