Petition To Release Croke Park ASAP...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Croke Park June 25th Must Be Released On DVD, on 3 Conditions.

1- There are no songs cut
2- They also dont film the 27th and cut it in
3- Only Appies if, Hamish Hamilton directed? :wink:

bono_man2002 said:
Croke Park June 25th Must Be Released On DVD, on 3 Conditions.

1- There are no songs cut
3- Only Appies if, Hamish Hamilton directed? :wink:

Only if 27th IS filmed...

Well some of the Slane DVD is a mix from both shows...you can see this thrice.

1 - Until The End of The World, Light then dark
2 - Sunday Bloody sunday - see above
3 - Streets - Bonos magic abilty to be infront of the microphone stand, then a split second later, behind it!

Prehaps if they are going to add in fotage it will be from U2's normal camera's that they film with.

bono_man2002 said:

Also do not cut in the following shows:

12-19-1982 Oslo
10-03-1989 Brisbane
or
03-21-1998 Johannesburg.

Why would these be included? I have no idea.

Why would you intentionally cut together video's from one obviously dark night and one obviously light night? I don't know.

Keep this thread alive, dont mix with 27th just give us one concert without any taking away any of the songs and the extras can be a few shows from u2 night on rte. So here it is:

Duane Doogan
JimJam

Or they give the 25th show with a bonus disk of all the songs performend on the 27th that wern't at the 25th. And also copies of every vertigo from this tour

actually that could be another dvd
VERTIGO - the dvd

:laugh: Willie already said what they shot at Croke was for archival purposes only. Its not getting released, they didnt have full production there for an official release.

Have I missed something here?
I went to the 24th and 25th in Dublin and although the set list was better for the 25th, the first show was the much better night. The crowd were the best I've ever seen and for once more than half knew the words to Electric Co.
Aren't they also more likely to release a show where the setlist more closely resembled that of the rest of the tour?

tarquinsuperb said:
Aren't they also more likely to release a show where the setlist more closely resembled that of the rest of the tour?

Yeah, which is going to be the Chicago show(s) that they filmed.

they are also planning a video shoot for a European show

Croke Park will never be released to the public

Don't you guys think you should wait until the tour is over and U2 actually decides what to put out??

U2Man said:
Don't you guys think you should wait until the tour is over and U2 actually decides what to put out??

Its already pre determined by where they decide to bring the full production in and film. That has only happened at the Vancouver shows (which was for a video shoot and practice for Chicago) and the two Chicago shows. Appears from what Willie is saying in his diary they are going to have full production for a Euro show coming up.

So that means at this stage its going to be Chicago and/or an upcoming Euro show that is released. Croke Park was not filmed properly for full commercial release. So it isnt happening.

Last edited:
Miricale_Drug said:
Or they give the 25th show with a bonus disk of all the songs performend on the 27th that wern't at the 25th. And also copies of every vertigo from this tour

actually that could be another dvd
VERTIGO - the dvd

Best deal ever. :laugh:

What!! Croke Park would have been the ultimate video release... certainly better than any other European date.

The only reason I can think of for them not releasing it is because they released Slane and they probably don't want more than one DVD from the same location. Damn shame though :(

Slane is in Meath, Croke Park is in Dublin. Both different places. I see the title of thi thread is being misread, all you have to do is say your name and if you want a comment. U2 filmed croke park with 9 cameras that is enough to create a DVD with, I hear already that RTE are planning to broadcast either some of the footage or all of it, that bit was unclear. If they can get enough footage to broadcast it then there surly can be a DVD. However, Willie already hinted at doing another video shoot for the Euro leg, I say that if they do film a concert then Croke Park can get lost in the archives and never looked at again, but if they do not get around to filming another concert well then they can release the concert and nobody will complain.

jimjam said:
Slane is in Meath, Croke Park is in Dublin. Both different places. I see the title of thi thread is being misread, all you have to do is say your name and if you want a comment. U2 filmed croke park with 9 cameras that is enough to create a DVD with, I hear already that RTE are planning to broadcast either some of the footage or all of it, that bit was unclear. If they can get enough footage to broadcast it then there surly can be a DVD. However, Willie already hinted at doing another video shoot for the Euro leg, I say that if they do film a concert then Croke Park can get lost in the archives and never looked at again, but if they do not get around to filming another concert well then they can release the concert and nobody will complain.

You seem to be the fountain of all knowledge on this subject so can I ask did they do a 9 camera shoot for all three nights or was it just the 25th?

jimjam said:

Alright, and where did you hear RTE is possibly going to air this footage? Since that seems to be the crux of your argument, spill the beans!? Maybe some clips or a couple songs, otherwise I HIGHLY doubt it. No, 9 cameras are not enough for an official FULL production DVD that U2 does typically. There were no steadicams on stage and no boom cameras. U2 always uses those type of cameras when they are shooting for release, they even used them for the video shoot in Vancouver. You guys can continue to argue about it, but its just not happening, sorry.

Something is definately in the works. In Willie's latest diary entry he says:

"After the past couple of shows it felt like a great luxury to be at the gig so early. I went in for lunch and spent the afternoon working on the forthcoming video shoot. "

I hope Willie spills the beans soon.:wink:

if they DO release a croke park dvd.. they should cut in different performances of DIFFERENT songs from the 27th... ie not half of the same song from one performance and then half from another, but put in all of the songs performed on the 27th which werent performed on the 25th

I heard that RTE were broadcasting it on a radio program, they were dicussing the concerts and the presenter said that it would be broadcast, he didnt name a date or how much would be broadcast, he used the words: 'at some stage"

Anyway, I dint read Willie's diary so this thread should now be ignored. The title is "Petition to release Croke Park ASAP", theere is no point in even trying to start a petition if they film another concert.

Last edited:
jimjam said:
I heard that RTE were broadcasting it on a radio program, they were dicussing the concerts and the presenter said that it would be broadcast, he didnt name a date or how much would be broadcast, he used the words: 'at some stage"

Anyway, I dint read Willie's diary so this thread should now be ignored. The title is "Petition to release Croke Park ASAP", theere is no point in even trying to start a petition if they film another concert.

Ah, well a radio broadcast is obviously not the same thing as a potential DVD or video footage. An audio broadcast of one of the Croke shows would be feasible. U2 audio tapes all their shows the same way. So they could have someone mix it for broadcast pretty easily. Still, I will believe that one as well when there is an official announcement of an air date.

So they could have someone mix it for broadcast pretty easily. Still, I will believe that one as well when there is an official announcement of an air date.

Here Here

Back
Top Bottom