Notre Dame comment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reeldance

Babyface
Hey all,
Last night's 5/9 show in Chicago was AMAZING!!!! My boyfriend and I have a question though... at the very end of the show (second encore), we thought we heard Bono say something about Notre Dame before he walked off the stage. Anybody have any idea what he said when he put the spotlight down??
Thanks so much,
Mary

He said that Charlie Weis is the greatest coach in the history of mankind.

for real?

yes yes we all know that...

but seriously, does anyone who was at the show have any idea what it is he said about Notre Dame, if he said anything at all?

one of the reviews on another site claimed he dedicated it to a notre dame priest...lol i wish i was there to hear it for myself, but thanks for your info! anyone else? everyone must be at the show for night 3!

wow.. the plot grows and the mystery deepens

"when i was three, i thought the world revolved around me"

I was there too and it was something to the effect of:

"Goodnight Chicago and special thanks to Notre Dame University."

I graduated from ND and had 4 other alum friends there who all got a kick out of the comment, espcially calling it ND Univ.

much obliged nd10k, im a junior and of course any instance when a celebrity talks about the university is neat, but especially the biggest band on the planet

something definitely was said, and i thought i heard "notre dame" as well, but as to what was said we may have to see if it appears on the dvd.

cant wait for notre dame football season....didnt go there but for some reason i love the team and its history...maybe its cuz im irish american....i even have the leprechaun logo tattoed on my left arm.....weis will definitely make a huge difference as hes already getting recruits no one ever thought notre dame would get......:) :)

yeah well bono spoke at my graduation commencement at penn so all you ND peeps can suck it.

Don't be jealous that Bono will never, ever, ever mention Penn again. ;)

I was at the show, but didn't hear the ND comment. However, as I also am a ND graduate (got two advanced degrees there), it'll be fun to see if this makes it onto the DVD.

Last edited:
Double domer here... I was at the second chicago show and definetely heard the ND comment at the end.

Or at least thought I did.

I almost made up for the fact that I didn't get to hear "Please" live for the first time since '97, but then again, I wasn't expecting it either.

btw- seeing U2 at ND during my senior year... one of the best experiences of my life

PopMart2005 said:
Double domer here... I was at the second chicago show and definetely heard the ND comment at the end.

Or at least thought I did.

I almost made up for the fact that I didn't get to hear "Please" live for the first time since '97, but then again, I wasn't expecting it either.

btw- seeing U2 at ND during my senior year... one of the best experiences of my life

DAMN!!!!!!! I heard they were really fantastic at Notre Dame, both on and off stage.

I want them to come back! I'm going to Saint Mary's next year. It would be all too sweet!

Here's a story for all you domer fans....a good friend of mine who is graduating this weekend from the university was a freshman when u2 came for Elevation. It was the early afternoon and she was taking a walk to the grotto, which for those who dont know is a place to light candles and pray, its right in back of the basillica. When she arrived she was just about to start praying when a man put his arm around her shoulder. He asked, "what is this place" she explained it to him, and he then asked her to pray with him. It was Bono. Thats not just a U2 story, thats a Notre Dame story.

Domerflow said:
Here's a story for all you domer fans....a good friend of mine who is graduating this weekend from the university was a freshman when u2 came for Elevation. It was the early afternoon and she was taking a walk to the grotto, which for those who dont know is a place to light candles and pray, its right in back of the basillica. When she arrived she was just about to start praying when a man put his arm around her shoulder. He asked, "what is this place" she explained it to him, and he then asked her to pray with him. It was Bono. Thats not just a U2 story, thats a Notre Dame story.

No joke! Good story! :up: :up:

The same thing kind of happened with one of my advisors at Saint Mary's. She, too, was at the grotto when she looked over and saw no one else but Bono! Talk about answered prayers! :drool: :lol:

PopMart2005 said:

you never know... its happened once and they always said it never could...

This is true!

Maybe you would know something about this... but how did U2 end up there anyway?

A while ago, I think even before U2 had signed on to Notre Dame, I read a story about this guy and a girl from Notre Dame, who had gone to the studio and they came across Bono, met him, and all that jazz. They asked him if he would play Notre Dame and he said something to the tone of that he couldn't promise anything, but he'd see what he could do.

Back
Top Bottom