Philadelphia Setlist Watch Party IIa -Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love that Fast Cars is a highlight for so many people, :D ,

fastcars.jpg

Ohhhh man. Philly II was AMAZING. Please go read my show impressions over in the Personal Experience and Photos or whatever it's called section. I'm too exhausted to write any more about it here...:drool:

All I will say is Fast Cars IS a highlight of the show...and People Get Ready with Bruce was the greatest thing to happen ALL TOUR!

hey ax, at both shows they snippetted see me, feel me, during the electric co as well, along with bullet with butterfly wings last night.

Why do people get so hyped for U2 to cover songs? I'd like them to play some more of their own stuff. :shrug:

(aside from bruce being there, of course. I see how that would make a difference. :wink: )

I actually think U2 have always sucked at covering other people's songs. With the single exception of Helter Skelter, of course.

scottyT said:
hey ax, at both shows they snippetted see me, feel me, during the electric co as well, along with bullet with butterfly wings last night.

Thanks for that and all the other snippet info! Thanks to everyone who's posted snippets all tour, for that matter! :up:

Axver said:

Thanks for that and all the other snippet info! Thanks to everyone who's posted snippets all tour, for that matter! :up:

...speaking of which, NOBODY has acknowledged the fact that Bono snippeted Please during Bullet in Milwaukee!

Glad I could help with Sunday's setlist. These two shows seemed so much stronger than the one I went to in May, and even that one was great. I've spent most of the day talking myself out of taking off for Pittsburgh this weekend...

I was up until like 2:30 last night in my hotel room, completely wound up from the show, and I jotted a lot of things down in my journal that I definitely want to expand on. Keep an eye out for a long post from me over in the reviews section--and my pictures will be ready Friday! :hyper:

Chizip said:
i feel sorry for the suckers that went to this show and missed the cardinals game :drool:

:lol:

like your sig :D

but I would have done several immoral things to have been at that show last night:wink:

Anyone know how they did on Walk On this time? Did having messed it up already take the pressure off performing it again? :D

U2Man said:
I actually think U2 have always sucked at covering other people's songs. With the single exception of Helter Skelter, of course.

they did Marvin Gaye's 'What's Goin' On' pretty good during Elevation... those versions with Gwen were actually VERY good IMHO.

I could have done without 'What's Going On' in place of another U2 song or another/better song to cover. But that's just me :shrug:

WildHoneyAlways said:
What's Goin On was pretty good but since it was released commercially I don't think it's the same as other random covers. :wink:

a personal fave was Dancing Queen back in Syracuse in '87

also like the Smashing Pumpkin snippets this tour along with 'People I Don't Know Are Tryin' to Kill Me'.... which isn't actually a cover, is it?

u2wedge said:

a personal fave was Dancing Queen back in Syracuse in '87

also like the Smashing Pumpkin snippets this tour along with 'People I Don't Know Are Tryin' to Kill Me'.... which isn't actually a cover, is it?

Dancing Queen wasn't done until ZooTV.

People I Don't Know Are Trying To Kill Me is a song by Neil McCormick.

Lila64 said:
If there are tickets floating around, what are you waiting for? Or are you waiting on 2 GAs at the right price? Or decent seats under face? I haven't seen any below face.

I'm Dutch and you know what that means right?
Only need 1 ticket this time around, by the way.

GA at the right price: :yes: please.
Haven't seen any available on TM yet.
And those I have seen elsewhere are still priced way too high for me.
They seem to go down slightly though.
But there's always the risk of waiting too long and prices going up again.
Which might happen when time's running out.

Decent seats under face: I've seen it happen on Ebay a few times for Oakland. But it's usually for 2 tickets. And I don't want to buy more than I need.

Any way, tonight I checked on Ticketmaster once again and when I saw what came up as available , my plan to wait till the last minute went straight out of the window.
I caved!
Really couldn't pass this one up.
Which means I am now the proud owner of a seat for the Nov. 8th show in Oakland.

Still need a ticket for the Nov. 9th though.
But with one ticket in my pocket, I think I'll be able to wait that one out for a little while longer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom