Okay, I read the FAQ but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wannabe

War Child
Are you allowed to take bookbags/backpacks into the venues?

I can't find this answered in any FAQ so that's why I'm asking.

Yeah, bags are pretty much outlawed in any way, shape, or form from most arenas and stadiums nowadays for any kind of event.

For what it's worth, I called Mellon Arena and they said that bookbags and the like are allowed permitted they are small enough to put under your seat. The receptionist told me so long as it wasn't too full I should have no trouble.

if the arena has a parking lot, they probably won't allow any backpacks, etc.

if the arena is largely a commuter place, i.e. madison square garden, then the rule of thumb is that you can take in any bag that can fit under your chair.

but then again, the security was uncharacteristicly lax at msg last time around, so you could have taken a duffle bag with body parts and a bazooka hidden in it inside if you really wanted to.

the security was uncharacteristicly lax at msg last time around, so you could have taken a duffle bag with body parts and a bazooka hidden in it inside if you really wanted to. [/B]

Sadly enough, the above quote is NOT an exaggeration. Given that there were terrorist attack warnings in place in NYC at the same time... Well, that's another issue.

FWIW, is it not easier to leave the bookbag at home, in a car, at a friend's home, etc.? Unless you're bringing in equipment to record the concert, I'd say, "Leave the backpack at home."

Last night in DC they told you to open up your bag/backpack and then didn't even look inside. It looked like their biggest concern was not letting a half empty bottle of water into the arena.:huh:

The biggest show of security I saw was when Bono got out of his car yesterday to say hello. I almost wonder who was taking care of the President at that point, since you'd think every security person in DC was taking care of Bono.:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom