Oakland II Setlist Watch And Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the insight Mofo and Miroslava. I travel by myself all the time too, actually did go to Argentina by myself in 2004 and loved it, which is why I'm aiming for there, still stuff I haven't seen. And U2. :)

Foreigners at US shows :up: There was a British (I'm pretty sure) couple in front of me, in the near-nosebleeds at Boston 1 in October and they were the best pair around, dancing and getting into it much more than anyone else around me.

u2wedge said:
And it's not like we knew there'd be a 4th leg, so if we want to fly over there now, we'll be free to do so!

:huh: You've just had two entire legs of concerts with more concerts than these two countrines combined have ever had.

Don't you see my point?

Axver said:
Sorry, missed the edit ...

No-one else has said so ... :shrug:

As I pointed out before, the US gets over 50 shows and two tour legs. Australia's privileged if U2 even play four shows in the country; New Zealand's lucky if it's even thought of. I think the locals deserve to attend and enjoy their concerts, that's all. How is that offensive?

it's not offensive in and by itself. Americans should be able to enjoy their concerts too. And they do, it's just that they welcome people from all over the globe to enjoy it with them. I guess Australians are different?

What would you have said if someone told you to stay in Australia as we'd really prefer to enjoy these American shows with only Americans in attendance. You wouldn't be offended?! :huh:

Axver said:
Sorry, missed the edit ...

No-one else has said so ... :shrug:

As I pointed out before, the US gets over 50 shows and two tour legs. Australia's privileged if U2 even play four shows in the country; New Zealand's lucky if it's even thought of. I think the locals deserve to attend and enjoy their concerts, that's all. How is that offensive?

Actually...you have a better chance of getting a ticket in Auckland than you would in Los Angeles...there's a lot more people here vying for a lot fewer tickets.:wink:

we are trying to get the streams/sound quality straightened out, so have some patience

Axver said:

:huh: You've just had two entire legs of concerts with more concerts than these two countrines combined have ever had.

Don't you see my point?

As long as they dont bring the scalpers down with them....

"Tickets? Tickets? Tickets? Tickets? Tickets?" :lmao:.....I had nightmares about that!

Pop Artist said:
Thanks for the insight Mofo and Miroslava. I travel by myself all the time too, actually did go to Argentina by myself in 2004 and loved it, which is why I'm aiming for there, still stuff I haven't seen. And U2. :)

Well if you happen to go to Mexico or Monterrey (which I can almost confirm from reliable sources) you are more than welcome to come, but maybe I was a bit quick to answer about Mexico, it's not the safest place to be, but it's also not the most dangerous place to live in as the media puts it, I go there quite a lot because I have family in there, you just have to know where to go, anyway if they do come I am planning on going to both Mexico and Monterrey

btw, queen bee's and my streams should be playing the same thing

so if you cant connect to one of ours, then try the others

if you are listening to mine and have problems, let me know

u2wedge said:

it's not offensive in and by itself. Americans should be able to enjoy their concerts too. And they do, it's just that they welcome people from all over the globe to enjoy it with them. I guess Australians are different?

What would you have said if someone told you to stay in Australia as we'd really prefer to enjoy these American shows with only Americans in attendance. You wouldn't be offended?! :huh:

I'm saying Americans are essentially spoilt with a huge amount of shows while we rarely get any. You guys know you'll have a tour while New Zealanders think we'll never see U2 in our country ever again.

Do you see the point?

Westport said:

Actually...you have a better chance of getting a ticket in Auckland than you would in Los Angeles...there's a lot more people here vying for a lot fewer tickets.:wink:

4.2 million into 50,000 is what Auckland's equation will be. :wink:

LA's will be somthing into 70,000ish factoring in Anahiem is just down the road + Oakland + SD + Phoenix X 2.

Axver said:

I'm saying Americans are essentially spoilt with a huge amount of shows while we rarely get any. You guys know you'll have a tour while New Zealanders think we'll never see U2 in our country ever again.

Do you see the point?

Yes, do you see mine?

Axver, the issue (from my perspective) seems simple, if you are wondering why some people might have their feathers ruffled.

You said, "So frankly, I'd prefer to see Australians and New Zealanders at these concerts than Americans"

That sounds exclusionary and unkind. There are many Americans here on interference who were the first to congratulate you, who were so excited on your behalf, and who could not wait for you to post so they could see your reaction to the formal news. You do not seem to be returning that generosity of spirit.

It's also unfortunate to see what seems to be pettiness before the dates have even been announced...isn't there plenty of time for people to be competitive and mean with each other once the new legs start?

timothius said:

4.2 million into 50,000 is what Auckland's equation will be. :wink:

LA's will be somthing into 70,000ish factoring in Anahiem is just down the road + Oakland + SD + Phoenix X 2.

Anyone know the combined metro populations of LA, Anaheim, Oakland, SD and Phoenix?

The thing I found about Mexico City (was just there a little over a year ago) is the transportation... Moving around can be a bit of a nightmare if you don't know what you're doing. As a single woman, I dont know that I'd get on a cab and the buses are crazy. There's metros too, but dunno... And again, I don't intimidate easily... For me personally, it just would not be worth the hassle and it's not lile lil ol' me is deprived of shows or anything :reject:

So yeah, if anything, Monterrey it is :wink:

Axver said:

Don't you see my point?

American's finance the whole tour .... without our $$$ , there would be no 4th leg ... I'm glad there going to the Southern Hemisphere ... but we paid for it ... the band will not make another POPMART mistake , the only $$$ they make down there is from T Shirt Sales :rolleyes:

Hopefully there will be some "Good" recordings :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom