Ottawa Setlist-Free Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
th_innocent.gif

Why does the paper for the Pop album sleeve just feel so much better than the paper for other album sleeves?

should be an interesting show too... Bono likely will be pissed about Canada's PM balking at committing GDP funds to poverty elimination...

from the front page:

Mayor Bob Chiarelli has officially declared Friday U2 day in Ottawa, to coincide with a concert event the capital has been anticipating wildly for almost a year.

Since the Ottawa stop in the band's worldwide Vertigo tour was announced, Bono has made no secret the gig carries unusually political overtones.

"Paul Martin asked us to play the gig," Bono said when the date was first confirmed, promising to turn the event into a celebration or protest -- depending on whether or not Martin decided to sign on to spending 0.7 per cent of national income on foreign aid.

KhanadaRhodes said:

because the album's better than other albums? :D

Possibly. But it literally does feel better! I have no idea why. Maybe it's just me. :reject:

u2wedge said:
should be an interesting show too... Bono likely will be pissed about Canada's PM balking at committing GDP funds to poverty elimination...

from the front page:

Mayor Bob Chiarelli has officially declared Friday U2 day in Ottawa, to coincide with a concert event the capital has been anticipating wildly for almost a year.

Since the Ottawa stop in the band's worldwide Vertigo tour was announced, Bono has made no secret the gig carries unusually political overtones.

"Paul Martin asked us to play the gig," Bono said when the date was first confirmed, promising to turn the event into a celebration or protest -- depending on whether or not Martin decided to sign on to spending 0.7 per cent of national income on foreign aid.

The funds were committed, just not quite as much, or as fast as Bono would have liked. There was a lot of hoopla over it when they played Vancouver in the spring. However, I doubt B will be too critical tonight. He never is toward those he has to maintain a working relationship with for the sake of future negotiations.

kellyahern said:

They used up their rehearsal time for the Pop tour finishing the paper production :up:.

Probably! :lol: The ink they used on it is superb. Why I'm sitting here on a Friday night - er, Saturday morning - deeply analysing my Pop album sleeve is unbeknownst to me, but anyway.

GibsonGirl said:
Probably! :lol: The ink they used on it is superb. Why I'm sitting here on a Friday night - er, Saturday morning - deeply analysing my Pop album sleeve is unbeknownst to me, but anyway.
make a faux post about it on your livejournal :combust:

Back
Top Bottom