No Lottery for Fan Club Members?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luis.mf

Babyface
What the fuck is up with this!?! From the CAA website:

>>U2 General Admission Line Management Policy
Tuesday, May 17 and Wednesday, May 18, 2005
Continental Airlines Arena

Policy for Patrons Holding General Admission “GA” Floor Tickets

General Admission ticket holders violating any of the following policies will be removed from the GA line and subject to ejection from the Meadowlands Sports Complex.

* GA ticket holders may begin lining up at the Continental Airlines Arena no earlier than 8:00 AM on the day of the concert. Each person in line must be in possession of a valid GA ticket.
* The GA line will form along the inside of the arena perimeter fence. The line will start directly behind the guard booth located in front of the Arena Box Office between gates A and D and will wrap along the fenceline towards gate D.
* The GA line area will be cordoned off with barricades and monitored by Continental Airlines Arena security personnel.
* Upon arrival, each guest in possession of a valid GA ticket will be issued a sequentially numbered wristband (i.e. 101, 102, 103, etc.) that will be immediately fastened to the wrist by security personnel. Wristbands will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis beginning at 8:00 AM. Once a ticket holder receives a wristband, they must remain in line in sequential order. No exceptions. Entry into the Arena will be done in the order that the wristbands were distributed.
* The wristband must remain on the ticket holder’s wrist for entry into the Arena. Loss or removal of the wristband will forfeit their place in line. All discrepancies will be placed at the end of the line. A guest in possession of a tampered wristband will have their wristband confiscated and lose their place in line.
* Each GA ticket holder must be present to obtain a wristband. Ticket holders will not be permitted to hold a place in line for other guests that will arrive later in the day.
* GA ticket holders will be admitted into the Arena in sequential order once the doors open (scheduled for 6:00 PM) with priority access given to U2 Fan Club members.
* U2 Fan Club members holding GA Tickets will have “Priority Access” into the Arena once the doors open. U2.com fan members will form a separate line along the inside of the arena perimeter fence directly outside the Arena Box Office entrance on Gate D side. Once in the Arena, they will be directed to the “ELLIPSE” redemption desk and given a special “ELLIPSE” wristband that allows them priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area.
* The remaining GA ticket holders will pass through an “ELLIPSE” gate system that will scan their tickets at random and select ticket holders for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. The selected ticket holders will be directed to the “ELLIPSE” redemption desk to collect their “ELLIPSE” wristband. Each selected ticket holder will be allowed to bring one GA ticket holder with them into the Inner Stage Viewing Area. GA ticket holders not selected for priority access into the Inner Stage Viewing Area will be directed to the general GA floor area.
* Ticket resale or scalping will not be permitted on Meadowlands Sports Complex property.
* Alcoholic beverages will not be permitted in line.
* Backpacks, large bags, blankets, lawn chairs, etc. are not permitted inside the Arena and there is no storage for these items inside the Arena. We ask guests in the GA line to return these items to their vehicles no later than 3:00 PM. If storage in the vehicle is not available, all items must be disposed of in the trash receptacles.
* GA Ticket holders must enter through Arena Box office. GA Ticket holders will not be permitted entry at Gates A, B or C. Gate D is closed.<<

No no... I don't care about fair or unfair right now.

I was posting this because this is a MAJOR change in policy. If it is true. Is this a mistake on the part of CAA or do they know what they are talking about?

i doubt its true and they are just confused about the whole process like everybody else

the whole damn system sucks

fuck it all i say

i wish that u2 had someone from their staff running this process at every show... it's too confusing and is easily subjected to the complex's own interpretation of the rules, which is probably what's happening here.

Whoever put this release out probably totally misinpreted the policy. I think if the policy was suddenly changed there would be a ton of u2.com members who attended the previous shows that would be really pissed off.

neutral said:
I hope they make the policy a little more confusing by 3rd leg. I enjoy having to do 2-3 horus of reading to find out how to get into a venue for a show. :hyper:

I've decided to take the class being offered at my local community college over the summer so that I'm prepared for the 3rd leg.

ramblin rose said:
I think if the policy was suddenly changed there would be a ton of u2.com members who attended the previous shows that would be really pissed off.

oh boo hoo

they weren't pissed off when they got a separate line

it's funny, people never seem to cry "unfair" when the policy benefits them.

bonosgirl84 said:

oh boo hoo

they weren't pissed off when they got a separate line

it's funny, people never seem to cry "unfair" when the policy benefits them.

You're right, the u2.com members who benefit to a change to the policy posted above won't complain, but those who attended the previous shows will. That's pretty obvious.

If it's true, then I think it's a pretty cool treat for fan club members (of which I am not one.) Too bad they didn't do it sooner.

Please disregard CAA's GA line up protocols. Each venue has U2 personnel that run the system the way it's supposed to run. U2 personnel do not show up until the day of show. As noted in a post above, the CAA personnel simply misunderstood U2's GA line-up protocols. As exhibited by the Chicago shows, similar screw-ups (and misstatements by arena personnel) have occurred on this tour.

Totally hypothetically speaking, even IF U2 has "changed" the GA line-up procedures, they should be changed to benefit ONLY those fans that have fan-club GA's (tix marked L-FAN, B-FAN, W-FAN, N-TYPE, etc.), and NOT everyone that is IN the fanclub that has GA's (tix marked ADULT). Such a system would be fair, and would ensure a diverse crowd for almost every single show.

With that said, such a change should NOT occur until the third leg so that everyone benefits (or gets screwed by) the current system.

Just my two pence... :wink:

This is how it should have gone in the first place!! $40.00 on top of ticket prices should gaurentee a spot in the Elipse!!

oh well, here's hoping! :wink:

I agree!

Lets hope this is true. Maybe the ellipse is still getting empty. Cause Ive been hearing at each venue that the ellipse isnt even close to capacity and they are giving out the wristbands anyway.
Anyway else see this?
No worries prop members the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

the fire marshall only allows a certain number of people inside the ellipse

that number is usually less than it takes to make it look full, thats why it looks somewhat empty

in chicago the general manager of the building told them not to worry about the fire marshall and they were able to fill it to full capacity for the dvd

Chizip said:
in chicago the general manager of the building told them not to worry about the fire marshall and they were able to fill it to full capacity for the dvd

wow, that's actually really reckless

stranger things have happened, what if there was a fire

*shudder*

Chizip said:

It was actually pretty empty in there for the 3rd show, even with a huge influx of VIP's and guests. I could have done some push ups in there, or jumping jacks.

ramblin rose said:

I've decided to take the class being offered at my local community college over the summer so that I'm prepared for the 3rd leg.

I'm going for my Master's Degree in "U2 Line-ology". Writing up my thesis now.

Personally, I never saw what was wrong with the Elevation format. First come, first served. On the Elevation tour, the first people in line either chose the tip outside the heart or went to the stage inside the heart. As a result, a person with #250 could easily get into the heart. It made waiting outside all day worth it!

In contrast, this silly random drawing guarantees nothing - including the fact that the biggest U2 fans aren't necessarily those with good spots inside or outside the ellipse. I was #170 in the Chicago May 10th show and still was second row outside the ellipse (pushed to third row because some super short girls begged to go in front of me - then they didn't even buy me a beer! :mad: ). I have to say, I really questioned whether waiting outside all day to be second/third row outside the ellipse was worth it.

If U2.com members really did get to go inside first, cool. But as that hasn't happened before, I'm sure this is just a mistake. Or, perhaps U2 are just trying something new here...

Back
Top Bottom