Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackbird was sung at the end of Beautiful Day - sounded great!

No Stories for Boys though :(

he did go into a lot of Father Abraham as well. it was nuts.

and awesome.

so much energy.

Ax they played your Black Cat, and i liked it for one reason... cause the band really seemed into playing it. so i'll give them that.....

the show was unreal......

unreal. awesome. fantastic.

i have stiff nipples....

i mean, hi!

yeah man it was fantastic. fantastic. the crowd was so loud at points bono had to like scream over them.

crowd was awesome tonite. i was sitting 2nd level dead center of stage and not a single person was sitting down.

Just got back from the concert. So amazing. Standard set list, but I didn't care since it was my first of the tour. Kinda disappointed with no NYD, but I guess that's the price you pay when yout get electric co./an cat/into the heart. I have to agree with scottyT, so much energy in the crowd. I was actually surprised to see that a good amount of people knew the boy songs. But yeah amazing. Will probly post more in the review section. Peace.

Axver, Bono sang something short that I didn't recognize before the "uno, dos, tres" of vertigo. Can anyone else confirm/identify this?

and in response to the complaints about elevation, it was awesome tonight. it looked almost like adam was crying when we were all screaming it!

scottyT said:
how about all the Father Abraham singing, i thought that was sooo intense. very good.

I was wondering about that. I heard him singing Father Abraham during SBS on the Chicago IV bootleg but when I looked up lyrics, what I got was nothing like what I heard ...

That father Abraham thing is of Bono's own invention, I'm pretty sure. It fits in with his whole "Jesus, Jew, Muhammad, it's true" theme.

This show was great. It was my first U2 show and I got into the ellipse! I ended up being in the second row from the stage. Incredible. Edge was awesome tonight. I wish I could sleep, but I'm just too excited.

elevateandy said:
The Philly crowd did not want to stop singing 40!!!!!! It was great!

Great show. Zoo Station was so loud tonight.

Suprisingly, the crowd was pretty good on the floor. Fewer drunken idiots and less senseless/ poorly timed screamers then chitown. Although, someone starting yelling "fuck bush" when Bono mentioned him and Blair leading the world. It was kind of nice to here. It reminded me of radiohead.

i was floored by the crowd -- was way up in the nosebleeds and everyone knew the words to the Boy songs *and* the HTDAAB songs.

great show. i think they need to play longer, but they are very tight. however, i think they need to use that gorgeous light curtain more and i'd choose a different setlist if i ruled the world.

but i don't, so i'll take what i can get.

looking forward to DC in october.

U2 Blinky Light said:

Great show. Zoo Station was so loud tonight.

Suprisingly, the crowd was pretty good on the floor. Fewer drunken idiots and less senseless/ poorly timed screamers then chitown. Although, someone starting yelling "fuck bush" when Bono mentioned him and Blair leading the world. It was kind of nice to here. It reminded me of radiohead.

BONO SAID WHAT?

you're kidding me. i'm sorry, but bono has completely lost all the little respect i had for him, if he's truly so fucking blind as to say that.

Zoomerang96 said:

BONO SAID WHAT?

you're kidding me. i'm sorry, but bono has completely lost all the little respect i had for him, if he's truly so fucking blind as to say that.
you have your views and bono has his, and you saying you have lost all the respect you have for him because he made his views clear? so it would be ok for people to loose the respect they had for you just because you make your opinions clear? bit short sighted hey?

I'd have to disagree with the statement that "the philly crowd did not want to stop singing 40." As soon as the house lights went on, everyone stopped and immediately filed out. However, while the crowd was chanting "how long..." it was great; very loud, seemed like most of the crowd was into it. As everyone's been saying, such amazing energy from the crowd.

is anyone else suffering from memory loss? there's so little about the show i remember -- sensory overload, to sy the least. i do remember the feeling i get whenever i see them ... about three quarters of the way trough thef first set, i start to notice time moving very quickly, the songs race by, and it feels like they're about to slip away for another four years.

i'm so greedy. i want more!

yeah i think at some point my brain fell out, and i can't think anymore.

yeah the father abraham thing was completely moving. Bono did a lot of tags on the ends of songs that don't seem to appear in the setlists.

oh and to the small minded who are bashing him for talking about Bush and Blair.

it's people and minds like yours that help to get nothing done, to filibuster change.

Bono was clearly talking about leadership and working together.

WORKING TOGETHER.
that means everyone. that means me. that means them, that means you.

it was awesome.

Zoomerang96 said:

BONO SAID WHAT?

and you don't think GW is an idiot? -- you are a classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom