One Year Anniversary of Tour Opener!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A year ago I was in Dublin! Waiting for the reviews of opening night in the Irish newspapers. :wink:

I got back home on the first of April, a mere 5 1/2 hours before the first Anaheim show, which I attended. :crack:

That was a blast. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

eta: Add my undying thanks to Chrisedge for sharing his excellent recordings. :drool:

Yeah Vertigo tour :drool: Man What a tour

I'm sorry Elevation fans , but vertigo totally beat the hell out of elevation tour . In every aspect IMO

Besides it's the first tour I attended a u2 concert :wink:

San Diego was rushed, Bono didn't remember any of the lyrics to the Fly, had trouble with Elevation, and Cat Dubh was a mood killer (so the review said) but Yahweh had the biggest sing along.

And the transition wasn't all there either, Bullet the Blue Sky -> Running To Stand Still -> Zoo Station ... weird!

Chrisedge said:
That spoiler setlist thread cracks me up. One of the rumored setlists had about 10 songs they never played. (the one with Please, Walk On, etc...)

This http://forum.interference.com/t120056.html thread is also fun to read....(On the rehearsal show)

Damn, I remember wanting to drive to LA the morning of the 26th when I arrived in SD and a lot of people told me not to bother that there was no way anyone would get into the rehearsal.

Then I heard later that night that people had gotten in and I was really pissed I hadn't driven up there.

Then I decided there was no way I was going to read anything about that show.

Then I logged on to interference and couldn't resist reading every single detail of what had happened at the rehearsal show.

Then I felt like such a loser after knowing that I had had absolutely no will power to wait another couple of days to be surprised at opening night. :huh:

Ahhh the memories.

I remember the build up to seeing the band in Manchester as being a rollercoaster of highs and lows thinking i was'nt going to get a ticket then getting a ticket ,waiting for what seemed like an eternity for seetickets to deliver them,then on the day of the show thinking we were'nt going to get into the elipse but then getting in.................but was it worth it........fucking right it was :wink:

Back
Top Bottom