Philadelphia Setlist Watch Party IIa -Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm off to bed, but forgot to add that the transition from ABOY to 40 was very hard to take--it was like U2us Interruptus...The setlist (as you probably know) showed they were supposed to play OOTS and Bad. ABOY to 40 was a screeching change of gears.

Night all! :wave: Rosa, see you Friday, and Miroslava, see you Saturday!

ruffian said:
I'm off to bed, but forgot to add that the transition from ABOY to 40 was very hard to take--it was like U2us Interruptus...The setlist (as you probably know) showed they were supposed to play OOTS and Bad. ABOY to 40 was a screeching change of gears.

Night all! :wave: Rosa, see you Friday, and Miroslava, see you Saturday!

Bye, hope you feel better. I'll be leaving for DC tomorrow afternoon. See you Friday. :wave:

mkdominatr said:
I wonder why they did change it? They knew the crowd was going insane. I really thought they would end on bad.

Curfew perhaps? What time did the show end at yesterday?

It's from another source.. only one minute, but he shot it from my original spot on the rail... :drool:

Feel better ruffian :hug:

You lucky girls, going to more shows (ramblinrose, Miroslava)

TAKE ME WITH YOU - KIDNAP ME TO A SHOW :sad:

:giggle:

Lila64 said:
Feel better ruffian :hug:

You lucky girls, going to more shows (ramblinrose, Miroslava)

TAKE ME WITH YOU - KIDNAP ME TO A SHOW :sad:

:giggle:

Well, you say you're little... I could probably sneak you in a suitcase if I ugraded to a bigger size... :wink: Vegas? :sexywink:

Pop Artist said:

It was acoustic. Dunno if the WOWY girl wants to be exposed (sure somebody else will <g>) but she was everywhere during Popmart, went on the down low and only went to a couple of Elevations, and is back around a bit more this tour... ;)

Erm... is she a blondie?

BonoIsMyMuse said she took a lot of pictures - so she might have them up by the end of the week, after she's recovered...

PatrickM said:

Erm... is she a blondie?

Nope...has been several different colors :) but not blonde. Unless she's changed it since last week, her hair is currently a very dark brown.

I'm going to feel the apologist heat on this one, but why does it seem like almost every song added gets the acoustic treatment? It's such a cop-out. Just play the real fucking song! they played this shit every night on the last tour and now it's a struggle to put it together? How can they call themselves professionals?

is there anyone here who actually PREFERS an acoustic Walk On or Stuck to the full band version? because they are shadows of their former selves, in my opinion.

I'm usually not a fan of acoustic crap, but I do kind of like acoustic Walk On and acoustic Stuck because at least it's something different from the last tour. It's good to hear a new arrangement instead of the same old thing again.

If they added an acoustic Desire, Staring at the Sun, or Stay I'd be pissed though. Been there done that. But these new acoustic songs are pretty good.

I heard it started earlier tonite, like at 8:45pm :shrug:

maybe Larry is in too much pain (re: acoustic sets). Maybe he should call Rick Allen (one-armed drummer for Def Leppard) for some advice :hmm: (Or use a drum machine - we want to be boomCHA'd! or Mofo'd). Or rocked out at the very least...

Ok, done ranting there :whew:

Last edited:
lazarus said:
I'm going to feel the apologist heat on this one, but why does it seem like almost every song added gets the acoustic treatment? It's such a cop-out. Just play the real fucking song! they played this shit every night on the last tour and now it's a struggle to put it together? How can they call themselves professionals?

is there anyone here who actually PREFERS an acoustic Walk On or Stuck to the full band version? because they are shadows of their former selves, in my opinion.

Definitely like my Walk On full band but I do GREATLY prefer the acoustic Stuck in a Moment to the full band one, even the recorded versions I like the acoustic b-side way better than the album version. Stuck is my least favorite song on ATYCLB, but acoustic I really like it.

Reviews and pictures already!!! http://www.u2tours.com/detail.src?ID=20051017

During the encore, Bono announces that they want to play 'People Get Ready' next, but says they need an extra guitar player. Bruce Springsteen strolls on stage and the crowd erupts as they reprise a collaboration that first happened in September, 1987, at Philly's now-demolished JFK Stadium. Later in the song, Bruce's wife Patti Scialfa comes on stage to help with vocals. They continue the song for a long time, eventually leaving only Bruce (playing Bono's Irish Falcon guitar) and Larry on stage at the end, closing out the first encore. The planned setlist has the show ending with Original of the Species and Bad, but the band plays All Because of You and 40 instead.

lazarus said:

I would have totally agreed with you two weeks ago. But after hearing this new version of Stuck ... it's absolutely gorgeous and unlike the Elevation Tour version, it's actually worth playing (I always skip Stuck on Elevation bootlegs; it puts me to sleep). Not so sure about Walk On - the Chicago performance was funny but I'd like to hear it done 'properly' before I decide if I do like it or if I just like the Chicago performance for the endearing humour.

That said, WGRYWH absolutely has to be full band; this acoustic idea is silly. When they did it electric in Boston, it was a mindblower; I may not be a huge Achtung fan and I never would've hoped to see this song in concert, but it was a major highlight of the 28 May show. I'm kind of disappointed it's only being done acoustically now.

WGRYWH full band from Boston :drool:

Absolutely one of my favourites moments on all bootlegs from this tour :drool:

Chizip said:
I'm usually not a fan of acoustic crap, but I do kind of like acoustic Walk On and acoustic Stuck because at least it's something different from the last tour. It's good to hear a new arrangement instead of the same old thing again.

If they added an acoustic Desire, Staring at the Sun, or Stay I'd be pissed though. Been there done that. But these new acoustic songs are pretty good.

I agree with Stuck but Walk On needs to be done full electric. Boiling it down to 4 chords strummed on an acoustic guitar makes this one too tame.

damn shame, i'd have liked to have heard bad and original. boss was awesome and all, but 10 minutes of people get ready vs. bad....

haha.

oh well it was still one of the best show's i've ever seen. i hope someone recorded it, because the band was freaking spot on tonight. the show gets and A+, up from last night's B.

ruffian said:
They seem to have changed the system so that fans arriving early are getting in much more frequently than they used to...I heard that they want the ellipse fuller sooner.

But darn it, I want to be in too.

And I must be really stupid to hope or think that I actually have a chance.

For one, being lucky like that just isn't in my vocabulary.
Secondly, because of my work there's no way I can wait in the GA line all day. The sad truth is that the very earliest I could make it to the venue would probably be around 7.15/7.30 PM
Besides, I don't even have (GA) tickets yet.

In a way I hope ruffian is right, and that not many people find out, lol. Can't you take a sick day off from work? Or pretend to get sick during the day? :hmm:

and as for the question earlier about my friend - the answer is $25,000 :wink: (could have been $100k had he walked!)

Lila64 said:
Can't you take a sick day off from work? Or pretend to get sick during the day? :hmm:

No, unfortunately I'm afraid that won't be possible.
If I could, you know I would.
But I'm in quite a unique work situation.
With it's very own pro's and con's.
Fake sick days just aren't an option.

Lila64 said:
and as for the question earlier about my friend - the answer is $25,000 :wink: (could have been $100k had he walked!)

WOW!
$25,000 is a lot of money.
Just think about how many u2 tickets you could buy for that.
:lol:
But damn, $100K would have been even more amazing!

No kidding! He gambled and guessed the last question going for $250,000. I'll see if he wants to splurge and buy Maddy a ticket :laugh:

Has there been a ticket drop for LA yet?

Plenty of Oakland tickets around it seems.
But :shh:
Perhaps you could buy one and try to trade it with someone.

I'm still waiting and holding on though.
I must say it's looking extremely possible to score a ticket below face (not for GA of course)

Back
Top Bottom