North American vs. European Setlists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on Chizip! Explain why ZooTv was all about the outdoors!
Don't hide behind your enthusiasm for arena shows...

Are you kidding me?
You think that when people look back on ZooTv, they think just as much about the arena shows as the stadium shows?
I think the outdoor shows rocked the roof of the arenas.

i think when people look back to ZooTV they long for the intimacy of the arena shows

I think when people look back they are amazed at the intimacy U2 created in stadiums

Chizip said:
i think when people look back to ZooTV they long for the intimacy of the arena shows

zootv indoor kicked major ass...best intro ever: I've could have lost you part with bono...zooropa was just as cool...

That I agree with.
And how nice, back then, that there were no bitching about the setlists.
For me: 1 indoor, 2 outdoor.

pulle28 said:
That I agree with.

all I got was a nintendo back then :wink:

Did it include the "Clayton-Game", where you need to make sure that Adam gets onstage?
You know: Lead him away from hashpipes, supermodels, etc.?
You loose if the technician has to do his job.

pulle28 said:
Did it have the game where you need to make sure that Adam gets onstage?
You know: Lead him away from hashpipes, supermodels, etc.?
You loose if the technician has to do his job.

I was never able to finish that one back then:wink:

I heard the new game goes like this: Make Larry smile just after you blow up his motorcycle.

I personally think both indoor and outdoor shows were great. What they need to do is cram the outdoor stage in an arena. Now that would be something.

edited to say: Well if they can repeat Vertigo twice, there's no reason they can't do ZooTV again.

Last edited:
pulle28 said:
That I agree with.

Ha, Ha. Yeah right. Hate to break it to you but setlist bitching when it comes to U2 has been around almost since the beginning.

Here's some from Zoo TV:

http://groups.google.ca/group/bit.l...=1806%40wrdis01.af.mil&rnum=1#694d9c141353b7a

It would be nice if people could move on from tour to tour, but that's never been the case with this band.

Sken said:
I personally think both indoor and outdoor shows were great. What they need to do is cram the outdoor stage in an arena. Now that would be something.
I liked both too... But Zooropa had something special... I don't know, thát tour will never be topped...

ZooTV/Zooropa/Zoomerang :) will never be topped, that is unless the band gets their balls back and releases a kickass rock album and are willing to fuck up the mainstream and get an attitude again.

Sken said:
ZooTV/Zooropa/Zoomerang :) will never be topped, that is unless the band gets their balls back and releases a kickass rock album and are willing to fuck up the mainstream and get an attitude again.

:rockon:

well this is easy, European setlists are major dissapointments compared to the North American, the only exception being Dublin 3.

The 'production' on this tour was more spectacular in the arenas imo. The songs played were more interesting and varied in the arenas. Only one conclusion imo

But in defence of the stadium shows...the support bands are better and the 'zoo tv' encore is the one part of the show that improves on the arena show.

Guess this gives an indication as to zooropa vs zoo tv also ????

I don't think either legs of the tour have had better setlists than the other. It's all a matter of personal opinion, depends on whether you like more Boy songs, or All I Want is You/Miss Sarajavo/etc...but for the most part, they've been the same songs. I don't really see any glaring inequalities. :shrug:

oh, and the theory that the American shows are tailored to more conservative audiences who are less open to new things is kind of odd. The first leg saw An Cat Dubh/ITH and The Ocean, and the second leg is getting Still Haven't Found and All I Want is You.

Personally, I favour the North American setlists. A greater involvement of old material, better openers, and Vertigo twice was a fun novelty rather than a regular.

Europe's had some pretty cool stuff introduced too - especially Miss Sarajevo! - but Vertigo x2 is a pain and it's lacking some of the things that were awesome in America, such as Bad and Gloria. UTEOTW vanished way too fast too!

ramblin rose said:

Ha, Ha. Yeah right. Hate to break it to you but setlist bitching when it comes to U2 has been around almost since the beginning.

Here's some from Zoo TV:

http://groups.google.ca/group/bit.l...=1806%40wrdis01.af.mil&rnum=1#694d9c141353b7a

It would be nice if people could move on from tour to tour, but that's never been the case with this band.

Oh my god that is hilarious. As Larry said: "Same shit, different decade."

As for this debate...I think the 3rd leg is the best :wink: I know it hasn't happened yet, but when it does, it will rule, and U2 will actually play something from Pop, and Dirty Day. Because I want them to and U2 is clearly here to cater to my needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom