Opinions: Bono and his amnesia "I forgot what goes after this line"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no big deal at all....no problem, his beautiful singing, his charm an charisma make him the greatest rock performer ever
so theres no fucking problem with Bono forgetting lyrics
if a telepromter exists, ill be the first one to use it

I imagine singing in front of 50,000 can really scare the sh....out of you

i have to agree with u2wedge here. bono will probably pull in at least 35 million from this tour, and his only job is to remember the lyrics for the songs and sing them. they only play about 35 songs in total, so thats about 1 million dollars per song, where all you gotta do is memorize the lyrics. and half of the songs they have been playing for years and years. for a million dollars per song id be sure to have them memorized back and forth.

to me when they mess up it takes away from the show a bit. it makes me realize that they aren't that great of musicians. being a guitar player myself, when i go to a rock show and see a guitarist play flawless, i walk away amazed, thinking man this guy is a professional, i hope some day i can play as flawlessly as that. but when i go to a u2 show, and the edge messes up, or bono forgets the lyrics, or bono needs to go over to the edge to have him count off the timing to start yahweh, i dont know, it just takes away that feeling of amazement. cause hell, i can play u2 songs with plenty of mistakes.

but anyway, thats just how i feel, i know most people think mistakes are cute or whatever.

Well, I suppose they could just stand on the stage, not move, talk, interact with the audience and focus 100% on the songs and play them perfectly. Personally, I think those shows would probably bore me to tears. But that's just me. :shrug:

there were about 5 people in line as of 2:30am, but i really don't know if they are going to be able to stay in their spot, it looks like it could get messy

because of the hotel? Anyone from here? I'll probably cruise over to the line to see the situation when I get in, but I'm not going to freak out about it. You're going to tonight's show or tomorrow?

well the hotel says the line is going to start at "studio A" which is inside the hotel, and I dont really see them allowing a lineup inside there. there seemed like a good spot for people to line up just outside the place, but then at 4 when they allow people to officially line up other people could cut ahead, so i dont know.

super fan, allidreamsoutloud, karmic postmark, clesai, and some person i didnt know were in line.

in other news we were able to find our way backstage tonight and go in all the dressing rooms, so that was fun. we got the phone numbers for the phones in them, so we are going to call when u2 should be back there and ask for bono and see if he gets it :giggle:

ramblin rose said:
Cool, tell him to play Mofo.:wink:

thats actually exactly what im going to do, if it actually does get through to Bono I'm going to say, "hello Bono, this is evil Bono, and I've got the Edge, the only way to get him back is to play Mofo tonight."

I can't wait.:drool: I think you should prepare something in case you get Larry.

Well, I'm off, maybe I'll see you later.

edited to say: I've got it..

hello Larry, this is Evil Larry and I've got your hair gel, the only way to get it back is to play Mofo.

Last edited:
I actually don´t give a damn if Bono forgets or changes the lyrics. It´s his songs, he can do what he wants, what really counts is when the whole band performs in such a wonderful way in a tour like Vertigo. I don´t care if I can´t sing some songs at a concert if he changes the lyrics, then it means that I stay in silence and enjoy merely the song

Chizip said:

to me when they mess up it takes away from the show a bit. it makes me realize that they aren't that great of musicians.

i dont know, it just takes away that feeling of amazement.

cause hell, i can play u2 songs with plenty of mistakes.

i have to say, those quotes in particular of yours reflect the essence of u2 in my opinion. from the very beginning they have been about that - we are just like you - we are not great - you can do this, too. now i am beginning to think they screw up on purpose :wink:

Back
Top Bottom