One thing I hate about U2 concerts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edmerch1984

The Fly
Anyone who says U2 concerts are rubbish is a fool, but unfortunatley the world is full of fools. Such can be seen at u2 concerts, when they walk away from major u2 songs such as streets, wowy etc. Ok, so they may need the toilet - so bloody run!!! If it was me, id piss my pants during any song! It really irates me because when i went to see u2 last summer, i was only able to get a seated ticket. To see a person with a standing ticket walk away from classic songs burns me up. It also irates me when I see uninterested fans look so bored when they are so near the stage (seen on dvds in the past). I would kill to be where they are. I would love to see if u guys feel the same way, which I'm sure u do. Please leave ur thoughts.

There is a video that I posted on this site from youtube of Mysterious Ways live.
Edge walks round onto the elipse and when the spotlight shines on him you can see a man who is about 3 feet way from Edge standing there with his arms folded, not sure if he is silent aw, but he could have shown a little enthusiasm. :rant:

If Edge was standing 3 feet away from me I'd probably have a fit. :bow:

I know this has been said loads of times, but I just can't get my head around how unanimated the crowd are on the chicago dvd.

Especially as they knew they were being filmed as well.

incredible.

That irates me too. When I saw U2 last summer I was close to the stage. I didn't see anybody looking annoyed or walking away during any song. But what I saw (before the show, bacause during it I didn't take my eyes of the stage) was a lot of people who were in the seats that wanted to be where I was was among other lucky people. And in the next day what I saw was a lot of people who just wanted to be at the concert, no matter where, and didn't got tickets. That's why I hate to see people acting bored at a U2 concert. They probably don't realise that they're pratically stealing somebody's dream. Well, I just felt very lucky that I was there.

WHen BONO stood about 3 to 4 feet away from me on the video shoot to COBL in vancouver i went NUTS!!!! I jumped like michael jordan and cheered as if i won the lotary! I agree if your not going to enjoy the show then why bother comming? or atleast get a crappy seat but leave the stage to those fans who truely enjoy U2. Having Bono stand 3 or 4 feet away from me was the highlight of the year and then the next night having stood about 8 feet away from the elipse and having the boys at different times of the night stand within 8 feet of me was just fantastic!

Yeah, the guys next to me were rocking out at the recent hits but when they started playing "The Electric Co." he walked out to go get beer.

Dude. This is THE ELECTRIC CO. Screw Vertigo. THE ELECTRIC CO!
I must have been the only one really rocking out in my section. WTFus.

waynetravis said:
There is a video that I posted on this site from youtube of Mysterious Ways live.
Edge walks round onto the elipse and when the spotlight shines on him you can see a man who is about 3 feet way from Edge standing there with his arms folded, not sure if he is silent aw, but he could have shown a little enthusiasm. :rant:

Yes but I have the impression that at the very end of the video, he's doing a kind of :rockon: ... Maybe he was just :shocked: by the idea of having Edge in front of him !?

But otherwise I agree with all of you even if I now I am completely biased. 3 years ago I had the opportunity to go to a Rolling Stones :)madspit: ) concert because my girlfriend won a radio contest:angel: . I certainly enjoyed the show, but obviously not as much as would have a real RS fan:hyper: .:dance: , who could unfortunately not spend the huge amount of money required for the tickets.
Probably those fans would piss me off on a RS thread:yikes: .
And that's why I don't have any regret for not having bought ticket for the concert the Stones will give this summer in HeidiLand, because I know other people will enjoy much more than I would do.

PlaTheGreat said:
Yeah, the guys next to me were rocking out at the recent hits but when they started playing "The Electric Co." he walked out to go get beer.

:tsk:

I was seated right near a restroom at the show in Houston, and Mother Nature was calling in a mean way. I was forced to go at a U2 concert... but believe me, I RAN... and I also selected the song wisely. I think it was during BTBS :D

While I was taking care of business, there were others who had pulled away as well taking their sweet time reappying makeup, plucking eyebrows etc. :crazy:

I was front row at Hartford outside the ellipse and the :censored: guy next to me spent the ENTIRE time with his arms folded standing absolutely still. WTF. :mad:

Achtung_Bebe said:

:tsk:

I was seated right near a restroom at the show in Houston, and Mother Nature was calling in a mean way. I was forced to go at a U2 concert... but believe me, I RAN... and I also selected the song wisely. I think it was during BTBS :D

While I was taking care of business, there were others who had pulled away as well taking their sweet time reappying makeup, plucking eyebrows etc. :crazy:

Plucking eyebrows:huh: That is a new one. I would think a lady would not want anyone to see her do that? It does not bother me so much to see the bored people. I get really annoyed with the people who have the nerver to be so rude and talk during a song. I have never wanted to slap a person more:mad:

Here, in the last Lisbon concert, in August, when they ended the main set with One, many people started to get in the stadium exits, and I was like "duhhh, you stupids, it ain't over yet! If I payed so much and stayed hours to get it, I'd exige a few more songs". When Zoo Station seemed to start, they got back, but then went again in the end of WOWY... it irritated me, when I saw them coming back for the last encore and that come-and-go of that fools that don't have more to do than spend money in a concert, maybe they don't like U2 much, and other fans missed the show because of them...

because u2 is so huge in draws a lot of casual fans who just go cause its the cool thing to do, its unfortunate because it can kind of kill the atmosphere a bit

PlaTheGreat said:

Dude. This is THE ELECTRIC CO. Screw Vertigo. THE ELECTRIC CO!
I must have been the only one really rocking out in my section. WTFus.

Better than the guy in front of me at Miami 2 who, during Electric Co., took out his blackberry, sat down, and surfed the internet. His wife was :rockon: though, so it was kind of obvious she was the one who wanted to go and he was just "there."

Chizip said:
because u2 is so huge in draws a lot of casual fans who just go cause its the cool thing to do, its unfortunate because it can kind of kill the atmosphere a bit

Ditto: and what I hate is that I am not first row elipse! I'm such a good U2 er @ shows, I don't miss a beat.

Oh there was a real tall guy who sauntered in to the elipse during the Vegas1 show, it was after the show started. He literally stood there, still with his hands at his sides, not moving even an eyelash to the beat of themusic, no emotion to his face, nothing. HOW CAN PEOPLE DO THAT? We couldn't sit still! He really pissed us off. He also had foam earplugs in. I wanted to reach over and yank them out.

I still can't believe the chick who tried to start a fight during WOWY at the Cleveland show. There I am (second row in the ellipse), trying to enjoy the moment, and this girl is trying to shove her way up through the ranks to get to the front, even though everyone's already packed in like sardines and no one's able to move (even if they wanted to). So the girl starts yelling and shouting at another woman, accusing her of being a dyke and that the woman was trying to grope her (when actually the woman was just trying to maintain her own position). And all of this during With or Without You... seemed rather ironic.

I had GA's for several shows this year, but couldn't afford them for Cleveland and had to get seats. In our section were people more concerned about how well they were dressed than seeing frickin' U2. My brother and I were pissed at the lack of enthusiasm by the people around us. The only songs they knew were the ones that had been on the radio. THEY DIDN'T EVEN KNOW 40!! We never sat, and said to hell with them. We weren't going to let them ruin our night.

The guy next to me at Chicago 1 pushed by me 4 times to go on beer runs. Then he left early.
And this was in the $160 seats. Why pay that much if you really don't even care about the show? Insanity....

There were a bunch of preppy kids on the rail in front of Beth and I in St. Louis. During Kanye, they didn't so much as bop their heads. We offered two of them $40 a piece to switch spots (they would've seen clearly b/c they were both taller than us), but they said no. Fair enough, but they stood there leaning on the railing the entire time. Not one movement to the rhythm, no singing along, just standing their like zombies. I still had a great time though because it was my last show so I was nuts and this chick next to me was also going nuts (she got so excited and then was literally weeping, she almost fainted).

edmerch1984 said:
Anyone who says U2 concerts are rubbish is a fool, but unfortunatley the world is full of fools. Such can be seen at u2 concerts, when they walk away from major u2 songs such as streets, wowy etc. Ok, so they may need the toilet - so bloody run!!! If it was me, id piss my pants during any song! It really irates me because when i went to see u2 last summer, i was only able to get a seated ticket. To see a person with a standing ticket walk away from classic songs burns me up. It also irates me when I see uninterested fans look so bored when they are so near the stage (seen on dvds in the past). I would kill to be where they are. I would love to see if u guys feel the same way, which I'm sure u do. Please leave ur thoughts.

I try to limit my in take of liquids about 2 hours before the show so that when i get there i use the loo, and then not again till the show is over. course i don't drink beer, so that HELPS :lol:
SO far it's worked!:D

OMG I get sooooooo:mad: when i see bored people up close, when i have been trying sooooo hard to get a GA seat {never have had the luck either '01 or '05, no shows 4 me in '06 :( }.

yes I def want to 'go down there' to the outer runway or inside and "say...' you're bored?!? Ok get the #$%@&~~ ooutta here! I got a few peeps who DESERVE to take your places!' " {incuding Moi}

Having been up in the nosebleeds before, I can tell you - once you are in the ellipse, particularly front row ellipse... there is no experience on earth like it. I feel like I would turn down a seat, and not go if I couldn't get GA - - but the reality is, I would go, and I would sit in the top row of the furthest corner, and I would still love it. My ex-husband was the kind of guy who when I would finally drag him to a concert with me, he would stand there (or SIT there) the entire show, arms crossed. BAH!

BEVERLY56 said:
but the reality is, I would go, and I would sit in the top row of the furthest corner, and I would still love it.

So true, I had a ball even being right at the back. I would have easily paid 200 quid for the ticket even though I paid 70 for such a seat. Goodness knows how much I would pay to get a standing ticket. Let's just say that for me - the prices for such tickets on e bay are justified.

Let's see.. In Toronto we were in the lowers and the people around us chose to sit half the time. :| In Montreal we were in GA and there was a couple of guys who chose to spend most of the time trying to pick us up as opposed to paying attention to the show :rolleyes: And in ellipse in Buffalo, some of the people on our side chose to stand and clap politely. Well I suppose that's not so bad, but come on! Show a bit more enthusiasm! :madwife: I suppose it just made me feel silly to jump up and down and carry on like a madwoman while they all stood around like they were at a *insert name of less exciting artist here* concert. :wink:

^^^

Oh i would DEF AGREE that to be IN THE BUILDING [in my case MSG/NYC] is MUY BETTER-- than not :sad: being there at all!!!

I was parallel to the stage and up in the crow's nest so i was still some closer than those directly oppostie the stage.and up there......and i was SO :bow: gratefult to be there.

ANy show I've been to of theirs {and other uber-favs] there have been mostly enthusiatic fans around me/my friends.

Because i have had a few previously bands in my Uber-fave Rock Band Pantheon-- and THOSE bands I saw up close when they were in their smaller to middle phases before eventual Best in the World catagories of SuperFame {Who, Springsteen}- I was "spoiled" for seeing "the Best " close-up from yesars of doing so!!!!

I'd been a U-2 fan {that's how far back when they still had a dash between} since 80/81 pre-USA first Tour.
AND After seeing them since 83 onward.....i never got to see them anywhere even near-close UNTIL i was able to {by sheer luck of various things coming togther at the right time} get a seat almost in front of the stage as the walkway began to emerge outwards on Adam's side. My friends and I NEVER had ANY luck till '05 seeing them upclose.

and i still haven't gotten to see them really up close in GA and I've TRIED!!!:madspit: :sad:

anyway I AM very grateful I finally got as close as I did after 23 yrs of TRYING & seeing them in concert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom