Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the Eurigo show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
U2log.com says:

Talking about extensions… and no, we’re so not going there, we’ve been told Paul McGuinness announced on RTE’s news bulletin that the band are considering taking this outdoor show to the States next year.

so hang on... the U.S. could be getting 3 legs? not very fair is it when the UK only had one, and only 5 shows at that

claytons edge said:
Surely 5 shows was enough to meet demand in the uk anyhow
thats not the point, if they are taking the stadium show to the U.S. then why not bring the arena show to the U.K.? visit places like birmingham then?

and i was meant to say the whole of europe is only getting 1 leg, while the U.S. could get 3?

If they indeed do stadium show's in the us it seem's that their worried how the album is doing there at moment and stadium show's next year will keep it relevant and sell a shedload more albums

I'm a U.S. fan near Boston who will have seen U2 four times this year. While it would be nice to see U2 again in 2006 at Gillette Stadium, the better side of me feels for people in other continents of the world (Australia, to name just one) who might ordinarily see the band play there.

In this case, the good side of me is going to win-out over the selfish side of me.

Chris in NH

We were speculating on this yesterday in the setlist 'par-tay' thread. It seems like the most reasonable thing is they would do stadiums in only a few cities like NY, Chicago and Boston, and they'd probably do it in the spring after they go to Austrailia and Asia in the early part of the year (at least that's what u2tours is guessing).

Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the Eurigo show

U2girl said:
U2log.com says:

Talking about extensions… and no, we’re so not going there, we’ve been told Paul McGuinness announced on RTE’s news bulletin that the band are considering taking this outdoor show to the States next year.

put this in with the Ali is pregnant again thread, they are both highly unlikely

Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the Eurigo show

U2girl said:
U2log.com says:

Oh god, no. I hope Bono learns some new lines and stories next year. Talk about beating a dead horse. I guess 20 million for each band member isn't enough. And how are they going to compete with Floyd and Radiohead next year? They should take a break.

Re: Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the Eurigo show

U2 Blinky Light said:

Oh god, no. I hope Bono learns some new lines and stories next year. Talk about beating a dead horse. I guess 20 million for each band member isn't enough. And how are they going to compete with Floyd and Radiohead next year? They should take a break.
well for one they will easily compete with floyd, and they are 100& better than radiohead, who now imo are complete rubbish

Hear, Hear! Mr. Suitcase.

Does anybody else remember the time when U2 fans were actually happy to have their band touring, no matter where it was? :huh:

Re: Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the Eurig

U2 Blinky Light said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Competing with Radiohead ? Yeah, how WOULD the New England Patriots be able to compete with my daughter's high school team ?

I need them to bring this show to Winnipeg stadium or somewhere close to me. I dont have any tickets to see them 2005, so i gotta pray they comeback.

Re: Re: Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the E

KUEFC09U2 said:
well for one they will easily compete with floyd, and they are 100& better than radiohead, who now imo are complete rubbish

you simply haven't the foggiest idea do you?

for one, pink floyd could easily do a stadium tour and sell out every venue in north america.

good luck with that u2. really.

and the radiohead remark is ridiculous, get a life.

Re: Re: Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the E

cardosino said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Competing with Radiohead ? Yeah, how WOULD the New England Patriots be able to compete with my daughter's high school team ?

i'm assuming, as would most people in the music industry, that you'd be referring to radiohead as the 'new england patriots'?

Cool!!!!!! Though I feel sorry for the South America And Australia Its been almost ten years for the those guys. I wouldn't know what I would do.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom