On The Rooftop in Japan, tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
From U2.com
On The Rooftop in Japan, tonight

For all you U2 fans in Japan who may not have been able to make it to see the shows, the band will be performing two songs LIVE on the rooftop of Japanese station TV ASAHI, tonight, Friday. The performance will be broadcast live on Music Station which airs from 8pm.

Music Station is the country's biggest music TV show and word is that the band will perform Vertigo and the new single Window In The Skies.

We'll keep you posted.

I'm not sure, but I think this is the link:

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?h...music/&prev=/search?q=TV+ASAHI&hl=en&lr=&sa=G

Do we have anyone in the house who is fluent in Japanese who could translate the page for us?

Last edited:
Dammit! I should have just stayed in Japan all weekend. I came back for what. . .a half a day of work. . .and now the weekend. I'm kicking myself.

It is Window in the Skies and Vertigo.

And Jewel is singing to a live orchestra.

This sounds like Top of the Pops, Japanese style.

I don´t get it. Some parts seem live, some parts sound like pure playback. It sounds actually like a mix of the two.

It looks like the whole song serves as a background (WITS, that is).

That was great. Thanks for the post. Rooftop performances look like a lot of fun. Tokyo is such a beautiful city too, great looking videos.

Is it only me that thinks it strange that Edge can play two giutar sounds at the same time on Vertigo, anyone here more then me that notice that it was playback music with live vocals on Vertigo?

Great live performance of Windows...

I was supposed to see these concerts, I'm so depressed :(

Back
Top Bottom