No offense to anybody here but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Such intense drama!!!

For most it's good intentions to get attention, then we get in a crowd...competition for space, for attention and as human animals we lose it!

My experience with the guy next to me on the inside ellipse rail after Bono finished the SBS drum solo. The security guard handed the stick to me and my friend and the guy literally tried to wrestle it out of our hands. We let go because of the spirit of the song and the utter disbelief...but we didn't let it ruin our full experience.

I'll print out my Lennon Tribute sign on the other side of my One cloth from Toronto and make sure I hold it up only when others hold theirs up. But hopefully being in the seats it shouldn't block anyone's view!

I'll share my experience.
As you know i'm from Brazil and the last time i saw U2 concerts was in 1998, in stadiums. This tour i could save money and plannig for months to go to Miami to see the concerts. I left my 3 kids whith my husband in Brazil to go to Miami and Tampa shows ( and it was not easy ).
I've been a fan since 1984 and i 'd like to see the full band on stage, near me, then i choose to see them in Arenas.
I had problems whith pre-sales, my codes didn't work, the hotels were full ( because the hurricanes) and the ticket didn't scaned (I just picked up at Will Call Box)!!!!
I brought a little Brazilian flag 50 x 50 cm, that i shook whith one hand when i was jumping, the guy behind me tryed to take the flag out of my hand. Can you imagine my feelings, seeing the and after 7 years right in front of me (i was in 2nd row, nex to rail at Adams side)? I'd just like that they seen my Flag and emember to go to my country.
Luckily when Bono went to sing WOWY, i could show my sign to Adam, " Thank You, see you in Brazil ".
Of course i'd like to dance whith Bono, but i hadn't chance, if i went to 10 shows and been at rail every shows, i think Bono'd remember me.

(I'm sorry for my English mistakes)

MysteryGirl said:
Right... he read mine out loud on 12/5. It said "In memory of our friend Roy Orbison - Apr. 23, '36 - Dec. 6, '88" ()See footnote end of this post) I wasn't expecting him to read it out loud! I was holding it over the rail no higher than my shoulders. When I became aware that Bono was trying to read it, I held it higher so he could. Some girl yelled for me to put it down because it was blocking people's view. That is the only time I ever held a sigh that high except for when all the fans were holding up the ONE signs later in the show. I had made one of my own...my art classes where we did lettering and sign making back in 1982 came in handy :lmao: 0 it said ONE with a Peace sign in the middle of the O. As for the other signs that everyone had, someone had written "ONE" on a page and made copies to pass around. Had I known they were doing that, I'd have offered my sign-making skills. :D I thought it was a neat ida. As for getting on stage, if Bono ever asked me, I wouldn't argue ;) but I've never tried. Until THIS year, I've always had horrible stage fright. Although I overcame it this year (and not at a U2 show) I still don't know how I'd react to being in front of 20,000 people!! :eek: And as for my front/rail spot, I do the camp-out or arrive at 6am thing because I'm short, partially sighted (legally blind) and have balance/equilibrium challenges due to a physical challenge. So I go for the rail so I can see, and so I can hang on to the rail for dear life. Try and get my spot and you see my Aries/Taurus cusp side, (stubborn with a temper). LOL! I am a nice person, just don't try for my spot, you'll meet with resstance! LOL! At a recent show, the girls next to me complained they didn't have enough space, well, she had as much space as everyone else, and she wanted room to flail her arms around. When you're up front like that, there's room to pogo (and I pogoed, while still hanging on to the rail, LOL) but arm-flailing belongs where there's more room. When I said something to herm, she proceeded to say something about me complaining about her "bumping into me" to the guy behind her, I said something to her and she pulled the "I wasn't talking about you" cop-out. Yeah right, I never heard anyone else say anything! Say it to my face like I said it to your face, girlie, know what I mean!? I just wasn't all about the whining. I decided to ignore her after that. She said something about my sign too (no, it wasn't blocking her view) but her tune seemed to change after Bono read it out loud. (And no, I wasn't competing with her or anyone else with the sign.) BTW, there were two girls to my left with cloth signs, and I was doing my best to hold my sign in such a way as to not block theirs.

Suffice it to say, there's one (or more than one) in every crowd!

Incidentally, I got some decent pix of the girls who danced with Bono in Miami, and I enjoyed their thrilled reactions when I was able to send them copies! (Right, Lisette?? ;) )

~~~Footnote: The "our friend" refers to the fact that Roy Orbison was friends of the band's, but also, I operated Roy's fan club in the early/mid 1980s until I resigned, and when I went through a rough time, the Orbisons helped me out. (Long story, won't go into it here because this is a U2 board.)

Where you on the rail in front of Adam?
If so I was the girl with the glittery Bono heart tshirt that he autographed for me, we made a couple of cloth signs very quickly after meeting Bono Adam and Edge.
I noticed that when he was reading all the signs and laughing that you made some room for ours thanks very much!

kellyahern said:
I think my favorite sign that I saw was in Seattle. It said something like, "Adam, I have your spoon!"

That gave me a good chuckle and I think Adam laughed when he saw it too :giggle:.

Nah, it was lame.

U2Man said:

Nah, it was lame.

I guess you had to be there :shrug:

Like me and corianderstem
5b96680b.gif

Seattle concert ruled, yo. Word to yo motha.

I think maybe some fan-on-fan action in the Portland ellipse could really get the band's attention ... :hmm:

Who's with me? :hyper:

Hi Mrs. Edge, and Niamh_Saoirse, great to meet you. Niamh_Saoirse - I think I know who you are but what do you look like, I wanna be sure???? turi001, where were you? Glad it was a hilight for you...believe me, it was for me, too!! :D :D :D

Bono's Tart said:

Where you on the rail in front of Adam?
If so I was the girl with the glittery Bono heart tshirt that he autographed for me, we made a couple of cloth signs very quickly after meeting Bono Adam and Edge.
I noticed that when he was reading all the signs and laughing that you made some room for ours thanks very much!
YES! That was me! :D :D And I liked your shirt! Did you meet the 3 guys that day? Where? That's so cool. I've met Bono a few times and Edge twice, but not Larry or Adam (yet). BTW the girl on the other side of me wanted me to push you guys back over. That would be a NO!! :rolleyes:

Well, I just realized, I have a correction to make. Bono's Tart and friend with the cloth signs were on my left. The whining arm-flailer was on my right.

Guess I had a dyslexic moment! :lmao:

Sgn me up for Portland ellipse action :drool:

RedrocksU2 said:

ME!....pick me!......:drool:

Bring me a signed and notarized statement from your wife stating her agreement with this and then we'll talk :sexywink:

:lol:

Ahh, OK!! :) I remember talking to Kimla, too. There was also a guy named Brad...he, Susan and I had a line partner trio going...forst it was me and Susan and then he got in on it too. Boy I was sooo thrilled to get scanned in on my last show, just like on my first (Denver 4/20, my BD) and both times they did "my song" :D Susan, thanks!!! She scanned in so that's hopw I got in.

BTW I posted a photo as well. :)

Chizip said:

Well I'm going to display it after streets, and it's going to say "WOW...you need new material"

im hoping he rips it up and asks, "hows that for new material?" :drool:

:lmao: :heart:

BonosBaby12 said:
I think it comes down to greediness that some fans are showing. Not to sound all goody or anything but isn't U2 supposed to bring fans together? Personally I have made a few friends on here which I think is cool. Great feeling to share a love of a band so much with someone else! The fightning,the greed,name calling and all of that does ruin it some though.

i skipped most of the thread, but this sums it up for me.

MysteryGirl said:
YES! That was me! :D :D And I liked your shirt! Did you meet the 3 guys that day? Where? That's so cool. I've met Bono a few times and Edge twice, but not Larry or Adam (yet). BTW the girl on the other side of me wanted me to push you guys back over. That would be a NO!! :rolleyes:

Thanks Bono liked it as well!!
We met them at the hotel in the afternoon then to get scanned into the ellipse on my ticket just finished off a perfect day.

As for the girl the other side of you we had already clocked her!!:madspit: Cheeky cow we had been in ages before her, but Ithink she was the only nasty person in that area everyone else seemed to be a normal fan!
Thanks for telling her to take a hike though!

Bono's Tart said:

Thanks Bono liked it as well!!
We met them at the hotel in the afternoon then to get scanned into the ellipse on my ticket just finished off a perfect day.

As for the girl the other side of you we had already clocked her!!:madspit: Cheeky cow we had been in ages before her, but Ithink she was the only nasty person in that area everyone else seemed to be a normal fan!
Thanks for telling her to take a hike though!

Julie, I´ve just seen a pic of you talking to Bono outside the hotel. Let me see if I can find it.

:lmao: believe me, I was holding back, too! And I was nice letting her have the space (which one was saving a space for which??) I wondered about that too, I was looking for a number on her hand and didn't see one, so I was like...hmmmm...!! :rolleyes: After the show, my sarcastic side came out and I said something like "See? We all got our spaces and it's all good." She muttered something about me being mean...Oh good gawd, whatever, I just laughed it off. Somewhere along the line I heard her say something about jealousy...well I think she was the jealous one in the end, but what do I care, I'm not there to compete. I was there to have a good time, with U2, and with the other fans!

Back
Top Bottom