Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OffAxis said:

The song completely changes every tour so it's actually quite fresh for me.

This tour Bullet is just amazing!

I'd have to agree...I really dig The Edge's work this time...nice bluesly solo, great intro off of SBS.

I was never really a huge fan of Bullet, so yeah... replacement would be good! it doesn't seem realistic though, they play it at every show. i'm hoping for some changes in Leg 2!

popmuzik99 said:
anyone else sick of bullet?

it started and he said "I'm sick of this song, I'm not letting you hear this..." and hung up.

He knows I agree so it was fine with me.

Anyone ever hear bullet from i think the wembly zootv concert? He goes nuts and starts telling all the big countries to f off. Definitely the angriest version I've ever heard (and that's why it's my favorite..lol).

I guess I'm in the minority here...I don't like Bullet this tour, w/the bluesy solo...to me it wimps it right out.

And I need the talking...between the hands snippet & the solo you could fall asleep...give me Tempe '87 with the big chords & the spotlight any time.

Axver said:
Anyone else NOT sick of Bullet?
I'm not. Please, Edge, play it slower. It's not slow enough yet. The entire encore set should be one long performance of "Bullet the Blue Sky." Bono could bring back the "slappin' 'em down" part and count up a hundred dollars at a time until he reaches Africa's full debt. It'll fit in with the African theme.

Arcadion said:

yes, so many worthy replacements...

Yeah, they've played it the last couple of tours. Bring back Refugee, Two Hearts Beat As One, Mofo, Desire, Angel Of Harlem, oh hell, I could go on and on, who am I kidding (snuck back by the computer, couldn't resist!) :giggle:

I loved Bullet/Running from the Zoo tour. Haven't heard it on this tour yet. Is it similar...better/worse?

Bullet is theatrics, that's why it's lasted as long as it has.

I like when the Edge rips off a solo, so I don't mind it so much, the song was great up until the last tour, when it really started to become stale. I still think it was great on POPmart, especially when it was Miami/Bullet that was ultra cool.

I thought it was pretty boring on PopMart too. It was just the ZooTV version except slower. And it lost its buddy, "Running To Stand Still" (which is the main reason "Bullet" is tolerable this time around).

The Joshua Tree/Lovetown and ZooTV/Zooropa versions were awesome, though.

These Wembley Nights '93 boots are really fantastic...

I loved the thing with Bono and the umbrella, the west side story la la la's, but it wasn't as good after they dropped Miami.

Like I said, it's theatrics, musically the song was at it's zenith on Zoo Tv, obviously.

U2 should just do us all a favour and repeat ZooTV Bullet --> RTSS. Sure, it may be repeating themselves, but it was so damn incredible. My favourite part of ZooTV, especially when they brought in Dirty Day to segue into it.

the trio Bullet-RTSS-Streets on Zoo TV is the best thing U2 have ever done, period, album, live, whatever.

throw in a usual excellent segue into Bullet whether it was Bad or Dirty Day or whatever and it's just icing on the cake.

popmuzik99 said:

1993-08-11 (the day before my b-day, which was the second wembley...lol.) So, it was actually zooropa not zootv.

August 12 is my birthday, too.

Back
Top Bottom