Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2Fan101 said:

Hahaha. I know. I was sitting with this dumb look on my face. I said, "boy...I guess I'm not as die hard of a fan if I can't figure out this one". I thought maybe they premiered a song or something, and then, like you, 10 minutes later I figured it out. Haha.

Well in all fairness it's kinda pointless...the idea of an acronym is to be shorter than the song title, but "Pride" < "PITNOL" by letter-count...

Or maybe I'm just complaining because I needed 10 minutes to get it too :)

cleazer said:
What the..? I just noticed it say The Fly next to my name too.

Too bad, I kind of liked being Babyface.

why does that change?

LemonMelon said:
We that are going to be going to Philadelphia II might be in for a great set. :wink:
All depends on your definition of "great set". For your sake, I hope you still get Electric Co.

I hope it will be a great set. If nothing else, we should get Bad, since it wasn't played tonight. That's enough to make me happy.

dazzledbylight said:

they have different names for when you reach a certaIN AMONT OF POSTS...
as you get higher the amount of posts you need to get to the next level is a greater amount

Ok, this really is a cool site with all that goes on....so...I just decided to become a payed subscriber...really, $12. is worth it! I have a blast here and get my info way before any other site.

Well just got back after 3 hours at the hospital. My friend had started vomiting blood apparently so she went in and this was going on every 7 minutes or so for an hour and a half. Let's just say we used up quite a few bowls, towels and other things waiting in the ER. :yuck: More information that you all probably wanted to know. Anyway, they admitted her but she made me go home so I guess I'm back now.

Sad to have missed the setlist party! I have a lot of catching up to do.

And neutral, if you read this, of course you can e-mail me! Go right ahead :)

Hmm ... U2Tours.com is reporting New Year's Day WAS played.

So ... what's the truth?

I had halfway considered grabbing some tix and a "last minute" plane fare and heading up to Philly for this show but kind of glad i didn't now.

Kind of funny b/c THIS was the Philly show that everyone has poured out hundreds and hundreds of dollars for tickets and its like the most standard setlist. Great for some i'm sure.

Axver said:
Hmm ... U2Tours.com is reporting New Year's Day WAS played.

So ... what's the truth?

guess we have to wait to hear from someone who got back from the show......I'm surprised no one has came yet they usually check in on the party threads when they get home!

FlyYourKite said:
Well just got back after 3 hours at the hospital. My friend had started vomiting blood apparently so she went in and this was going on every 7 minutes or so for an hour and a half. Let's just say we used up quite a few bowls, towels and other things waiting in the ER. :yuck: More information that you all probably wanted to know. Anyway, they admitted her but she made me go home so I guess I'm back now.

Sad to have missed the setlist party! I have a lot of catching up to do.

And neutral, if you read this, of course you can e-mail me! Go right ahead :)

Hope your friend is okay :hug:

hope your friend is ok!

i just got back from the show, and it was freaking amazing. so good. so much passion. i have never seen them play like this before. it was as if someone told them they had to convince everyone in the crowd that each song was the most important song ever.

so good.

I have to say - this concert was a good as the first time I saw them - so much energy - great music. It really shows that they love to play live. <cannot wait till next Sunday>.:drool: :drool:

Glad to hear it was a good show!

If someone who went wouldn't mind checking, could you please tell me if the setlist posted on http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/ is accurate, or if you have any more snippets to add? Thanks!

MrBrau1 said:
Right back to the "standard routine set" :lmao:

Funny, just got back from Springsteen in DC tonight. 9 changes from the show I saw just two weeks ago. In those two shows I've seen as many different songs as the whole Vertigo tour has so far.

I had the feeling after the rearranging of Chicago4 they'd be back to the model A list tonight. Glad to read so many of you enjoyed it tonight.

I'm not mentioning it to say one way is better than the other, just wondering... if only U2 felt like digging that deep into the archives. Wouldn't that be nice?

Last edited:
Chizip said:
how was his voice tonight?

His voice was great. I was really scared - since Philly was late on the 1st leg. He hit all the notes perfectly. He has so much energy. The Edge was on fire tonight.

Axver - setlist is correct.

bbison said:

Funny, just got back from Springsteen in DC tonight. 9 changes from the show I saw just two weeks ago. In those two shows I've seen as many different songs as the whole Vertigo tour has so far.

I had feeling after the rearranging of Chicago4 they'd be back to the model A list tonight. Glad to read so many of you enjoyed it tonight.

I'm not mentioning it to say one way is better than the other, just wondering... if only U2 felt like digging that deep into the archives. Wouldn't that be nice?

3-4 songs. Thats all it would take to make this set good. 3-4 songs. Surely U2 can rehearse 3-4 more songs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom