Oakland I Setlist Watch, Party, and Stream

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soprano In The Band

So. You know him as Christopher Moltisanti. He’s the nephew of Tony Soprano who is The Boss - and you don’t mess with either of them. Or you might get whacked... But, in real life, Christopher is actor Michael Imperioli and he’s a big U2 fan. And has been for a longtime fan. Not only has he seen the band on the current Vertigo Tour, he caught them on The Unforgettable Fire Tour back in 1984. We tracked Michael down to ask him some questions about seeing the current live show and his longtime affection for U2. (And by the way, if you’re not sure who Michael is referring to when he talks about which band member would play which part in The Sopranos, check out the cast list here)

U2.Com: You went to see U2 live in New York, was that the first time for you?
No, 20 years ago I went to the Unforgettable Fire Tour

U2.Com: Did the show live up to your expectations?
The concert exceeded my already high expectations

U2.Com: What was the atmosphere like at the gig?
It was like a family, a sense of community.

U2.Com: U2 have been 'family' for a quarter century... remind you of the Sopranos in any way?
Absolutely, sense of family also extends to fans and like Sopranos, part of the success.

U2.Com: If U2 were in The Sopranos, who would play who?
Bono - Tony Soprano
Edge - Silvio Dante
Adam Clayton - Johnny "Sack"
Larry Mullen Jr. - Paulie Walnuts

U2.Com: Got any favorite U2 songs and were you waiting for them to arrive in the set?
Sunday Bloody Sunday

U2.Com: Do you think U2's anti-violence stance might make them a bit unpopular with the Mob?
Most Mob guys are Republicans but they put aside politics for great music.

U2.Com: How did you first come across the band - and what is it they do for you?
The War Album

U2.Com: Something about the show that inspired you - took your breath away?
Sunday Bloody Sunday

U2.Com: What did you make of the production: video, lighting, staging, extra's?
It also creates a great sense of intimacy.

U2.Com: Can you see yourself as a rock star if you weren't an actor? Which band would you want to be in?
Dion and the Belmonts and I would be one of the Belmonts

U2.Com: How did the U2 show compare to other acts you've seen live?
It was one of the best show I've seen in years.

Zooropa1310 said:

So are you going to just stay after the show to get front row for tommorow? :wink:

.........I would............... :reject:

Hmmm, it depends on how, uh many spirits I have tonight...which won't be much 'cos I prefer to enjoy the show! I'll be there early tomorrow for sure!

caragriff said:
Soprano In The Band

So. You know him as Christopher Moltisanti. He’s the nephew of Tony Soprano who is The Boss - and you don’t mess with either of them. Or you might get whacked... But, in real life, Christopher is actor Michael Imperioli and he’s a big U2 fan. And has been for a longtime fan. Not only has he seen the band on the current Vertigo Tour, he caught them on The Unforgettable Fire Tour back in 1984. We tracked Michael down to ask him some questions about seeing the current live show and his longtime affection for U2. (And by the way, if you’re not sure who Michael is referring to when he talks about which band member would play which part in The Sopranos, check out the cast list here)

U2.Com: You went to see U2 live in New York, was that the first time for you?
No, 20 years ago I went to the Unforgettable Fire Tour

U2.Com: Did the show live up to your expectations?
The concert exceeded my already high expectations

U2.Com: What was the atmosphere like at the gig?
It was like a family, a sense of community.

U2.Com: U2 have been 'family' for a quarter century... remind you of the Sopranos in any way?
Absolutely, sense of family also extends to fans and like Sopranos, part of the success.

U2.Com: If U2 were in The Sopranos, who would play who?
Bono - Tony Soprano
Edge - Silvio Dante
Adam Clayton - Johnny "Sack"
Larry Mullen Jr. - Paulie Walnuts

U2.Com: Got any favorite U2 songs and were you waiting for them to arrive in the set?
Sunday Bloody Sunday

U2.Com: Do you think U2's anti-violence stance might make them a bit unpopular with the Mob?
Most Mob guys are Republicans but they put aside politics for great music.

U2.Com: How did you first come across the band - and what is it they do for you?
The War Album

U2.Com: Something about the show that inspired you - took your breath away?
Sunday Bloody Sunday

U2.Com: What did you make of the production: video, lighting, staging, extra's?
It also creates a great sense of intimacy.

U2.Com: Can you see yourself as a rock star if you weren't an actor? Which band would you want to be in?
Dion and the Belmonts and I would be one of the Belmonts

U2.Com: How did the U2 show compare to other acts you've seen live?
It was one of the best show I've seen in years.

So......... This guy is a moron :wink:

Zooropa1310 said:
I was hoping I could go to this one...

ya me too, I would've gone tonight if i didnt have to work late for election night =\ I guess this is the next best thing (maybe not)
Can't wait til tomorrow night tho :drool: have GA as well

Last time I saw u2 in oakland, it was @the same venue... anywhere on the floor is a good deal... the floor area is relatively small, or seemed that way

thanks, i am running on saskatchewan time, which is the only place in canada without daylight savings time, so i never know what time it is anywhere else except here, its kinda funny actually

I hope there's a 4th leg. In all the places they haven't toured yet. That way alot of people's moods on this board will be lifted and it will lead to an overall more productive experience, namely setlist parties! :D Imagine all of us as one big happy family! A hippie love-in U2 style!

:bono: "KUMBAYAAAAA meh Lord...."
:larry: "This is ridiculous"

also over at u2.com all of the sudden they have random fan reviews on the main page and they act like they had contacted the people prior to the show to be reviewers but there has never been an announcement about being a reviewer :huh:

(I just want the possible free GA that comes along with being a reviewer for u2.com - that way I can come up with great headlines like "Even better than the Real Thing in Oakland" and then spend 2 paragraphs on the fact that Brad Pitt was there :cute: )

Also - it is very bad that even though the 4th leg hasn't been announced I'm hoping for some nice dates in Mexico so I can see u2, stay in a fun all inclusive, and in general behave like I'm in college on spring break again)
:reject:

I don't know anything about the actor in question, but I would be pissed at the editing job u2.com did if I were him or his publisist.

Didn't his character want to write screenplays but was barely literate enough to string a few lines together, sort of how this interview makes him sound?

corianderstem said:

Were you smoking something special during Damian Marley?

:ohmy:

:wink:

Nah.....don't you remember? I said no that night to your cannabis spliff....:yes:

Rumored rehearsal list for tonight:

Coldplay's "Talk"
Humpty Dumpty Sat On A Wall
The Wooley Bully
Vertigo
Kings Of Leon's "The Bucket"
MOFO (acoustic)

nurse chrissi said:

Also - it is very bad that even though the 4th leg hasn't been announced I'm hoping for some nice dates in Mexico so I can see u2, stay in a fun all inclusive, and in general behave like I'm in college on spring break again)
:reject:

ooo, good times! Get back to me on that one :hyper:

U2dork said:
publisist

Oh god lord! :rolleyes: Like I'm one to talk about literacy! :laugh:

Like I've said before, I'm a math person. Spelling is more of a preference than a rule.

U2dork said:

Oh god lord! :rolleyes: Like I'm one to talk about literacy! :laugh:

Like I've said before, I'm a math person. Spelling is more of a preference than a rule.

Don't feel bad. I was a music major ... I can only count to four! (and sometimes six.)

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom