NYC MSG 10/14 - BEST SHOW of Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DPrinceNY said:
All bets on this date being the BEST SHOW of the 2nd leg of the Vertigo tour.
If u were lucky (as i was) to get tickets to this date u are in for a treat.

Impossible! The 2nd leg of the tour is over and they didn't play MSG... :lol:

I knew what you meant though.

Actually I'm hoping they open strong in Toronto...

I think either 10/10 or 10/11 are gonna be the ones to watch (or, hopefully, both!), they will revert back to a more standard list for 10/14. An educated hunch. Anyway, I have tix to all of them except 10/7 so it's all cool. :) I'm campaigning for Love Is Blindness taking the last spot of the first encore...

sometimes i wish i didn't live by a city where everyone from everywhere in the damn world wanted to come see a show... maybe then i would have gotten more and/or better tickets. :grumpy:

the 5/21 show was less than what i was expecting. the energy of the crowd was amazing, don't get me wrong... and hearing city of blinding lights in the building that inspired it was :drool: but the setlist was worse than standard... it was standard only with a second friggin vertigo replacing 40... at the very least i would have loved to have left the building to an echo of "how long to sing this song's..." but alas, vertigo... again.

if they continue the play vertigo twice thing on the third leg, i'll be pissed. when they did it spontaneously at the end of the first new jersey show... with larry's end of 40 drum solo leading into an encore of vertigo? that was kick ass cool... but using it as a planned encore? lame... lamity lame lame. lamer than lame.

anyhoo...

everytime u2 plays multiple dates in the same city, they've mixed up the setlist... even just a little bit. one would imagine it would be the same this time around.

Headache, U2 did add Jean Genie and Original to the MSG 5/21 setlist. Nevertheless, I totally agree with you that the show, from the band's perspective, was a bit off. With that said, I thought the crowd, especially my Section (40, ironically), was not great for that show either.

MSG crowds, otherwise, were amazing for the last four Elevation MSG shows I went to. I wasnt at the first Elevation show, which, by most accounts, was the best first MSG show during Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom