Opening act in Cleveland???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Institute. Gavin Rossdale's band, the singer of Bush. Now better known as Mr. Stefani.

They aren't very good, I don't think. It's like he doesn't realize that 90's alternative rock is over.

Thanks for the info...guess I won't care if I'm late! My luck it will be a blizzard that night and it will take 2 hrs driving there!

Sorry I just read the 'read this before you ask' section about opening acts...duh...i'm new here.

i was hoping we would get Kanye West in Cleveland. his new albume really is amazing, and i would love to see him do something with U2.

I know me too....I was STRONGLY tempted to splurge to catch him at one of the last shows....

I dont think people realize what a combo that is....pretty much the two biggest names in music right now...damn I wish I was a rich boy..lol..

G

gabrielvox said:
I wanted more of Damian Marley.

Insitute is just a boring act, Im sorry.

Yea...I saw Damian Marley open for them in Dallas - - - I don't like Reegae, but it was actually very good. They put on a good show.

I third Damian! Reggae I can take or leave, but Damian's act really got the crowd into it. I don't know anything by Bush or Institute so it was extremely boring and hurt my ears. I don't know Damian's songs, but he kinda gets you bopping and chanting along.

Institute is getting the earplug treatment from me. I had trouble hearing for about three days after the Detroit show, so I ain't risking my hearing for Mr Stefani. The plugs are coming out as soon as I hear Wake Up.

I just want to say I LOVED Institute. I am a big Bush fan and actually picked up the Instuite CD a few months back. During 'Bullet Proof Skin' Gavin jumped on the barricade in front of me and I got to high-five them. They had tons of energy, seemed to be enjoying themselves and played a great collection of songs! Everyone around were talking after they were done about how much they enjoyed it too.

At the Buffalo show they played Machinehead and The Chemicals Between Us. The rest was their own but I must say it did seem like a very long song with the exception of the Bush songs.

I was able to get a copy of Bush's setlist from Buffalo.. still said Hartford on the top... guess they didn't change things up...

bushsetlist.jpg

Back
Top Bottom