Phoenix I Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Farn said:
here's a primative update. Not 100%. And out of order in some (or all) cases. Also might be missing songs.

01. Love and Peace or Else
Vertigo
Elevation
Boy (my guess is he said Stories for Boys but I'm not sure. Boy is all I heard)
COBL (definately before BD)
Beautiful Day (playing now)

Do you think that by 'boy', he meant the Boy set?

No spoken words said:
Alright, I'm off. If someone wants me to text them tomorrow, e-mail me tonight or in the morning (Pacific Time) at Fellman9@aol.com

Night, all.

Someone, please, get in contact with No Spoken Words! I'd take the texts but I'm in Australia, so that'll probably cost you a lot more.

Sauce( In the name of soup)
Goes along with...I still haven't found what i stuck on...lol from Bubble and Gum....lol i laughed the first time i heard the titles not sure who made the Bubble and gum thing up tho..

angel_28 said:
Sauce( In the name of soup)
Goes along with...I still haven't found what i stuck on...lol from Bubble and Gum....lol i laughed the first time i heard the titles not sure who made the Bubble and gum thing up tho..

Wait..is Bubble and Gum a true CD or something? I had heard about it..but I didn't understand the whole concept of it.

I am pretty sure he didnt' meant the Boy songs. He would have given me those by names.

Did we establish that the band made it on stage a little late (around 9:15 or so? or would that be early (since when they start at 7:30 the band comes on stage at 9, so by extension, 8:00 start time = 9:30 band time?

My guess is that if they were late, the boy songs would be the ones to be cut (based on Farn's source's setlist)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Wait..is Bubble and Gum a true CD or something? I had heard about it..but I didn't understand the whole concept of it.

I'm not sure about that myself, i remeber hearing some VJ saying something about it, but i caught the very end of it...maybe someone here would know :)

alright, better update. he was a bit clearer this time but i'm still not positive.

01. Love and Peace
02. Vertigo
03. Elevation
04. Electric Co.
05. An Cat Dubh
06. COBL
07. Beautiful Day (I think he said with an In God's Country outro but I'm not sure)
08. Miracle Drug
09. Sometimes You Can't

(i reserve the right to apologize if these are wrong)

Well everyone since my download is going incredibly slowly...and i have work tomorrow:mad: ...i guess i should sleep.
It has been fun...as usual i'll see you tomorrow!
Have a great Night/day where ever you may be in the world! :dance: :)

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Ok..I see...I just didn't understand the whole Bubble and Gum thing.

I am a bit late on this but yes, the bubble and gum thing does exist. A friend bought it for me a few years ago. It is quite funny. The cover is the rattle and hum cover and the edge is blowing a bubble. The "name" of the group is U Chew. I am sure that the bubble gum is stale now though. Anyway, there are six tracks listed as fololows:

sunday bubble sunday
with or without chew
pride (in the name of gum)
some gums are better than others
in wad's country - hey maybe they'll play that tonight in Phx
i still haven't found what i stuck it on
all i want is chew
numb (gum)

Kinda funny.

Kev

hey guys! i just woke up here on the other side of atlantic, so i'm joining a party for a couple of munites!:) Have to go to Uni then...
Wow, do you really think that there was a snippet from In God's Country??? Damn, I can't wait to hear it, if it's true, of course.
And, yes, I'm one of those who'e hoping they'll keep the Original of the species for the rest fo the tour!:yes:

I wouldn't be surprised with In God's Country. I was at the Phoenix show for the 3rd leg of Elevation where they played it for the first time in a number of years. Maybe has some sentimental value with Phoenix/Desert/Western US, etc.?

yeah, you're probably right. maybe there'll be some special songs in vienna, what do you think:wink:
acrobat would be fine with me!

12. Bullet

(btw, lucky to get a good streak of updates. he knows I'm a SBS fan so he kept me on for that and the start of Bullet.)

I think that if they're not going to do the "war trilogy", they shouldn't play Bullet The Blue Sky.

On the other hand, it's definitely cool that they're following it with Running To Stand Still Again. Now, if they'd just play October before New Year's Day...

popmuzik99 said:
anyone else sick of bullet?

The song completely changes every tour so it's actually quite fresh for me.

This tour Bullet is just amazing!

Back
Top Bottom