Nothings changed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy crap... That's hilarious. Yeah, looks like some things haven't changed. :wink:

It just blows my mind that they're whining about Achtung Baby and Zoo TV. I would have died to see one show on that tour. LOL!

I wonder which direction this fella took:

"Yeah, Bono said in an interview that they weren't going to be doing any
songs from before _Unforgettable Fire_, which sucks in my opinion seeing
as _War_ was my favorite U2 album.

In other concert news, I just got tickets for Genesis at Sullivan Stadium
for May 28th!"

Has he been been surfing the net these past few months looking for U2 Tickets or MP3s from some rare solo phil Collins gig?

:coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo:

Last edited:
I've just read all of it again and it's absolutely hysterical. :lmao: :lmao:

Complete with the personal attacks and everything. This is one of my favorite posts:

All this think starts to smell like damned big time. U2 started to fall right after "The Joshua Tree" which was still a very good record in my opinion. Anyway, so the world goes... I am honestly puzzled when I read that these guys are not playing their old stuff anymore - I mean not even a single song. This is bad, really. Anyway this is exactly what I meant when, last November or December, I wrote that the last U2 record was a sort of betrayal to me. I'll give them another chance with the next one - then I'll bury them.

Ciao, Marco

I wondered if he really did bury them. :wink:

_Achtung Baby_ is a failure....The songs on the new album are lyrical throw-aways.

What???....i stopped reading right there...

"For example, during "The
Fly", they kept displaying various words and messages on the screen, like
"Believe Everything You Hear", "Watch More TV" and so on. I don't think I
saw much of the group as I was really watching the visuals. Maybe that was
the plan. The visuals worked for me. One of my friends said he thought that
they were doing this because the new songs are so weak that this "covers
them up". It is a valid point."

:lmao:

This is freaking great!!! I love it!!! I would love to see what we'll be writing in 12 years! :laugh:

kellyahern said:
I guess that shows be careful what you write on the internet, it never really goes away :yikes:

You are so right. I've found things I've written years ago, and I am shocked it came from me.

For all to see. :ohmy:

Boy - nothing.
> October - nothing.
> War - nothing. That's right. Nothing.
> The Unforgettable Fire - "Pride", "Bad".
> No "New Year's Day", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "40", "Gloria", etc. Nothing was played from the first 3 albums.

I saw an interview with Bono on MTV. They asked him WHY they did nothing from the first 3 albums. He said with a serious attitude something like "We just didn't feel like it" and "I guess we lost a few fans, but who cares" I'm not the biggest U2 fan so I don't know if he always had this asshole attitude.

It just gets better!! Funny how now just about everyone complains that they're still playing New Year's Day.

What a great find after reading all the BS on these boards lately. I was at the show the guy was talking about. 1st leg of zoo in what used to be the Omni here in Atlanta. Before zoo tv headed to stadiums. Seen them several times since and it's still the best concert I've ever seen.

My all time favorite "I bet he feels stupid for writing that now" moment is still this quote from Kurt Loder's Unforgettable Fire review in Rolling Stone:

"Unfortunately, though, Bono's lyrics are too often a spew of artsy blather, unredeemed even by their own best intentions. Such lines as "True colors fly in blue and black/Through silken sky and burning flak" (from the song "Bad") apparently are intended to convey an image, a poetic truth, about the ravages of war. But the attempted metaphor is hopelessly muddled: If the "blue and black" refers to the traumatized flesh of war's victims, what are they doing flying through the sky? Why a "silken" sky?"

:lmao: I love that he's mad that "Bad" isn't logical.

Last edited:
this sort of shit is why i liked u2 in the first place.

----

"I saw an interview with Bono on MTV. They asked him WHY they did nothing from
the first 3 albums. He said with a serious attitude something like "We just
didn't feel like it" and "I guess we lost a few fans, but who cares"

----

no way would he say that now. ah yes...the 90's were their glory days weren't they.

"Anyway this is exactly what I meant when, last November or December,
I wrote that the last U2 record was a sort of betrayal to me.
I'll give them another chance with the next one - then I'll bury them.

Ciao, Marco"

he must have been pissed when zooropa came out!
:lol:

This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! Definitely makes my day. I can't wait to go through some of these. I seriously wonder if all the people who wrote these messages then, feel the same way now. I think it would be funny to know if any of these people are now on here (they actually may be the same people stirring up all the negative thoughts to the tour now) either way - this was a great find!

http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=u2...lm=9203122039.aa10721@dec4ie.ieunet.ie&rnum=5

"OK. There is a very simple answer to that. "Love is Blindness" is a bettersong than "40". There. I've said it. HERETIC. THWOW HIM TO THE FWOOR. If necessary I'll explain why I think so, but it's not a big point. So tell me I'm wrong. You can't argue taste. What you CAN do, and John HAS done is to argue that older and more established = better. Like a comfortable pair of old shoes. In a couple of years, younger people than us who are just starting to listen to U2 will grieve when they stop playing "Love is Blindness" at the end of their shows, replacing it with their latest offering.

You're taking it all to seriously to say that "40" is going to die
just because U2 don't play it anymore. There is just no thought behind thatargument at all."

"40" is not dead now!

CPTLCTYGOOFBALL said:
I wonder which direction this fella took:

"Yeah, Bono said in an interview that they weren't going to be doing any
songs from before _Unforgettable Fire_, which sucks in my opinion seeing
as _War_ was my favorite U2 album.

In other concert news, I just got tickets for Genesis at Sullivan Stadium
for May 28th!"

Has he been been surfing the net these past few months looking for U2 Tickets or MP3s from some rare solo phil Collins gig?

:coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo: :coocoo:

Hey man, don't diss old Phil. As much as I love our Larry, Phil could out-drum him in a heartbeat!

U2IrishOne said:
This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! Definitely makes my day. I can't wait to go through some of these. I seriously wonder if all the people who wrote these messages then, feel the same way now. I think it would be funny to know if any of these people are now on here (they actually may be the same people stirring up all the negative thoughts to the tour now) either way - this was a great find!

I'm sure they're the same type of fans that bought into the tripe that ATYCLB and the Elevation tour was a "welcome return to their roots".

Not to diss the album or anything, because I quite like it. Sorry if I offended anyone, as that wasn't my intention.

kellyahern said:
My all time favorite "I bet he feels stupid for writing that now" moment is still this quote from Kurt Loder's Unforgettable Fire review in Rolling Stone:

"Unfortunately, though, Bono's lyrics are too often a spew of artsy blather, unredeemed even by their own best intentions. Such lines as "True colors fly in blue and black/Through silken sky and burning flak" (from the song "Bad") apparently are intended to convey an image, a poetic truth, about the ravages of war. But the attempted metaphor is hopelessly muddled: If the "blue and black" refers to the traumatized flesh of war's victims, what are they doing flying through the sky? Why a "silken" sky?"

:lmao: I love that he's mad that "Bad" isn't logical.

LOL!

digsy said:
"Anyway this is exactly what I meant when, last November or December,
I wrote that the last U2 record was a sort of betrayal to me.
I'll give them another chance with the next one - then I'll bury them.

Ciao, Marco"

I guess things don't change, this could have been written by some people on this board now.

Back
Top Bottom