Philadelphia I Friendly, Kind Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTU2fan said:

Hi Lila, got your discs yesterday...will burn & mail tomorrow. Do you have any of the Brooklyn Bridge dvd's?

I do have a Brooklyn Bridge 11/22/04. Haven't watched it yet. Is there more than one? I just saw the Irving Plaza 12/5/00 show last night. :drool:

(Oh, and thanks! :wink:)

Lila64 said:

I do have a Brooklyn Bridge 11/22/04. Haven't watched it yet. Is there more than one? I just saw the Irving Plaza 12/5/00 show last night. :drool:

(Oh, and thanks! :wink:)

I was wondering, since I've got a dup copy.

Hi everybody! :wave:

My first setlist party. I'm interested to see tonight's setlist since I'm going to Philly next weekend.

VintagePunk said:
Trish...did you hear that our crazy, enviable friend is now making plans to go to the East Rutherford shows? :lol: Oh, to be her....

Yes....she is clearly insane, and dammit I wish I was her. :madspit:

I told her I'm surprised she doesn't have MSG tix yet. :wink:

this was someone's comments from the 5/12 show at u2tours.com:

Review by: Paul

The funniest quote of the night that nobody heard (had to read Bono's lips) was from Bono, toward the end of "40" (in the extended version of Bad), he walked back to Larry, with Edge and Adam closing in from both sides, Bono said "I don't know how to end it".

(there's 4 pics there too, in case you want to see: http://www.u2tours.com/displayfan.src?ID=20050512&XID=5614&Return=)

Axver said:
And now for Axver's more detailed rundown of the weekend's Super 12 action, in case timothius or GibsonGirl show up!

It was the last week of the regular round. Wellington went down to Christchurch to play Canterbury, rested multiple players for the semis, and after a very close first half, the score blew out to a 40-20 win to Canterbury in the second half. Here's hoping the concussion Conrad Smith received in the first half isn't severe and he'll be cleared to play in the semi. We need him.

Canterbury were then able to take the top spot when a depleted Auckland team managed to put up a fight against NSW, allowing the Sydneysiders to win by only 25-20. Wellington at this point were third and I started to get slightly hopeful that we'd beat NSW in the semi. Of course, overnight, the Bulls had to crash the party. The Highlanders rolled over and died against the Chiefs so it was pretty much an open road to the semis for the Bulls, and they absolutely took the Stormers apart. 75-15! And that made their points differential look really good, BUMPING WELLINGTON DOWN TO FOURTH.

And in the third draw of the season, the Cats and Sharks tied 20-20 in a totally insignificant bottom-of-the-table clash. The top four are:

1. Canterbury
2. New South Wales
3. Bulls
4. Wellington

The semis:

20 May, while I'm flying to the US: Canterbury versus Wellington in Christchurch
21 May: NSW versus Bulls in Sydney

Even if Wellington have their full squad, I can't see us overcoming Canterbury. And NSW will overcome the Bulls. The final will be Canterbury versus NSW in Christchurch and Canterbury will win again.

:sigh:

But maybe the 'Canes will pull off a miracle and we'll make our first final ever ... maybe ...

Must be an Aussie thing. Football aka soccer? I saw a squirrel and bird fight in my backyard today. That was quite exciting too. ;)

Lila64 said:
CTU2Fan - perhaps trish can use it?

Any word if the show has begun? Sources?

Good idea, I think we are doing another b&p anyway...

trish0860 said:

Yes....she is clearly insane, and dammit I wish I was her. :madspit:

I told her I'm surprised she doesn't have MSG tix yet. :wink:

I'm trying to figure out a way to get her to Toronto...she'll be back at work then and keeps saying she can't make it....I have a feeling though that her addiction may play into my favour. *rubbing hands together evilly*

Lila64 said:
this was someone's comments from the 5/12 show at u2tours.com:

Review by: Paul

The funniest quote of the night that nobody heard (had to read Bono's lips) was from Bono, toward the end of "40" (in the extended version of Bad), he walked back to Larry, with Edge and Adam closing in from both sides, Bono said "I don't know how to end it".

(there's 4 pics there too, in case you want to see: http://www.u2tours.com/displayfan.src?ID=20050512&XID=5614&Return=)

I heard that just now. :lmao:

Also, when the crowd was singing "how long to sing this song?" Bono says "Until Elvis comes back...that's how long" :lol:

there was someone dressed as Elvis in the crowd in the seats behind the stage, I think. (THought I read that somewhere)

VintagePunk said:

I'm trying to figure out a way to get her to Toronto...she'll be back at work then and keeps saying she can't make it....I have a feeling though that her addiction may play into my favour. *rubbing hands together evilly*

trust me....she'll be there. :yes:

I'm hoping I can get a ga ticket for Vegas so I can finally meet her!

sociopathetic said:
Must be an Aussie thing.
I can't help with Super 12, but can anyone tell me what is up with Brian Lara and the rest of the Windies?

sociopathetic said:

Must be an Aussie thing. Football aka soccer? I saw a squirrel and bird fight in my backyard today. That was quite exciting too. ;)

Football as in RUGBY UNION!

Only the best sport ever to grace this planet.

Rugby ... :drool:

(And we're mainly talking New Zealand too! Damn Aussie teams in the Super 12, why did we even let them in? :mad: :wink: )

Lila64 said:
there was someone dressed as Elvis in the crowd in the seats behind the stage, I think. (THought I read that somewhere)

I wonder if he was the same guy from Vegas last tour. He had a Cher impersonator with him (or some lady in a Bob Mackie dress)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom