No-Show Setlist Party! Join the fun and bring your requests!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Well, there isn't a U2 show today. There's no venue, no lighting, no crew ... but U2 are most certainly putting on a rocking setlist for everyone at Interference! They're not letting the lack of an actual show stop them!

Negotiations lasted right up until nearly the last minute, but the opening acts have FINALLY been confirmed! First, at 5pm US eastern (7am Australian eastern), we will see a little known ethereal, atmospheric group named Passengers perform a set, and following them will be a young Dublin band called Feedback. I hear they are vibrant and passionate, so that should be an entertaining set!

And yes, it has been confirmed U2 will be taking requests from the audience - TWICE during the show! They haven't said quite when the requests will be taken, but hinted the first instance will come during the first half of the main set. So when Bono asks for requests, have them ready! You may be lucky!

Enjoy the no-show! It is sure to rock!

*deranged super-fan scream*
iiieeeee!!!!
First post!

Request:
A Celebration - just because they'll never play it again for real.
Edit: oh, wait. I'm too early for requests. Well, if I'm not here when they ask for requests, somebody resubmit this for me, please.

meh...ill stay for a bit. time is money yadda yadda yadda

p.s. so what time does the 'show' start GMT?? :huh:

Ehm, wasn't this supposed to happen on Sunday????

:wave:

Anyway, the crowd has already begun calling for A Man and A Woman.

U2Man said:
Ehm, wasn't this supposed to happen on Sunday????

:wave:

Anyway, the crowd has already begun calling for A Man and A Woman.

It is Sunday here in Australia! I said Sunday my time, Saturday US time.

And uh, regarding the GMT question, 7am eastern Australian is GMT+10, so ... 9pm. But is England on daylight saving? (And isn't mainland Europe an hour ahead?) I'm confused now. 7am my time, when the first opening act begins, is in roughly half an hour!

Princey said:

pfft...what do the crowd know? :madspit:

You're telling me you don't want to hear this song? :angry: :angry: :angry:

(A fight is at the brink of breaking out in the crowd)

U2Man said:

Don't make me send Larry down there to give all of you two words ...!

Axver said:

It is Sunday here in Australia! I said Sunday my time, Saturday US time.

And uh, regarding the GMT question, 7am eastern Australian is GMT+10, so ... 9pm. But is England on daylight saving? (And isn't mainland Europe an hour ahead?) I'm confused now. 7am my time, when the first opening act begins, is in roughly half an hour!

Well, OK!! :wink: It's 10.30 pm here in Denmark.

so 7am Eastern Oz time is 10pm UK time...i think...

show may start a bit late for me then dammit - i lose my internet connection at 11pm. :(

U2dork said:
A Man and A Woman
It's like a Pleban mating call.
:drool:

Good, the A Man and a Woman people seem to constitute a majority. U2 won't be able to ignore them.

U2Man said:

i would gladly fight to the death over man and a woman being played over something else when we get the chance to do requests for any song we like :wink:

Ooooh, 13,000 posts! How shall I celebrate this occasion? :hmm: Let's be random.

ZOOROPA! :rockon:

Princey said:
so 7am Eastern Oz time is 10pm UK time...i think...

show may start a bit late for me then dammit - i lose my internet connection at 11pm. :(

:(

Well, at least you will be able to enjoy the Passengers and hopefully the Feedback set!

congrats on the 13,000 posts Axver!
lets hope 13 is not an unlucky number for you cos if it is youve got alot of posts to get through before you start having good fortunes again!

as for the Passengers set, i have a feeling its going to be a little self-indulgent...

Princey said:
congrats on the 13,000 posts Axver!
lets hope 13 is not an unlucky number for you cos if it is youve got alot of posts to get through before you start having good fortunes again!

as for the Passengers set, i have a feeling its going to be a little self-indulgent...

Well, I'm not superstitious ... and I post like mad so hopefully I'll be safe soon. :wink: These setlist parties certainly do the post count no harm!

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Passengers treat us to! I think it'll be an interesting set. About fifteen minutes to go now!

The Passengers are taking the stage ...

1. SLUG!

:drool: Gorgeous intro :drool:

Hey everyone! :wave: The best way to spend a Saturday afternoon, I say!

Can't wait to get started!
11.gif

Hi all! I'm playing Passengers at the moment, as I don't think I've ever heard it :reject:

And also waiting for my lunch to arrive...
13.gif

(Guess you liked the dancing man, didn't you Numb? :giggle: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom