Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with the Eurigo show - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2005, 11:23 AM   #31
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:39 PM
scout, there's no money for u2 to make in south america and australia. they've said so as much themselves.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:32 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:39 PM
nobody reads this

Quote:
Originally posted by scout13
Cool!!!!!! Though I feel sorry for the South America And Australia Its been almost ten years for the those guys. I wouldn't know what I would do.
tell me about it...

Quote:
scout, there's no money for u2 to make in south america and australia. they've said so as much themselves.
then WHY did they came here with POP MART.. when the US turned their back to that amzing tour? They lost money IN THE US... they came here because is SURE MONEY, contrary to those infamous 1st and 3rd leg...

Old 06-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:39 PM
The break even point for U2 Popmart shows was 15-20,000 in attendance. They only went under that number in about 4 cities. That $ number really only applies to their promoters.

The South Americans shows were subsidized by the US/Europe shows and most were desgned to do slightly better than break even.

The main reason they may want to tour stadiums in the US is it may be their last chance to do so as a contemporary act - plus it's one of the few things left for them to prove to themselves.

u2fp
Old 06-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:39 PM
Well, sorry, but it looks like MY selfish side is totally winning out on this one! Haha.

U2 live at Lincoln Financial Feild!!!!
Old 06-26-2005, 12:21 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:39 PM
I don't think Radiohead can still compete with U2, BUT Floyd reuniting is akin to the Beatles reuniting.

Do you realize just how many copies have sold of Dark Side of The Moon? It's crazy....

My Dad would even go see Floyd....
Old 06-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:39 PM
I thought Floyd @ L8 was a one-off?
Old 06-26-2005, 12:39 PM   #37
War Child

Local Time: 11:39 PM
The thing with an American tour compared to a European tour is 'legal matters'.
When U2 play 40 shows in the States they have to deal with one country's law. When U2 play the same 40 shows in, let's say, 20 European countries, they have to deal with different legal matters...
I guess U2 could work more cost-effectively in the States, thus making a bigger profit....
Old 06-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #38
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by claytons edge
If they indeed do stadium show's in the us it seem's that their worried how the album is doing there at moment and stadium show's next year will keep it relevant and sell a shedload more albums
im thinking that it might not be the current album that they are trying to promote. doing another stadium leg could mean supporting not only HTDAAB but also another "zooropa". afterall, we've all heard the rumours about another album in 06 and i think this could support that rumour...
Old 06-26-2005, 12:44 PM   #39
Refugee

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Arizona [ i hope ]
hopefully the new arena in glendale will be built by then
Old 06-26-2005, 12:49 PM   #40
Refugee

A quick question... beside Live 8 has PINK FLOYD annouced any plans to tour or is this just speculation like U2 coming back to North America is.

By the way, U2 plays where the demand is. I don't know if there are more fans in the US, but there is more demand.

And the world is getting more global everyday. Just because you don't live where U2 is playing doesn't mean you can't see them.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #41
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:39 PM
Re: Re: Re: Re: Paul McGuiness says U2 might come back to the States in 2006 - with t

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96

you simply haven't the foggiest idea do you?

for one, pink floyd could easily do a stadium tour and sell out every venue in north america.

good luck with that u2. really.
Considering the sale of tickets in North America so far, U2 could easily do a stadium-only tour in America and sell every single ticket.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:38 PM   #42
The Fly

Local Time: 10:39 PM
What makes you guys think Pink Floyd will tour again?
Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:39 PM
I would love it! I believe they absolutely would sell out. No question in my mind. Don't know if I can afford any more shows though But I'll find a way
Old 06-26-2005, 01:59 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Zoomerang, I think you need to stick to your usual bizarre, inane posts in Lemonade Stand, because it is YOU that obviously has no clue. Its obvious you are Radiohead fan, great. But to even think they are anywhere NEAR the same level as U2 in N. America you are simply being delusional (which could be true wouldnt shock me).

I agree that IF (and that is a major IF) Pink Floyd reunites they would sell out stadiums for sure. But why on earth does that translate to U2 not being able to sell tickets? I dont think the fanbases are the same at all, they are not competing for the same crowd. Even IF they were competing, U2 can go head to head with The Rolling Stones and Paul McCartney and still sellout (which are HUGE draws), they can mount a stadium tour if GASP Pink Floyd is touring also.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #45
The Fly

Another thing is that new stadiums have been constructed throughout the U.S. since U2 last toured with an outdoor production. Chicago and Boston (Foxboro) have great new venues, and other cities have them as well. There are cities that U2 would be wise to avoid for an outdoor show, and the management know those cities well. I would look for a very selective outdoor swing through the U.S., stopping at these NFL locations for single or multiple shows:

NY--Giants Stadium
Boston--Gillette Stadium
Philadelphia--Lincoln Financial Field
Washington--FedEx Field
Denver--INVESCO Field
Seattle--Qwest Field
Chicago--Soldier Field
San Francisco--SBC Park (baseball)

There are others, I'm sure. But it seems as though NFL stadiums would take precedence over baseball stadiums because the baseball season will be in full-swing during any likely U2 tour, while the NFL stadiums will all be 'dark.'

Chris in NH