Nice to see U2.com members valuing those tix so much

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Erin go bragh

The Fly
A whole slew of tix on sale on ebay, none for less than $200.00 a pop.

I'd say they got their $40.00 worth from the annual membership fee, eh?

Nice. I'll see another U2 show when I win the lottery.

Both fax #s:

Principle Management NY: (212) 765-2372
Principle Management Dublin: +(353) 1 6777 276

Make sure you send your complaint there so they realize how they ruined the band's relationship with its fans.

Erin go bragh said:
A whole slew of tix on sale on ebay, none for less than $200.00 a pop.

I'd say they got their $40.00 worth from the annual membership fee, eh?

Nice. I'll see another U2 show when I win the lottery.

Most, if not all of those ebay tickets are not being sold by U2.com members.

Re: Re: Nice to see U2.com members valuing those tix so much

Johnovox said:

Most, if not all of those ebay tickets are not being sold by U2.com members.

Yeah, I'm finding that out as I read more.

This is crazy. I better put KROQ on speed dial. :eyebrow:

how else would they have tickets yet, they have to have got them on the fanclub presale, so they would have to be fanclub members. It is a known fact tho that they also get them from TM employees and arena employees, sometimes some arenas even have deals with brokers.

guys, have u seen EBAY?? Madison square tickets are going for $700, lower level. It is unreal, and for the 99% of us that were screwed over today, the reg. sale is our only hope. Unless any of your last names are Trump.

U2@NYC said:
And I bet that some scalpers joined U2.com to get tickets and then re sell them.

That's what I was thinking. I should have been that smart. Hell U2 would be one whale of a show, but 1000% mark up?? That'd be tough to turn down.

And yes, I know that sentiment will piss alot of people off. But let's be realistic...the days of $40.00 U2 shows are long gone. Maybe they need to put out a crap record, just to bring demand down to a reasonable level...HA!!

You all who got snooty and turned down upper deck seats will regret it... you will probably be aced out completely.

U2@NYC said:
And I bet that some scalpers joined U2.com to get tickets and then re sell them.

Some, yes. But most of them are getting tickets that were never put on sale.

U2atUSC said:
You all who got snooty and turned down upper deck seats will regret it... you will probably be aced out completely.

I turned down lower deck!!!

Fan club members ARE NOT the ones doing the scalping.........there's people on eBay who have 80-100 tix for the SAME show. There's no way they could've done that through the Fan Club.....in fact, they were selling the tickets BEFORE the presales began. These are people who either work for Ticketmaster or were cut a special deal.

It's going to be funny to see the GA floor seats half empty because I'm positive that the scalpers won't be able to sell tickets at some of those prices they're asking for.

These ticket agencies don't have to join the fanclub to get their GA tickets. Ticketbastard increases their profit on the GA's by preselling blocks of them to these agencies at higher prices, like $150 instead of the normal $50.

bonoed said:
how else would they have tickets yet, they have to have got them on the fanclub presale, so they would have to be fanclub members. It is a known fact tho that they also get them from TM employees and arena employees, sometimes some arenas even have deals with brokers.

Exactly U2atUSC,
Take what u can get. No one ever said you could get premier seating, I bought everything and anything I could find today. Some low, mostly high level seats...

Isn't it weird how $40 gets you 2 tix, but no $ gets you 8?

You pay $40 to subscribe to U2.com and you can buy 2 tickets.

You pay nothing and during the public onsale you can buy 8.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

U2atUSC said:

Stupid comment. When mommy and daddy stop paying for school, you might feel differently. If it was the general sale, people wouldn't be saying shit about that, but this is what the band put aside for fans.

2 upper deck way back for about $380 total (plus $40) isn't worth it to me. Especially when I can get GA on ebay for $500.

U2ITNOL said:
These ticket agencies don't have to join the fanclub to get their GA tickets. Ticketbastard increases their profit on the GA's by preselling blocks of them to these agencies at higher prices, like $150 instead of the normal $50.

U2ITNOL - not Ticketbastard directly, but you're warm. Lets just say you have the right idea without naming names.

Back
Top Bottom