Philadelphia 5/22 Setlist Watch and Thread Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kakvox said:
---On a side note, I just purchased The Best of Propaganda book today. I can't wait to delve into it!!

Great party, see you guys Tuesday. :wave:
a great read - I want to get the u2 and I book but I'd have to put a downpayment on it:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

a great read - I want to get the u2 and I book but I'd have to put a downpayment on it:wink:

Yeah, I flipped through it at Borders, but was quite expensive, so I opted for Best of Prop instead. I will eventually get U2 & i, though. The pictures are beautiful. :drool:

I'm Michelle by the way if I haven't introduced myself to some of you :wink: I tend to forget the introductions.

Chrissi, where do you nurse? I just finished my first year of nursing school! :hyper:

FlyYourKite said:
I'm Michelle by the way if I haven't introduced myself to some of you :wink: I tend to forget the introductions.

Chrissi, where do you nurse? I just finished my first year of nursing school! :hyper:
good for you!
I'm critical care - ICU that is a mix of surgical/medical/trauma
I really really love what I do

nurse chrissi said:

good for you!
I'm critical care - ICU that is a mix of surgical/medical/trauma
I really really love what I do

Wow that sounds great! It's nice to have a mix of things. :)

My rotations this past year were in long-term care :yuck: and thoracic surgery. The surgical one was awesome!

*Shuts up now and gets back on topic :wink:*

FlyYourKite said:

Wow that sounds great! It's nice to have a mix of things. :)

My rotations this past year were in long-term care :yuck: and thoracic surgery. The surgical one was awesome!

*Shuts up now and gets back on topic :wink:*

is everyone here in healthcare? i'm a medical student. :)

just spoke to a friend who was at the philly show- she said it was really fantastic! the energy was apparently phenomenal.

she saw the setlist, and apparently 'bad' was on it- but the band played '40' instead. that kinda sucks... oh well.

can't wait to see pics and hear audio of this show!

oh, one more thing: the girl brought up for 'mysterious ways' stayed onstage during 'WOWY'... apparently she looked to be about 15 years old- which is really young! but my friend said that bono was not being 'sexual', but instead was acting sweet and protective. lucky girl!!! :up:

*Ally* said:
oh, one more thing: the girl brought up for 'mysterious ways' stayed onstage during 'WOWY'... apparently she looked to be about 15 years old- which is really young! but my friend said that bono was not being 'sexual', but instead was acting sweet and protective. lucky girl!!! :up:

I'm 17, so this bodes well for me! :D

U2dork said:
Uh, I guess the show's over without the exciting finish. Oh well, I'd still love to see this show. Here's the final setlist for the night (according to the zootopia people). I can not attest to it's accuracy.

Setlist:

*City of Blinding Lights
*Vertigo // All Because of You // Stories for Boys
*Elevation
*Gloria
*The Ocean
*Beautiful Day // Blackbird
*Miracle Drug
*Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
*Love and Peace (or Else)
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*Bullet the Blue Sky
*Running to Stand Still
*Pride
*Where the Streets Have No Name
*One
~Encore 1~
*Zoo Station
*The Fly
*Mysterious Ways
*With or Without You
~Encore 2~
*All Because of You
*Yahweh

It's been fun! I guess I'll see you guys for the next show, probably with yet another avatar:wink:
'Nite all :wave:
Not sure if this counts as a snippet but I was at the show tonight in Philly and Bono slipped in "baby, baby, baby, light my way" a time or two after a song finished up with the stage bathed in purple "ultraviolet" light. Can't remember which song it was due to the entire show being an orgasmic blur, but it was probably at the end of Miracle Drug or Beautiful Day.

Just got home and caught up. But the party's over. Story of my life. Oh well. Glad to hear WOWY was back in the set tonite. Wish I had that or Bad at my shows, but I ain't complaining.

And will Bono protect some of us older fans if he pulls us up onstage? We swear :angel: we will be on our best behavior :wink:

Hi all...the show was great. Dan did get pulled up and was awesome during Beautiful Day...Bono read Dan's tattoos out loud. The girl pulled up for MW didn't really want to dance, so B kept her around for WOWY, kissed her hands ( :drool: ) and slow danced with her. Very sweet--and she was in her 20's, not 15 by a long shot. The crowd was amazing. I've never heard any group sing 40 so loudly.

I have to fly home tomorrow and pack and all that tonight, so gotta run. :wave:

Good to hear from you ruffian. Hope you are feeling better. Have a safe trip home! :wave:

Who is this Tattoo Dan? I've heard the name before and thought I saw an autographed arm the other day in a photo section somewhere.... :hmm:

Lila64 said:
Good to hear from you ruffian. Hope you are feeling better. Have a safe trip home! :wave:

Who is this Tattoo Dan? I've heard the name before and thought I saw an autographed arm the other day in a photo section somewhere.... :hmm:

Hi Lila. My plague is abating--thanks :hug:
Dan is a die-hard fan who has his back tattooed with ONE, lyrics from The Fly on his arm, and autographs of 2 of the 4 band members also tattooed on him. He just got Adam's signature and photographed it so he can get it done next month. Still waiting on the elusive Larry...oh, and he as an irish flag that Bono drew on him as a tattoo.

Anyway, this was his 5th time on stage--3 times during Elevation and twice during this tour.

Last edited:
I blame this webboard for pressuring the band into dumping New Year's Day, while keeping The Ocean, which is hands down the worst live U2 song I've ever had the displeasure of hearing.

U2dork said:
It's in the same place as always... General Section in the Subscribers area...

OOOOH, that's where those setlists come from, thought it was on U2.com, not the message board. I read and post in the band members, and individual band members section mostly. I tend to avoid "general discussion" on any message boards, but there's enough U2 topics to keep my interest. Don't see why some people gotta bash that board or it's members. I post at 4 different U2 boards, U2.com is one of them.

knox: I blame this webboard for pressuring the band into dumping New Year's Day, while keeping The Ocean, which is hands down the worst live U2 song I've ever had the displeasure of hearing

However, if people are going to be that way towards Zootopia. "New Year's Day" not being in the recent set list, I made a post about it on there a few days ago, only a few people responded, but all the posts agreed that this song's gotta come back.

Last edited:
Holy craparoni, what a good show last night. i got to see all the lights and the fanfare this time.

the fly makes my brain hurt and i love it.

TRUE!

ruffian said:
The girl pulled up for MW didn't really want to dance, so B kept her around for WOWY, kissed her hands ( :drool: ) and slow danced with her. Very sweet--and she was in her 20's, not 15 by a long shot. The crowd was amazing. I've never heard any group sing 40 so loudly.

I was told by someone who waited in line with her that girl was 16, and got the tickets to the show for her birthday. She didn't look 16, so I don't know.

The crowd was awesome most of the time. The floor got lost during The Ocean (and a little during Gloria).

oh true, i don't know if anyone posted it but they snipped Ultraviolet at the end of Beautiful day.

Bad was definitely on the setlist tonite. Even came up on the teleprompter. At the last minute, you could see Bono mouthing '40' to the other band members. Pretty dissapointing.

yes BAD was suppose toe nd the show and ALL BECAUSE OF YOU wasnt on it....and Yahweh was suppose to be at the tip of the bomb shelter......Dallas gave me the setlist!!!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom