People at U2 concerts are the nicest people!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I struck up so many conversations with people at the show in Minneapolis, and no one was selfish in standing up to go to the bathroom and what not.

BONUS STORY: It was soo kick ass to see people dancing around at the show in Minneapolis!! I wish I could have gotten into the isles and danced! :wink:

The Canadian guy with the curly hair (and the charmingly out of tune singing voice) was the biggest sweetheart at the first Seattle show ... he let me stand in front of him during the encore, and the person between me and the rail was a very, very tiny woman. So huzzah to him!

After waiting in line 14 in Boston 5-28 to get tickets, I only had money for GA. The last GA tickets went out right in front of me and my friend. These two nice ladies gave us 40 dollars and another guy gave us 20 bucks, and those ladies paid our parking garage thing. We had all been in line all day. We ended up getting really nice seats in section 317. Awesome show too. U2 fans rock!

SMB

Make note: Stay away from chizip, although he probably won't be at my L.A. shows. Whew! :wink:

I've never gone and waited in GA line all day. Kinda worried about it but kinda looking forward to it as well...

:dance:

I was just saying the other day that one of the things I miss most once a U2 show is over is talking to other fans. For the most part, everyone is very friendly, interested in sharing U2 stories, and will help make sure others have a good time (I had a few people offer to take me into the ellipse if they got in and I didn't). It's also really cool to talk to people that haven't seen U2 before, and watch their reactions during the show.

The St. Louis show can't come fast enough for me :)

I get sad when I hear the boys launch into 40 cuz I know it's almost over and soon everyone will be shuffling out and going home and back to their respective lives. :sad:

Lila64 said:
Make note: Stay away from chizip, although he probably won't be at my L.A. shows. Whew! :wink:

I've never gone and waited in GA line all day. Kinda worried about it but kinda looking forward to it as well...

:dance:

Ooooohhhhh Lila you will have to let us know what it's like cuz I have my first GA experience tight after you in Vegas 11/4! I can't wait! :drool:

Hey Chizip why do you consider yourself one of the jackasses?

Carek1230 said:
I get sad when I hear the boys launch into 40 cuz I know it's almost over and soon everyone will be shuffling out and going home and back to their respective lives. :sad:

Me too.. At LA II earlier this year...I had the best day of my life.
Got Edge's autograph, and had the shittest seats possilble for my last U2 concert.
Then knowing after it had finished, in 2 days..I'd be back on a plane to Australia.

There was this real jerk at the first show I went to who just barged me out of the way to stand in front of me - he was over 6ft tall, and i'm only 5' 6. Luckily, there was a really nice guy standing next to me who barged him out of the way again so that I could see.

In general, people were absolutely great and very generous in the queue - sharing suntan lotion, paracetamol, food, magazines etc.
I really appreciated the fact that everyone around me seemed to be as excited as I was. I think the post concert blues I had afterwards were more to do with the fact that I was returning to a world where not everyone wanted to share their love for U2 than anything else.

Miringeltje said:
Does this mean you found tickets, Lila64?

I've had 1 GA for 11/2 show for a while now (thanks, ebay).

Still looking for 2 for 11/1. Can't decide if I should take Maddy to GA or get seats. Any previous concert GA line waiters have any comments on kids queueing (sp?) all day? Did they have better chances of getting into the ellipse (for safety purposes)

:eyebrow:

Last edited:
The people I met in the GA line at the Minneapolis show treated me like we had been hanging out together for years. It was so strange and wonderful to chat with total strangers and feel like you had known each other forever!

At every U2 show I've been to, the people in the crowd have been friendly and chilled out.

I am seriously looking forward to waiting in the GA line in December all day just for the experience of meeting other U2 fans.

Bono's shades said:
The people I met in the GA line at the Minneapolis show treated me like we had been hanging out together for years. It was so strange and wonderful to chat with total strangers and feel like you had known each other forever!

We were about 10 rows back of the ellipse, and unfortunatley, there were three 18 year old girls, about half in the bag, doing everything they possibly could to get closer to the rail. Two different boyfriend - girlfriend couples had to put the stop to them, repeatedly having to ask them what part of "no" they did not understand; and we almost witnessed a good old fashion chick fight.

Blondie, leader of the three, kept telling everyone she was Irish - Catholic and Bono wanted her close to the stage. Wait, it gets better. Bono, being Bono talking up some world issues prior to Miss Sarajevo drew Blondie's most telling responses -- she'd give the most half assed "yeah" and "right on" as if she knew macro-economic theory and the solutions to world peace.

I'm sorry if this sounds judgemental, but all I could think of was that this girl could not spelll Sarajevo if you spotted her everything but the "o".

In sum, 99.99% of U2 fans are awesome, while Blondie and her friends put a temporary damper on the night for a handful of us.

Lila64 said:
^were any of them kids?

Well, since I'm 38 years old and some of the people I talked to were high school and college students, you might say they were, comparably speaking! :wink:

I did see a few children there with their parents.

BWU2Buffs said:

We were about 10 rows back of the ellipse, and unfortunatley, there were three 18 year old girls, about half in the bag, doing everything they possibly could to get closer to the rail. Two different boyfriend - girlfriend couples had to put the stop to them, repeatedly having to ask them what part of "no" they did not understand; and we almost witnessed a good old fashion chick fight.

Blondie, leader of the three, kept telling everyone she was Irish - Catholic and Bono wanted her close to the stage. Wait, it gets better. Bono, being Bono talking up some world issues prior to Miss Sarajevo drew Blondie's most telling responses -- she'd give the most half assed "yeah" and "right on" as if she knew macro-economic theory and the solutions to world peace.

I'm sorry if this sounds judgemental, but all I could think of was that this girl could not spelll Sarajevo if you spotted her everything but the "o".

In sum, 99.99% of U2 fans are awesome, while Blondie and her friends put a temporary damper on the night for a handful of us.

That is unfortunate and I am sorry to hear you had to endure that, I hope it doesn't happen at my first GA experience! Honestly this kind of story and the tall people, ones who push to get to the front with lame as excuses and drunks are the only negative comments I've heard about fellow fans at U2 shows. Honestly I don't believe any of those descriptions above are *TRUE* U2 fans. I feel U2 fans, REAL fans respect one another, one another's space and shared enjoyment of the U2 concert experience.

Back
Top Bottom