Philadelphia I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zooropa1310 said:
The only thing that bugs me about Gloria this tour is that it doesn't seem as energetic as back in the October/War days. Mostly directed towards Adam. Remember how amazing his solo sounded? The pop and slap of his bass? I was listening to it today (Vancouver soundboard), and it sounded as if it was being played just to be played :sad: ... No pop. No Slap. No bass mans early twenties soul. Then again, just my opinion. Maybe he is bored with it?

I've actually heard Adam say that the bass in Gloria is rather mundane and unchallenging....there's a clip of him saying this on u2source.com (a pretty wonderful site, filled with golden audio goodies...:drool:).

The Dublin Zoo TV recording has become my most valued bootleg... I listen to it 3 times a day (It's the only thing I dance to). Segues are amazing. Phone call was hilarious too...

"You have reached the offices of the United Nations. I am sorry, we are closed for lunch. But if you are a small, third world nation facing genocide, please leave the name of your country after the beep. And we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you!" :lol: :lol:

angelordevil said:

I've actually heard Adam say that the bass in Gloria is rather mundane and unchallenging....there's a clip of him saying this on u2source.com (a pretty wonderful site, filled with golden audio goodies...:drool:).

I'm glad you mentioned that site :). I was thinking about it yesterday and couldn't remember the name of it :reject:.

catlhere said:
[The First Time? :ohmy: Wasn't this the first tour this song was played? Or am I losing my mind? :huh:

This tour was the first time it was played in full. It was snippeted during some performances of Bad on the fourth leg of ZooTV in August 1993.

Zooropa1310 said:
The only thing that bugs me about Gloria this tour is that it doesn't seem as energetic as back in the October/War days. Mostly directed towards Adam. Remember how amazing his solo sounded? The pop and slap of his bass? I was listening to it today (Vancouver soundboard), and it sounded as if it was being played just to be played :sad: ... No pop. No Slap. No bass mans early twenties soul. Then again, just my opinion. Maybe he is bored with it?

Yeah, I listened to the Philly May 22 bootleg (MY show :drool: ) and heard the same thing...:huh:

Lila64 said:

Chinese food
THanks
4.gif
3.gif
10.gif
6.gif

:wave:

Hmmm.

I have no clue what to eat just yet.

And those smilies are cracking me up!

So me at the moment.

Axver said:

It is but some bootlegs include it as a separate song.

I would classify it as a snippet for sure...it's just two lines, and then the bombast of Bullet comes on full force....:drool:

LemonMacPhisto said:

Oh, ok, good

because it works as a perfect segue into the greatest version of Bullet ever

there I said it

I really don't see why anyone thinks that's the greatest Bullet ever considering the solo's painfully slow compared to the Sydney video and it doesn't have the rage of performances like 11 August 1993, London.

Axver said:

I really don't see why anyone thinks that's the greatest Bullet ever considering the solo's painfully slow compared to the Sydney video and it doesn't have the rage of performances like 11 August 1993, London.

PopMart Sao Paolo's is awesome too

The ones you listed are 2 and 3 on my All-Time Bullet list

Axver said:

This tour was the first time it was played in full. It was snippeted during some performances of Bad on the fourth leg of ZooTV in August 1993.

I one day hope to achieve your greatness of U2 knowledge. :bow:

kellyahern said:

I'm glad you mentioned that site :). I was thinking about it yesterday and couldn't remember the name of it :reject:.

Yes, it's amazing...I think Axver could get lost in there:wink:
Once again, it's *beats dead horse* u2source.com....I love that site a lot.

Zooropa1310 said:

Why is it that Bono AND Adam seem to look like Robin Williams (In this case, Robin Williams making a weird face). Remember Popmart? I coudl have sworn Bono was Robin Williams...

:angry:

Robin Williams :yuck:

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, yeah, that what it means. .:crack: :uhoh:

Not exactly what I meant.

But damn, Kelly distracted me with a photo and now I forgot what I was going to say! ;)

O wait, I remember.

But I don't want to upset certain people.

:reject:

All I want is a nice and happy party!!

corianderstem said:
My day was good, thanks! A blustery fall day in Seattle. I'm being all wistful and wishing I were back in New York, like I was a week ago today.

Meeeeeemmmmmriiiiiiies .... light the coooorner of my miiiiind....

aaaaHAAAAA......so it was you WHO IMPORTED THAT EXTRA 5 OR SO DAYS OF RAIN HERE TO nyc :madspit:

anything more than 2- 3 days in a row of rain/gray skies when it isn't some part of ealry-mid wintertime gets most native NYC'ers :grumpy: :grumpy: :mad: :madspit: ........

:wink:

glad you could visit MY :love: City

Hopefully Edge will channel his everlasting love for this person for tonight's show

urkel8se.jpg

Last edited:
You don't know how many times I heard that joke while I was visiting New York.

For your information, it doesn't rain as much in Seattle as everyone says. It's gray and drizzly a lot, but it doesn't rain all the time.

:sexywink:

Zooropa1310 said:

You can't deny it though... You have to admit there is SOME resemblance.

there is a little resemblance - It explains why there are times when I find Robin Williams hot :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom