Paris 2 setlist party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tell ya, the idea that I paid money for that website almost makes me want to cry, but their screw-ups are just too funny.

nurse chrissi said:
This is from U2.com :huh:

'Bad' In Paris

They don't play it that often, but it's always worth the wait!

Interesting, now they've changed the article to:

Out of Control Again

A second incendiary show in two nights in the French capital.

Here's the set list for tonight's show. Report to follow.

But they haven't changed the setlist yet.

and now its updates :wink:
Out of Control Again

A second incendiary show in two nights in the French capital.

Here's the set list for tonight's show. Report to follow.

Vertigo
Out of Control
Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bad
City of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can1t Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
With or Without You

All Because of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

Westport said:

Sorry to hear that. That can be difficult.... I lived through that with a girl in Denmark.

Come on back to the States!!! Can you go to school here for awhile?

My girlfriend's coming here for university, but that's not for another year and a half. I'm hoping to be able to afford to go back to the States for Christmas/New Year's.

I honestly do not like the US university system and would much rather stay in the one here, though I'd be prepared to go if the cost weren't so prohibitive. My four years of university here will cost me roughly what I'd pay for just one year of university in the States.

neutral said:
How is the uni system different Axver? :)

Well, we only do courses directly associated to our major (unless you elect to do something from another discipline). I hear that in the US, for the first two years, you are required to do a broad variety of subjects much like in high school and you don't declare your major until the commencement of your third year. Well, here, the average degree is completed in three years and you immediately start doing what you want to do upon arriving in uni. I'm only doing four years because I need to complete an honours year before I go on to do my PhD (which I'll do in the States).

And while I think university's expensive here and long for the days when it was free (I believe that ended a little before I was born in the eighties), it's a whole lot cheaper than in the US! I believe I'll only pay about AUS$4800 a year. That's about US$3700, if I remember correctly.

lisa2004 said:

Hi Shaq,

I like Vertigo x2 too, it rocked at Manc 1 and Twicks 1, the whole place was rocking.

Hey,

I was at Manc2 and Twickers2 and it went well there

Hi everyone...
I was at the Paris2 show tonight.

Very great concert, nearly the same level of Paris1 (still don't have figured which one was the best).

The only thing is that basically, to thank the great audience of the first concert they played one less song and made only one change, OOC instead of Follow (which was cool).

At the end of the concert, we all waited for something more because we knew that they skipped something between still and city, and the light took a very long time to come back (at least 5 minutes from the moment the band left) and during that there were no ambiance music nor technicians beginning to dismount the stage. But nothing happened...

Back home, I saw on U2.com that the band was due to play Bad. Actually they say they did, but they didn't.

So it's kind of weird. IMO they can't have skipped Bad because of Bono's voice which was far better and powerfull than yesterday and in a very good shape.

And I think after having left they may have thought or discussed about a kind of extra encore... but nada.

So I repeat it was a brilliant show but we can't help being a little disappointed of having had for two nights the same show (except OOC) minus one song...

If it's their to thank great audience, lets boo them next time they come lol.

I read on u2tours.com that the person they sung Happy Birthday to was Edge's daughter, Hollie, who turned 21 (and was at the show). Just in case anyone wanted to know...

the quote:
Comments: At the start of Miracle Drug, Bono leads the crowd in Happy Birthday for Edge's daughter Hollie, who's at the show for her 21st birthday. As Sometimes You Can't... ends, Bono tells a story about visiting Paris with his dad 10 years ago, and how after a night of drink, Bob put Bono 'to bed like a baby' and Bob stayed awake singing opera. Bono ends the song by singing opera over Edge's guitar. Bono brings a female fan on stage to dance at the end of One.

This thread has reached 500 replies. Therefore, it must be closed. If anyone wants to start up a sequel thread to continue discussion, feel free to do so! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom