Ok I lied... (Lottery Poll)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Do you want a lottery system?

• Yes, I want the same lottery system.

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • No, I don't want to see any lottery system.

Votes: 71 57.3%
  • I want to see a lottery system, but one that is modified to make it more fair (explain how)

Votes: 20 16.1%

• Total voters
u2wedge said:

You're right, they could have just gone through the motions and scanned your ticket, I agree. But seriously.. I think that there comes some responsibility when you are holding a GA ticket for a U2 show to get there as early as possible. I'm the biggest 'I've got a job and can't stand in line all day' advocate there is, BUT I still took as much time as I could off of work and got to the venue as early as possible. You have to admit that getting to the venue 10 minutes before ANY show, let alone a U2 show seriously cuts down on chances at good GA positioning.

In your case you didn't wind up in any worse spot on the floor as you would have if there was no lottery... AND you STILL had the chance to get in the ellipse as you know they hand out wristbands on the floor. How many chances do you want?

no, you are wrong. the point of the lottery is not to make the GA ticket holder have the responsibility of getting there as early as possible. The lottery enables the GA ticketholder to show up at the respcetive time on the ticket and expect to get scanned for the lottery. obviously, GA positioning is blown, unless I get into the ellipse, which i was not scanned for.

how many chances do i want? how about the one chance to get scanned in? one of the points of the lottery is to discourage fans from waiting outside all day. they usually don't even let GA ticket holders into the venue until 6-6:30, and usually don't even scan until around 6:30. you're telling me 50 minutes later and the ellipse is full? bullcrap.

I voted yes to lottery, but make it more fair.
Only people who scanned in can get in, and only one other person can get in with them. None of that letting 4 or 6 or 8 people in on one scan.

For the record, I only did GA once and I didn't get scanned in. I couldn't afford to camp out all night or get any other GA tickets.

Chizip said:

well you can still have an ellipse area with a stage in the round

i present my stage idea for the vertigo tour :wink:

vstage2.jpg

Hey, does anyone have the Phoenix General Admission chart handy? The one with a B-stage that extended from the ellipse? My point is that U2 in the round may not be the best way to go. It's probable that a heart/ellipse plus B-stage would open up many more rail spots instead. Anyway, just a thought...

nurse chrissi said:
My first thought is no lottery at all too - first come first serve all the way

but I also think that something should be in place for those people can't physically wait in line all day - a wirst band system is great in the morning but in reality all that did was make people wait in line all night - you just can't win

I posted in the other thread that u2.com members should get actual Ellipse (or whatever shape the next tour comes in - note to u2 - STAGE IN THE ROUND) ) tickets to 2 shows if they want them - that way you could wait in line all day for a rail spot or just come at show time and still be in the ellipse

Notwithstanding the naysaying, Nurse Chrissi's idea works IF you make the ellipse limited to PRESALE FAN GA's. I talked about this a long time ago. Basically, you sell 200 fan GA's to each show. Whoever gets'em, goes into the ellipse. That's it. This way, for each home town show, the ellipse would be filled with home town people. People from France (no offense) should not be in the ellipse in New York unless the french person paid a ransom on ebay for the FAN GA.

BTW, I voted yes for the lottery. I scanned in four times showing up after 7:30 p.m., and I am not apologizing. :wink:

MTEdge said:

My point is that U2 in the round may not be the best way to go.

Agreed. Unless you knowingly buy a rear-view seat, I can't imagine how many people would be pissed to buy a ticket and see U2 from the back for 3/4 of the show...myself included. [enter PLEBAn appreciation of U2 rear-ends here :wink: ]

straight up ticketmaster lottery...
and to combat people spreading themselves out, you can only bring in people that are adjacent to you if you win

How about this no lottery and free martini's or Jack n Coke to everyone in line just to hand it to Alison.:drool: :wink:

I saw Peter Gabriel live at Staples Center a few years ago, in-the-round. Was quite interesting. And he did have an open floor. I'm trying to find pictures online....

gabriel-circle.jpg

gabriel-segway.jpg

gabriel-green.jpg

gabriel-028.jpg

There's many more pics (and clips) here: http://www.theblisspages.com/cms.php?id=177 - I actually had seats that, for a hockey game, would be center ice, loge. It was frickin awesome...

Back
Top Bottom