Philadelphia 5/22 Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drea said:

:laugh: But wouldn't the warning make people do that anyway? ;)

"Now we're going to play a song we've never played before, a song people have been requesting for years.. A song called... ACROBAT!" *hundreds of people in audience fall over from shock, and there is a collective "WHAT?!? OMG!!! *THUD*" across the internet as word spreads...*
I think they played Acrobat at one of the Hershey PA rehersals.

Drea said:

"Now we're going to play a song we've never played before, a song people have been requesting for years.. A song called... ACROBAT!" *hundreds of people in audience fall over from shock, and there is a collective "WHAT?!? OMG!!! *THUD*" across the internet as word spreads...*

:lmao: some would be asking is this a new song?...Others would just passout..and miss the song...:lmao:

Setlist:

*City of Blinding Lights
*Vertigo //All Because of You// Stories for Boys
*Elevation
*Gloria
*The Ocean
*Beautiful Day// Blackbird
*Miracle Drug
*Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
*Love and Peace (or Else)
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Running to Stand Still // Hallelujah --Shall I take it out then?
*Pride
*Where the Streets Have No Name
*One

Drea said:

aaaaaaaaaa! :laugh:I'd be one

Either we're in for a surprise or this will be the shortest set ever...

Is it me or is the setlist getting boring? 'Bad' here, 'Party Girl' there...I mean, come on. They need to mix it up. And I'm not talking about a couple of songs in the encore.

I love them, but jeeze...the shows are sold out. They can play whatever the want. They don't need to worry about pleasing anyone.

Epiphany: Maybe that is what they're doing now.

angel_28 said:

Oh i think we are in for a surprise :)

Intuition, or did I miss a spoiler? And what is all this Acrobat/Ultraviolet talk?

U2DMfan said:
late to the party was is the deal with ABOY and VErtigo?

is it just a snip?

Axver thinks the zootopia people are talking out their behinds tonight and that they didn't play it but they have it listed... :shrug:

nurse chrissi said:

exactly - the crowd would be going for a beer run during acrobat - for the love of God people if you want to consume a 6 pack in the course of 2 hours just stay home and stop ruining my u2 goodness (sorry rant over)

Oh don't worry about ranting. I had a bunch of drunk idiots behind me on 5/12. One woman was yelling at the girl next to me saying "Bono looked at you and you almost got on stage" And then people were stoned also. I don't get it. :shrug:

IF they play Acrobat again, I Just Hope that Bono won't REVISITED The Lyrics like he did with Zoo Station.

Acrobat might sound like this in 2005:

To take a bowl
To fill it Full
To drink a Beer
I can't let you go
I must be an acrobat
To Walk this Way
And act like Me
And you can dream
So dream about me
And don't let The Enemy grind you down (Dedicated to the Us Navy)

U2dork said:

Axver thinks the zootopia people are talking out their behinds tonight and that they didn't play it but they have it listed... :shrug:

Oh that would NEVER happen...Wire? No, never mind, it's With or Without You...

fredstab said:
IF they play Acrobat again, I Just Hope that Bono won't REVISITED The Lyrics like he did with Zoo Station.

Acrobat might sound like this in 2005:

To take a bowl
To fill it Full
To drink a Beer
I can't let you go
I must be an acrobat
To Walk this Way
And act like Me
And you can dream
So dream about me
And don't let The Enemy grind you down (Dedicated to the Us Navy)

:lol:

Setlist:

*City of Blinding Lights
*Vertigo //All Because of You// Stories for Boys
*Elevation
*Gloria
*The Ocean
*Beautiful Day// Blackbird
*Miracle Drug
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Running to Stand Still
*Pride
*One
~Break~

and yeah, I forgot about some of the other zootopia mistakes that were kinda major...:huh:

RademR, Lucky you !!!!

Boston 3 will be the best (I Hope), you're going?

I missed the Ny show...I so liked the MSG! (Next Us Leg!!!)

The point of going to a concert to have a great time, it may be listening to the music and watching every move the band makes for some and it may be partying and drinking beer for others. I have been to many U2 shows, 4 on this tour including both shows in San Diego, Philly 1, and NJ2. I have to say, I enjoy drinking beer with many of my friends and my wife and we are die hard fans as well. I never get sloppy drunk or stir any problems, we took a Taxi home after the San Diego shows and hired a driver for the other 2 shows. We are allowed to drink beer during the concert, it is not a private U2 show in your backyard. There are many people that attend concerts and have a bunch of drinks and have a great time and are respectful at the same time. Please don;t act that if you get up for a beer many different times throughout the concert your are a drunk idiot and don;t care about the band. It is all part of going to a concert anywhere in the world. I am sorry to vent, but the band allows beer stands and probably respects the die hard who parties in the parking lot with their friends and enjoys the show more than the sober person who stalks their hotel room, linclon town car, and every other move they make as they enter and leave each city. I understand the frustartion with the a**hole drunk who ruins a concert experience for anyone, but don't be upset with fans who get up to enjoy a few drinks. They may be a bigger fan than you and how would you ever know it?? Just remember respect everyone if they are jamming to the music and spent a day in line or if they are drinking a Bud and enjoying the show.

Setlist:

*City of Blinding Lights
*Vertigo // All Because of You // Stories for Boys
*Elevation
*Gloria
*The Ocean
*Beautiful Day // Blackbird
*Miracle Drug
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Running to Stand Still
*Pride
*One
~Break~
Encore
*Zoo Station

fredstab said:
RademR, Lucky you !!!!

I'm thinking about it, not sure yet. The 4 shows I've been to have been great, but the selist has been the same basically for most of them. It would be cool to see the last night in Boston, probably get to hear UTEOTW or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom