Pass up ellipse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has the first person in the GA line ever been getting beeped in? How soon in the line do the beeps start.

I'll probably be camping out for Dallas on the 29th, but I just want to figure out where I want to be for my best probability of getting in.

inmyplace13 said:
Has the first person in the GA line ever been getting beeped in? How soon in the line do the beeps start.

Beth and Karl were numbers 10 and 11 on Sept 20 and they were the second pair beeped in (at least from my pic of Karl running excited about the ellipse, I see two others standing at the rail). So it's not true that no one from the front gets in.

I wouldn't risk waiting and getting in the back of the line just b/c more people tend to get beeped in then. If you camp out, you'll be on the rail. Just consider getting in the ellipse as a bonus, but don't expect it b/c you'll just be tired and stressed and disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Last edited:
Schmeg said:

:yes: The show is AMAZING from that point.

I've had 3 GA's and I hope I have 3 remaining, and I'd just like to get in ONCE.

On the other hand, if I get GA's for December 4 in Boston, I probably won't be able to get there until after 6:30...does anyone know what the party in the back of the floor is like? I've been up close three times and I'm actually looking forward to dancing in the back, if my plans go through!

my friends did Boston 1 towards the back and loved it!! They said there was plenty of room to boogie! :dance:

What is the actual proportion of people who get into the ellipse to those who just get regular GA? I mean, how many people can the ellipse hold and how big is the floor?

That will help figure out chances of getting in.

Y2K said:
What is the actual proportion of people who get into the ellipse to those who just get regular GA? I mean, how many people can the ellipse hold and how big is the floor?

That will help figure out chances of getting in.

By pictures I was estimating about 1 in 4, but im probably way off

inmyplace13 said:

I'll probably be camping out for Dallas on the 29th, but I just want to figure out where I want to be for my best probability of getting in.

Some have declared that the first person scanned always beeped for the first leg, but who's to say? And yet, I was first in line @ MSG 10/10, my girlfriend was the first person scanned and we got in. Who knows? Get there early and you get a great spot no matter what.

DeVaul said:

Some have declared that the first person scanned always beeped for the first leg, but who's to say? And yet, I was first in line @ MSG 10/10, my girlfriend was the first person scanned and we got in. Who knows? Get there early and you get a great spot no matter what.

I'll be there early, in fact I'd put money on my being the very first one. But I'm just skeptical if being the first one is going to get me into the ellipse or not.

inmyplace13 said:

By pictures I was estimating about 1 in 4, but im probably way off

More like 1 in 10.

During the 4 shows I saw on the 2nd leg, the first person in line did not get beeped in. The first people beeped in were #3 once, #8/9 once and something similar the other two occasions.

Somebody told me at a show they thought that the scans were increasing proportionally as the numbers increased and from my observation, I believe it's true.

So basically you may have a 1 in 15 chance getting scanned in the first say 200 people, then 1 in 10, then 1 in 8, etc. Towards the end of the line, it can be very high.

oliveu2cm said:

my friends did Boston 1 towards the back and loved it!! They said there was plenty of room to boogie! :dance:
:hyper: Thanks!

#1 or 2 in the U2.com on October 4 scanned into the elipse, and someone behind me said the same thing happened on the "regular" side.

anitram said:

More like 1 in 10.

During the 4 shows I saw on the 2nd leg, the first person in line did not get beeped in. The first people beeped in were #3 once, #8/9 once and something similar the other two occasions.

Somebody told me at a show they thought that the scans were increasing proportionally as the numbers increased and from my observation, I believe it's true.

So basically you may have a 1 in 15 chance getting scanned in the first say 200 people, then 1 in 10, then 1 in 8, etc. Towards the end of the line, it can be very high.

That actually makes sense.

Dulce de Leche said:
I've been in once before and think I'd pass it up in November because he doesn't bring a girl up to dance who is on the inside......:( and I'll be there so early that I know I'll be first on the outside rail.

Yes I know I'm a :reject:

not true....he DOES and has brought up many girls on the inside....

keila
miroslava
all the COBL kids
and many others if u read on PLEBA...

so u have a chance anywhere...especially since he doesn't go to the tip as much as he did on elevation.

bonoishot said:

i got in on my 1st vertigo show aswell .......and my 2nd and 3rd :drool: :drool:

i might have lousy luck meeting Bono :sad: but it seems the ellipse was lucky for me in Toronto 4 and Chicago 1 and 2 in Sept :hyper:

you must have been stood a few people down from me , i was front row centre between bono and adam on the 20th with WildHoney, next to Miroslava

i hope i get so lucky in Boston :hyper: :drool:

what number were you those times??:wink: :eyebrow:

popbellydancer said:

not true....he DOES and has brought up many girls on the inside....

keila
miroslava
all the COBL kids
and many others if u read on PLEBA...

so u have a chance anywhere...especially since he doesn't go to the tip as much as he did on elevation.

:up:

Yeah, I was happy to read those stories. I wrote that before all those girls got up.

:up:

Having been dead center, 1 person or so from the rail, and about the same position in the ellipse...

I'd say you'd have to be on crack to skip the ellipse.....

I'm seeing 15 shows this year and only have GAs for one... in Vegas. I too am totally stressed about not getting into the ellipse. We have 5 tickets so I was hoping that out of those 1 would scan us in.... thoughts?? 5 girls in a row in the fan line..someone MUST get in (and we can beg that they let us all go!!

If not, at 5' 2" I am totally screwed and will need to head to the soundboard

fingers crossed

I passed it up once in Toronto. Had told someone I would meet them by the soundboard. Don't regret if for a minute...one of my top 10 concerts of all time :sexywink: :heart:!

Last edited:
tbird said:
I'm seeing 15 shows this year and only have GAs for one... in Vegas. I too am totally stressed about not getting into the ellipse. We have 5 tickets so I was hoping that out of those 1 would scan us in.... thoughts?? 5 girls in a row in the fan line..someone MUST get in (and we can beg that they let us all go!!

fingers crossed

I went to a show with 5 people and nobody got scanned in, so it's possible, but your chances are pretty good that at least one ticket will be a winner.

But, I can almost guarantee they will not allow all 5 of you in. I've never seen more than 3 people allowed in on a single scan.

If you line up, you might still get a rail spot on the outside, which would be fine for you.

popbellydancer said:

what number were you those times??:wink: :eyebrow:

cant remember now :lol: i'd queued up a long time though, most of the day so in the 1st 60 or so, though its just where you are in the queue on that day , i just got v lucky, its was so worth flying over from england for though :rockon:

tbird said:

fingers crossed

I'm about the same height and stood next to two gals who were 5 feet or shorter at the outside ellipse rail and the view is clearer there than being in the middle of the ellipse. Get there early enough that you are one of the first 90-100 inside and you should get an outside rail spot if you don't buzz in.

Because sometimes? You just gotta pee.

Signed,
the president of the Itty Bitty Bladder Committee

Back
Top Bottom