ok so who was at the tip on the outside of the ellipse for SD1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen shows in the US and Europe, and American fans are whimpy and whiny by comparison (and I'm American, mind you). The shows I went to in Holland and England were festive and joyous on the floor level. Lots of dancing, jumping, singing, jostling, etc.

No offense to the original poster, but lighten up. This is rock n' roll, not a trip to an art gallery. It gets pushy and shovy on the floor. And be thankful you're not seeing U2 during their Joshua Tree era, where the floor was an absolute madhouse.

yeah lighten up. for americans its so f**kin easy. why not put the seats back on the arena floors? remember sun devil stadium in rattle and hum during streets? the lights went up and the field is all in blocks with little signs? ha ha
in europe it's not as bad as it was cos they've put in the barriers.
i remember u2 in croke park in 87 and the front 50 yards was like a cattle pit, the steam off the crowd! how many were hospitalized i don't know. it's fun if you're young and fit. and everyone helps each other out. if you fall, ten people around you will get you up. if you want out they'll lift you to the front. if you want to piss, they don't mind if you splash them!
it's becoming more controlled but still its a free for all.
you're so lucky you've got such small GA areas indoors, being in or around the ellipse is like being in a pub gig. its so compact and it seems even the so-called nosebleed seats whivh you all complain about are good views.
don't complain.
maybe next year u2 will just do 20 stadium gigs around america, you will all have to travel 500 miles, and stand in the rain and shit and fight for half a view.

Back
Top Bottom