Philadelphia Lip-Synch?????????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raulpiggs

Babyface
Let me first say that I am not making any accusations, I am just reporting what I and others saw at Saturday nights show in Philadelphia. (5/14/05)

During "Miracle Drug", after the solo, Bono walked in front of the drum riser and began to sing. (Beneath the noise, Below the din, I hear a voice, it's whispering) During these lyrics his handheld microphone was at his side and when he realized it he quickly pulled it up to his mouth.

What this means? I don't know. Everyone in our section began to talk about it. It is my hope that he also wears another microphone on a headset or attached to his shirt.

I'm just wondering if anyone else saw this or has any information about sound engineering, microphone placement, etc.

I wasn't at the show but I know that normally edge sings that part of the song, so my guess is that what you heard while he was singing without his own microphone was edge, who's voice sounds very similar.

I don't think Edge sings this part because the vocal is definitely Bono's voice. Bono was also singing these lines in the concert, just not into the mic.

raulpiggs said:
I don't think Edge sings this part because the vocal is definitely Bono's voice. Bono was also singing these lines in the concert, just not into the mic.
trust us, edge sings that part, for proof nip over to u2.com and under the exclusives section there is a video of when they performed MD during CD:UK

raulpiggs said:
Let me first say that I am not making any accusations, I am just reporting what I and others saw at Saturday nights show in Philadelphia. (5/14/05)

During "Miracle Drug", after the solo, Bono walked in front of the drum riser and began to sing. (Beneath the noise, Below the din, I hear a voice, it's whispering) During these lyrics his handheld microphone was at his side and when he realized it he quickly pulled it up to his mouth.

What this means? I don't know. Everyone in our section began to talk about it. It is my hope that he also wears another microphone on a headset or attached to his shirt.

I'm just wondering if anyone else saw this or has any information about sound engineering, microphone placement, etc.

:der:

I just watched the SD 3/28 DVD bootleg and it is as clear as day that Edge is singing the part being called into question.

Re: Re: Philadelphia Lip-Synch?????????

Mr. BAW said:

I agree. This should go with the thread about what is the song that comes before everyone.

I'm sorry to offend. I just get really frustrated.

fyi, Edge also sings this part on the album (which was discussed back in November).

raulpiggs said:

It's common knowledge around here now, but at first there was quite a debate as to if it was the Edge or Bono singing that part on the CD. At some point it was made clear that it was in fact the Edge singing that part on the CD. So naturally, he sings it live. It's ok. A lot of people have been mentioning this. Now you know and you can pass it along to others !

kellyahern said:
It means the Edge sings that part

:yes:

Edge sings that part. I watched him. Bono just sings along because he wants to....he's no Ashlee Simpson trust me. At Philly I heard him do several things with his voice that I've never heard him do before and it was amazing.

all you needed to do was look left a couple feet and you woulda clearly seen edge rockin out those lines on the mic... they actually sound very similar in the last couple years, when edge isnt singing ridiculously high or falsetto that is

I saw Edge singing that part too. I looked right at him (I was in the second row of the ellipse) when that part came.

I want you to know that when I sing this part I turn up the CD because they BOTH sing so much better.........together or seperatley .

C'mon People this is U2 they don't have to give back a grammy

they are the REAL DEAL

Its all a conspiracy, edge is really lyp synching also, I saw his mouth making diffrent words from his mouth then what really was being sung

Edge sings Van Diemen's Land, Numb, and part of seconds as well. People who have watched Bono when these songs are performed live, often think it's a lip synch moment.

Achtung Ya'll said:
HEY GUYS I HEARD A RUMOR THAT THE EDGE SINGS THAT PART!

:laugh:

You don't say?! I'm still positive it's Bono!!@123121!1!1!!!!!111!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom