Paris I Setlist Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chizip said:
i wonder what they are going to open with :hyper:

or close with for that matter:hmm:

side note - watching John Norris again now on MTV - just imagine we could be watching "Date My Mom" if they hadn't screwed up last saturday:shifty:

ooooohhhh... U2 again:drool:

dont think there'll be any "new" songs. probably same as london/dublin/manchester 1&2...

One of the nights the setlist is certainly gonna have the "still havent found/all i want is you" combo and "with or without you" in the encores...

other night "mysterious ways" in the encores and "wild horses" instead of "all i want is you"...

i cant see them changing this...

I'm not expecting any surprises tonight - though some change would be good. I would expect more tomorrow (Out of COntrol for I WIll Follow, ...Wild Horses for All I Want is You, etc) but I expect to see the setlsit we've seen for the past few nights continue...

Or maybe the rain all day has just messed with my head...

I don*t get some things!Bono said OOTS *has a huge potential to be BIG HIT*<I agree with it>,and they are planning oots for the single...now how can be possible that they don*t play that song very often on this tour...?*

ludilobrate said:
I don*t get some things!Bono said OOTS *has a huge potential to be BIG HIT*<I agree with it>,and they are planning oots for the single...now how can be possible that they don*t play that song very often on this tour...?*

lets be honest, the live version is (to say it harsh) shite compared to the album version! simply to the fact that larry doesnt start the drums from the beginning and well...bono cant play the guitar...

they cant work it out live...although to be honest, i dont understand why...

let larry simply begin like in the album version...edge plays piano (theres no need for bono on guitar) til "oh nooo...no no"...and then for the "doo doo doo doo" part he just changes to guitar...like "new years day" and ends the song on a high note with the rocking guitar...

my 2 cents...

hey

mirrorballman said:

lets be honest, the live version is (to say it harsh) shite compared to the album version! simply to the fact that larry doesnt start the drums from the beginning and well...bono cant play the guitar...

let larry simply begin like in the album version...edge plays piano (theres no need for bono on guitar) til "oh nooo...no no"...and then for the "doo doo doo doo" part he just changes to guitar...like "new years day" and ends the song on a high note with the rocking guitar...

my 2 cents...
what do you think,how it would be if they used backing guitar track for OOTS?

AMAW is very strange song -unusual for U2 but also is the very good song,so if we count these things :OOTS-played very rare
Crumbs-isn*t played at all
AMAW-isn*t played at all

so this points that HTAAB isn*t used as should be and also shows that this album has a lot of potential...Does anyone agree with this?

mirrorballman said:

Yeah it's getting a little better at least though. The Brooklyn Bridge version... :yikes:

Re: hey

ludilobrate said:
what do you think,how it would be if they used backing guitar track for OOTS?

no, i dont think that'd be a good idea. im fine with backing tracks, but not for guitar...

and we always joke about bonos guitar skills. but i dont get it, the man was able to play some in the 80's, at least we know he's able to play a D-A-E (popmart desire? :D ), i dont get it how he can't/won't do this anymore?

it's not hard, tune up his guitar a bit during OOTS, let edge play piano. the song has only 4 chords, and even an A and an E...and we know he can play those :D let him help out edge for the first half....and then for the "doo doo doo doos" let the scientist do the magic with his gibson...

i dont see a problem...just dont understand why they do :|

neutral said:

Yeah it's getting a little better at least though. The Brooklyn Bridge version... :yikes:

hah, yeah :wink: well at least i was able to hear bonos guitar there...

look at running to stand still in this tour...he plays the opening D chord (cant hear it), and then plays around with the guitar for the rest of the song as if he's trying to fix something... :huh:

seriously, just play D and G...its NOT that hard!!!

ludilobrate said:
AMAW is very strange song -unusual for U2 but also is the very good song,so if we count these things :OOTS-played very rare
Crumbs-isn*t played at all
AMAW-isn*t played at all

so this points that HTAAB isn*t used as should be and also shows that this album has a lot of potential...Does anyone agree with this?

:yes: I agree....like I said...Me = Agreeable Mood

Re: Re: hey

mirrorballman said:

no, i dont think that'd be a good idea. im fine with backing tracks, but not for guitar...

and we always joke about bonos guitar skills. but i dont get it, the man was able to play some in the 80's, at least we know he's able to play a D-A-E (popmart desire? :D ), i dont get it how he can't/won't do this anymore?

it's not hard, tune up his guitar a bit during OOTS, let edge play piano. the song has only 4 chords, and even an A and an E...and we know he can play those :D let him help out edge for the first half....and then for the "doo doo doo doos" let the scientist do the magic with his gibson...

i dont see a problem...just dont understand why they do :|
YOU *re damn right.I am not a good guitar player but I can play OOTS with no problems especially first part of song...

what do you think about OOTS?I think this song is the one of the best U2 songs in the last 10 years?

...was watching Madonna on the VH1 west coast feed. That set was enjoyable to see in its entirety on a regular TV!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom