Oakland II Setlist Watch And Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
u2wedge said:

Well if you weren't sarcastic, then I guess I wasn't either.

After you took advantage of the USA's welcome when you few stateside, the least you could do is extend the same courtesy/attitude to those who want to fly your way, that's all I'm saying.

It's not like there's going to be 20000 Americans at your shows for crying out loud! :wink:

As Khanada put it so well, "there's a bit of a difference between people coming [to the USA] from countries that got skipped during elevation and people here in the states that get two legs every tour going over there."

How in the world did I "take advantage" of anything in the US? I honestly find that offensive, and I was never trying to offend anyone with my post. I was simply expressing my desire that locals who rarely see U2 in their neck of the woods get to see the band.

I've always wanted to go to New Zealand... :hmm: Too bad I'm already saving up for a backpacking trip through Europe this summer. (AND COLLEGE!!) :sad:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've got a slightly better chance of attending than those answering "if i win the lottery." although at least in my case, i can say i also want to go so i can scout out potential future cities of residence. :wink:

I have just decided to leave my job to travel to New Zealand and Australia...

I'll be in the front row of every show.:wink:

Miroslava said:

I won't say 0% cause lord knows this band makes me do crazy stuff, so I'll say about 10%

I am not really expecting to hit any 4th leg shows UNLESS they do a date in Mexico that is NOT Mexico City... other than that, my tour is done this leg and I am fully aware that I have been extremely piggish this tour with the number of shows I am done and I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to do so and can honestly say that I have been as excited about the first show as the latest date...

BTW, is Mexico City really that bad? Had been thinking about that as a back up in case Argentina didn't pan out, but reading up on it, it doesn't seem to be the best place for a solo gal to be (although I can pass for Mexican if I don't open my mouth)...

Axver said:

As Khanada put it so well, "there's a bit of a difference between people coming [to the USA] from countries that got skipped during elevation and people here in the states that get two legs every tour going over there."

How in the world did I "take advantage" of anything in the US? I honestly find that offensive, and I was never trying to offend anyone with my post. I was simply expressing my desire that locals who rarely see U2 in their neck of the woods get to see the band.

take advantage is used in it's positive connotation there, Axver.

You said you didn't want to come across as rude, but it did. I was just saying that you never heard any US fans saying they didn't want Australians at the US shows, in fact, there were probably people cheering you on for coming over to see your Boston shows. If I wanted to fly to Australia, I'd expect the same attitude coming from you!

Westport said:
Sure there's a greater chance to seeing them here in the U.S. ...but at the same time...we're all struggling to get tickets wherever we are....and if we start trying to equate whether or not we'd be taking tickets away from someone who lives locally by traveling to Australia...the same thing can be said for someone who traveled to the U.S. to see a show from Australia or New Zealand...you still took away a ticket of a local someone over...the percentages might higher over here because there are more shows but its still the same thing...

I agree with the moral concept you but foward, but it is important noticing that it will be much, much, much more difficult to purchase a ticket to any show than it would be in America - thats just what you get when you try to fit a few million people into 100,000 every 8-13 years. :shrug:

10_2_13.gif

Axver said:

Hello,

as someone that tries to stay out of some of the "debates"

No one thinks you took advantage of the USA.

likewise if someone can afford to go to a show wherever, they also are not "taking advantage", they are just lucky dawgs, rich bastards, able to do what all of us wish we could do but can't afford to.

If anyone can get any tickets and are able to get there and go, SWEET. :)

There are not going to be thousands and thousands coming and no tickets available.

Same thing with Dublin. They don't get that many shows with the band that came out from them, but people always go for the experience.

Kudos to all that are able to enjoy a show. And more kudos to the person who will call in so we all get to listen too. :)

LOVE FOR ALL

u2wedge said:

take advantage is used in it's positive connotation there, Axver.

It has a positive connotation? :huh:

You know, if U2 had announced the 4th leg a whole lot earlier and if I didn't have a girlfriend currently living in the US, I wouldn't have made the trek across the Pacific. It's not like I flew over knowing full well U2 were going to play Auckland - as recently as a week ago, I thought U2 would never play New Zealand ever again.

And now Chizip's playing One Tree Hill! :love:

I've met fans from all over the world at U2 shows--it's been one interesting and I've made some friends. I do plan to go to New Zealand and maybe South America if I can coordinate my work schedule. When I was in Dublin Irish fans were so cool about having Americans there--no resentment whatsoever and some great conversations.

I now have visions of getting booed as an American in New Zealand :(

Axver said:

It has a positive connotation? :huh:

You know, if U2 had announced the 4th leg a whole lot earlier and if I didn't have a girlfriend currently living in the US, I wouldn't have made the trek across the Pacific. It's not like I flew over knowing full well U2 were going to play Auckland - as recently as a week ago, I thought U2 would never play New Zealand ever again.

And now Chizip's playing One Tree Hill! :love:

It has dual connotations. When you take advantage of an opportunity it's used in its positive sense. Opportunities are meant to be taken advantage of.

When you take advantage of an old lady, that's a negative connotation.

And it's not like we knew there'd be a 4th leg, so if we want to fly over there now, we'll be free to do so!

Pop Artist said:

BTW, is Mexico City really that bad? Had been thinking about that as a back up in case Argentina didn't pan out, but reading up on it, it doesn't seem to be the best place for a solo gal to be (although I can pass for Mexican if I don't open my mouth)...

there's nothing bad with Mexico City, but if they come to Monterrey you are more than invited to come

ok im going to connect to queen bees stream now, which will have the concert

Pop Artist said:

If Rafael is around, he can probably answer that in a more educated manner. I travel alone all the time (went to Peru by myself, Spain, etc.), and honestly, I am not sure if I'd be up for that and I am Mexican. On top of that, there's the big field + LOTS of people + U2 equation which does not necessarily appeal to me... :sick:

Sorry, missed the edit ...

u2wedge said:
You said you didn't want to come across as rude, but it did.

No-one else has said so ... :shrug:

As I pointed out before, the US gets over 50 shows and two tour legs. Australia's privileged if U2 even play four shows in the country; New Zealand's lucky if it's even thought of. I think the locals deserve to attend and enjoy their concerts, that's all. How is that offensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom