Paris I Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Re: Re: hey

ludilobrate said:

what do you think about OOTS?I think this song is the one of the best U2 songs in the last 10 years?

oh i think it's a GREAT song. highly underestimated, and i think people will get to appreciate it much more (and it would turn into a classic) once they figure it out live...

it has a nice complex structure, it virtually builds up to the (very short) chorus...its brilliant!

"...give you everything that you want..." (basically the pre-pre chorus)

"and you feel like no one before...." (the pre-chorus)

"everywhere you go...." (NOW we finally have a chorus :D )

first time i was listening to it, i just didnt get it...it took me quite a while to get into the song...and usually THOSE are the songs that will stick around...

its a great tune!

It's strange... the fact that they are not playing Crumbs made me love the song more.
It's reaching that mythic status that Acrobat and Heartland have. Or Like a Song & Dirty Day to an extent.

Hello folks, I've woken early so I'm here for the party. Has much happened thus far?

Re: Re: Re: Re: hey

mirrorballman said:

oh i think it's a GREAT song. highly underestimated, and i think people will get to appreciate it much more (and it would turn into a classic) once they figure it out live...

it has a nice complex structure, it virtually builds up to the (very short) chorus...its brilliant!

"...give you everything that you want..." (basically the pre-pre chorus)

"and you feel like no one before...." (the pre-chorus)

"everywhere you go...." (NOW we finally have a chorus :D )

first time i was listening to it, i just didnt get it...it took me quite a while to get into the song...and usually THOSE are the songs that will stick around...

its a great tune!
Believe me oots sends shivers along my spine...I hope that this song will be new single<maybe little reworked>,cause oots deserve to be HUGE SINGLE!what do you think about Edge statement ;that oots needs to be reworked for single?

mirrorballman said:

Oh yeah, setlist so far:

11 o clock tick tock//(Vertigo snippet)
Acrobat
Heartland

(and apparently Acrobat will close the show) :D

welcome to the parteeeey :wink:

:mad:

THEY NEED TO STOP PLAYING ACROBAT TWICE!

Stupid U2. I hate them. I wake up early just so I can insult them more.

:wink:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey

ludilobrate said:
Believe me oots sends shivers along my spine...I hope that this song will be new single<maybe little reworked>,cause oots deserve to be HUGE SINGLE!what do you think about Edge statement ;that oots needs to be reworked for single?

well the statement i think makes it clear that they WANT to play it live! they've just realized that the album version isnt raw enough (mixed to perfection)...

so they'll strip it down a bit, make it live-compatible...and then maybe play it 3rd leg?

well, we shall see...i just hope they don't mess around with it too much. its a great song on the album...

Evening all :wave:

(I've been lurking for a while! :D I'm watching the T in the Park festival and Doves are playing a blinder :yes: Seen Killers, the Magic Numbers and Keane so far :up: )

(In other news, my brother has got half of our Twickenham photos developed finally and my folks will bring them up for me to scan when they visit me for my graduation next week :wink: His ex has the other half on another disposable camera but I hope to get hold of these also :) )

Well at least they're still playing the oldies :yes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: hey

mirrorballman said:

well the statement i think makes it clear that they WANT to play it live! they've just realized that the album version isnt raw enough (mixed to perfection)...

so they'll strip it down a bit, make it live-compatible...and then maybe play it 3rd leg?

well, we shall see...i just hope they don't mess around with it too much. its a great song on the album...
YES WE NEED RAW VERSION IT WILL BE GREAT LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!1CHORUS IS FANTASTIC AND SING ALONG

enajh2 said:
Evening all :wave:

(I've been lurking for a while! :D I'm watching the T in the Park festival and Doves are playing a blinder :yes: Seen Killers, the Magic Numbers and Keane so far :up: )

(In other news, my brother has got half of our Twickenham photos developed finally and my folks will bring them up for me to scan when they visit me for my graduation next week :wink: His ex has the other half on another disposable camera but I hope to get hold of these also :) )

Welcome! Can't wait to see the pics! :wave:

Re: OOTS. I've been under the impression that the band think it suits the more 'intimate' setting of the arena, as they played it - often spontaneously - numerous times in the US but it's only appeared once thus far in Europe. I'm sure if there were some form of acoustic set in Europe, they'd be playing it more.

mirrorballman said:

its tiring, isnt it? :D

and heartland? pff, PLAY PRIDE FOR GODS SAKE!!!!

What I want to know is WHY DON'T U2 PLAY ELEVATION? :angry:

1.Vertigo
2.I Will Follow
3.The Electric Co.
4. Elevation

My translation site came up as: Realize a small évenement for U2. At the end of "Running To Stand Still", there is an organization on the screen about the Declaration of the human Rights". This is at that very moment that the fans will inflate the balls and the will carry to boils arms during this moment, as well as on the following song: Pride (In The Name Of Coils). ATTENTION: in order not to disturb the public, after "Pride", the balls will not have to be launched, but only deflated. During the évenement, you will hold only the extremity of the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom