Opinions on Hammish Hamilton

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
#1 the surveillance stuff is from the DL.1’s that Willie put in the rig and at the mix desk. It is the same light that digitally projected the Human Rights woman into the smoke. There is a small Sony camera attached to the front of the light and it has an infrared option. The original idea was to shoot the crowd with them, but then Willie realized he was getting some interesting shots of the band as well.

I say – give me a friggin handicam at the back of the arena and hit record – that would be my favorite DVD. That plus a timeframe shot of the stages being built and torn down. Hell – you can actually skip the show for me and just release the stages being built and torn down – but that’s just me of course.

:wink:

Slane was better of the 2... the audience was the star of the show too, better interaction, where as Boston was bleh...

I think that he shines better when filiming stadium / EU shows, rather than American shows, but we'll see about Chicago.

U2FanPeter said:
Why has Wim Wenders has never filmed a u2 concert?

u2fp

That is an interesting proposal (if, in fact, you're making one rather than just asking a question), but one I think would be doomed to epic failure. There's way too much of Ozu in Wenders for the dude ever to be able to film a rock show. He's one of my favorite directors of the last 40 years, but most of the film would consist of static shots of empty bathrooms during the show, which itself would be heard in tinny, warped audio. Sure, it would be provocative and maybe even cool...but it wouldn't be a U2 show. It would be a commercial and musical sin.

A rock concert at which nothing happens. That would be Wenders's film. There's just no way...

Back
Top Bottom