Open Sale Saturday - Best Way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mostlyirish99

Babyface
Hey!

I am thanking everyone in advance who will be so kind to take 30 seconds to reply to a U2 fan. What is the best way to go for tickets this Saturday (open public)? Is it internet or phone?

This morning was crazy and my heart bleeds with everyone else who did not get tickets. Stay positive and envision what you want. Let's hope the band steps up and makes this right!!!

Thank you again for your replies and GOOD LUCK!!!!!

Thomas from Iowa

Honestly, I have no idea. I've lost all faith, mostlyirish....oh ya, stay positive. I think I might actually go to Ticketmaster at like 5 am on sat. to make sure I get tickets. I can't trust the internet anymore.

I heard that standing in line can be worse. Sometimes they will first issue lottery numbers to those in line BEFORE they even begin to access the computer. I hear you though, frickin nightmare. Shouldn't hurt like this. IThe band has some serious PR to do and should seriously think about firing Sabastien Clayton!!!!

B Good,

thomas

actually, scratch my brilliant plan. Ticketmaster outlets only sell tickets in their region, at least the one in DC does. So I can't buy tickets in person. I guess I'd say get on the internet and the phone at the same time.

i live in Iowa, called ticketmaster last week to see if I was in the Chicago region. I am. You should call Ticketmaster and find out what venues or states are considered in your region and ask them specifically if a SPECIFIC location will be selling tix for a SPECIFIC show on Sat. I would still try the internet. Did you have a u2.com pre sale code? I think all of the trouble this morning goes to the links between the two sites. I really do. Sat may be a different scenario. I will log in at 30 minutes before the hour and simply refresh every few minutes unitl two minutes before and then refresh every 15 or 20 seconds....

Thomas

good luck, thomas. I'm in DC, only thing in my area is Philly, I got tickets today for that. I had two memberships on u2.com, the second one didn't go through because they said I already used my access code. It kills me so much because I had front row seats to the opener in San Diego. And ticketmaster screwed me over.

I have a cable modem, so I'm going to try both phone and Internet, and see which one works first.

RademR said:
good luck, thomas. I'm in DC, only thing in my area is Philly, I got tickets today for that. I had two memberships on u2.com, the second one didn't go through because they said I already used my access code. It kills me so much because I had front row seats to the opener in San Diego. And ticketmaster screwed me over.

Hey, good to see another D.C. U2 fan have luck today. :) I'm trying to get tickets to the NYC show because my brother lives up there. I bought the U2.com subscription last night for the sole purpose of getting tickets this morning, no luck though. I was willing to pay for even the most expensive seats too, anything just to get in. Now I'm just praying they open up more seats in the next few days for the pre-sale. I wonder what the odds are of that happening.

shallow days said:

Hey, good to see another D.C. U2 fan have luck today. :) I'm trying to get tickets to the NYC show because my brother lives up there. I bought the U2.com subscription last night for the sole purpose of getting tickets this morning, no luck though. I was willing to pay for even the most expensive seats too, anything just to get in. Now I'm just praying they open up more seats in the next few days for the pre-sale. I wonder what the odds are of that happening.

yes, I tried madison square a bunch of times, it was my #1 priority on the tour. It's funny how you log on at exactly 10:00 and all the GA seats are gone.....gotta love that. And after NY, I lost out on the two Boston shows as they were finished. So I settled for Philly. Maybe I'll have more luck on the third leg back home in DC. I think i'm saving my other code for that one.

RademR said:

yes, I tried madison square a bunch of times, it was my #1 priority on the tour. It's funny how you log on at exactly 10:00 and all the GA seats are gone.....gotta love that. And after NY, I lost out on the two Boston shows as they were finished. So I settled for Philly. Maybe I'll have more luck on the third leg back home in DC. I think i'm saving my other code for that one.

Hmm, that sounds like a good idea, I wasn't sure if the code would work for the third leg too.

I would go to a department store that has a ticketmaster outlet. Most people automatically go to a music store. On the last tour I couldn't get through online or by phone so thirty minutes after tickets went on sale I went to find an outlet. I passed a Tower Records with a line a mile long. Then I went into a Robinson's May department store and the line wasn't more than ten people. I barely got a ticket, but it worked. If you get there early you should be in good shape.

I had a cable connection today and that didn't help at all - the Ticketmaster server was the problem here. Nothing I could have done about it. I just plain got screwed like most everyone else.

I say that you should try the phones. That's what I am going to do. That way a bogged down server won't bite me in the ass next time!

Either way... I wrote u2.com. I am sure they won't respond. However, we deserve an apology and possibly a refund on our $40. This type of thing that happened this morning is unacceptable - whether it's a reality of big music business or not.

Apparently, the best way to get tickets is to get to know your local scalper. Your only other option, unfortunately, is to befriend a radio station executive or Ticketmaster employee. But that's only as a last resort and is not recommended.

Back
Top Bottom