Ok we have been waiting over 4 weeks now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Utoo said:

Anyone?

Or is this just BS?

It seems obvious the original poster was hypothesising a "what if" scenerio that U2 should release an EP of several new songs in the few months before the final leg of the tour to not only generate interest in the last 10 shows, but as perhaps some sort of "reward" for fans waiting over most of 2006 for the re-scheduled dates.

He's not saying there's an existing "new' EP floating around now and there isn't.

T.B.

^ Silly me. :reject: The rest seemed obviously hypothetical, but the "already circulating" is what fooled me.

Partyslammer said:

It seems obvious the original poster was hypothesising a "what if" scenerio that U2 should release an EP of several new songs in the few months before the final leg of the tour to not only generate interest in the last 10 shows, but as perhaps some sort of "reward" for fans waiting over most of 2006 for the re-scheduled dates.

He's not saying there's an existing "new' EP floating around now and there isn't.

T.B.

In 2001 u2 did a Walmart/BestBuy(?) exclusive cd called "SEVEN" . It was made up of 7 tracks that were B-sides and already available elsewhere. It had a very limited release only in the US.

It could be repeated with BOMB bonus tracks for a hypothetical Aussie release. "Already circulating" meant some combination of: Fast Cars, ...Wait Forever?, Ava Maria, Native Son, Mercy, Xanax, Remixes, Sarejevo(Milan) etc.....

U2 have released product down under not released elsewhere. Lemon Single? In God's Country single etc...

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

In 2001 u2 did a Walmart/BestBuy(?) exclusive cd called "SEVEN" . It was made up of 7 tracks that were B-sides and already available elsewhere. It had a very limited release only in the US.

It's at Target. It was printed in limited quantity, but I still see them at some Target stores.

Wouldn't you want something that wasn't already available as B-sides? Also, I doubt a re-release of old B-sides is really going to satisfy most fans. We want the Vertigo Tour, nothing less. Not b-sides or "surprise" shows.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

It's at Target. It was printed in limited quantity, but I still see them at some Target stores.

Wouldn't you want something that wasn't already available as B-sides? Also, I doubt a re-release of old B-sides is really going to satisfy most fans. We want the Vertigo Tour, nothing less. Not b-sides or "surprise" shows.

Xanax, Native Son and Mercy would be world exclusives in official CD quality.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

Xanax, Native Son and Mercy would be world exclusives in official CD quality.

u2fp

But you really think releasing these, which are already widely available via Apple or from other fans, is going to appease people who are waiting to hear an actual concert? I guess I don't get the point. Your posts seem to go off on all these tangents and never really address the point.

Shag On A Rock said:
A couple of things:

* Its not just Vertigo songs U2 need to rehearse, but Elevation songs as well as Elevation wasn't toured in Australia. Ages ago The Edge said that U2 would play some of the All That blah blah songs on the Vertigo tour as we missed out on the Elevation tour. (I have no idea how long it takes to rehearse songs I just wanted to point out the set list is supposed to be different for Australia, and more than likely NZ, Japan, and Hawaii too)

* U2 haven't been shown on Australian tv for ages. The South American shows may have been broadcast in South America but not here (unless I missed it
)

The 4 singles from ATYCLB were played in 2005: BD, Stuck. Elevation and Walk On.

Love Rescue Me, Love Is Blindness and One Hill Tree were starting to be played in the 2006 shows that were completed.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Love Rescue Me, Love Is Blindness and One Hill Tree were starting to be played in the 2006 shows that were completed.

:eyebrow: No they weren't. One Tree Hill was snippeted in November 2005, I believe because a fan passed up a sheet of paper or at least requested it. Love Rescue Me was just a snippet at the end of All I Want Is You. And Love Is Blindness was played in abbreviated form and I suspect impromptu.

Shag On A Rock said:
A couple of things:

* Its not just Vertigo songs U2 need to rehearse, but Elevation songs as well as Elevation wasn't toured in Australia. Ages ago The Edge said that U2 would play some of the All That blah blah songs on the Vertigo tour as we missed out on the Elevation tour. (I have no idea how long it takes to rehearse songs I just wanted to point out the set list is supposed to be different for Australia, and more than likely NZ, Japan, and Hawaii too)

* U2 haven't been shown on Australian tv for ages. The South American shows may have been broadcast in South America but not here (unless I missed it
)

didn't they miss out on south america for elevation too? they didn't really play any extra songs off atyclb then so I don't see how it will change for australia

LuvandPeace1980 said:

didn't they miss out on south america for elevation too? they didn't really play any extra songs off atyclb then so I don't see how it will change for australia

Oh? Okay. I was just going on what The Edge said. I don't mind if they don't play any All That blah blah songs. Thats not my most favouritest album anyway.

PS. You mentioned Perth gossip before. What was the gossip please? U2 to play Subi? or sumfin else?

Shag On A Rock said:

Oh? Okay. I was just going on what The Edge said. I don't mind if they don't play any All That blah blah songs. Thats not my most favouritest album anyway.

PS. You mentioned Perth gossip before. What was the gossip please? U2 to play Subi? or sumfin else?

Yeah a friend of mine mentioned they heard it on the radio or from someone.. Have to ask her again :drool:

THIS JUST IN: New Dates Will Be Announced Within Next 4 Months.

They want to make sure the shows are actually announced Before they take place.

It's about time for another "announcement" that they plan to have an "announcement" within the next week. Their last "week" expired yesterday.

It's all like a big game to these folks apparently. I really hope there's something special there, because it seems lame that there's so much "Drama" involved with rescheduling 10 shows.

Eight days and counting...

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1963

Tour dates within the NEXT week!

News just in: the previously postponed Vertigo '06 Tour dates are definitely being rescheduled and an announcement confirming all details will be made 'within the next week'.

Word is that the final details on shows are just about in place and an announcement is on the way. As usual U2.Com will be the first place to have the full story.

(07-10-2006) Tour dates within the NEXT week! - U2.com*

Back
Top Bottom