Pearl Jam and Kings of Leon opening in Hawaii?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
XBL_AchtungBaby said:
I actually liked KOL better after I got their two albums. There 2nd album is actually pretty good. I wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Totally agree. Saw them play the Fillmore in SF last year and they rocked! Both of their albums are good and I think they have a new one coming out shortly.

Saw PJ open for the Stones and they were so good. Will be seeing them later this month but certainly wouldn't mind seeing them again in Dec!

I must admit I'm surprised this rumour actually came true. Well, lucky Hawaiians, this is the best opener of the entire tour.

Miringeltje said:

Rocko & the Devils --> Pearl Jam --> u2

No info given about who'll be opening for u2 in Japan.

What are Pearl Jam doing between Nov. 25 and Dec 9th?

They don't otherwise have any asian dates booked, when they have played there several times in the past.

Keep in mind that as many as 20-40,000 additional tickets are made available in Japan.

u2fp

U2Man said:
I wasn't aware that Pearl Jam was tiny enough to be an opening act.

Judging by Toronto Sept 2005 and Seattle 4/25/05 - the fans will be the winners.

Also PJ will help U2 sell about 20,000 more tickets for the rumoured 2nd show.

My only worry is if Vedder tries to teach Bono how to surf.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

What are Pearl Jam doing between Nov. 25 and Dec 9th?

They don't otherwise have any asian dates booked, when they have played there several times in the past.

Keep in mind that as many as 20-40,000 additional tickets are made available in Japan.

u2fp

So it could be possible Pearl Jam is also opening for u2 in Japan.

I'm more thinking in the direction of a local Japanese band or artist though.

I'll bet anyone that Eddie Vedder will f@$k up the first song by forgetting the lyrics in Hawaii like he did on Sunday.

Well, I have to say it sucks for Pearl Jam fans hoping for two full shows in Hawaii and now looking at their band just opening shows.

jessebean1 said:
Well, I have to say it sucks for Pearl Jam fans hoping for two full shows in Hawaii and now looking at their band just opening shows.

Unlike U2, PJ may likely play entirely different songs on each night.

:lmao: ^^

I WANT TO BE THERE... and if there's a 2nd show, I'm THERE... (the 2nd should be the last, right?)

I just need to win the lottery :reject:

I haven't heard anything official about KOL and I personally hope they don't play. I have only officially heard about special guests Pearl Jam and Rocko and the Devils who I REALLY want to see.

I doubt a 2nd show will be booked in Hawaii.

There were still tickets available for the first show when the postponement announcement came + someone has called the Aloha Stadium and asked them which configuration (baseball or football) the stadium would be in. And they were told: football (the biggest of the two). So most likely more tickets will be made available.

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:
There were still tickets available for the first show when the postponement announcement came + someone has called the Aloha Stadium and asked them which configuration (baseball or football) the stadium would be in. And they were told: football (the biggest of the two). So most likely more tickets will be made available.

Ahhh yes, but no more GA! :shh:

Miringeltje said:

Phone the radio station and ask about the configuration. I would think it would get very confusing with seat re-alignment/ticket prices.

They said there would likely be a second show. There should be more tourists on the island in the second week of December than April. Also, fans have more time to plan ahead, and also have replenished bank accounts.

u2fp

Would :heart: it if a second show became reality.
Don't get me wrong.
I'm just not gonna get my hopes up.
If it happens, great.
If not, no biggie!

Back
Top Bottom