Next tour prediction(s): WAR and POP songs.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is really hard because ATYCLB and HTDAAB were like part 1 and 2 and the tours had the same feel. You would think that they will mix it up/change it up a bit. Saying that...I have no idea but here is a guess...with some explanations at the end.

Numb (performed from back stage once the lights dim, dark stadium)
New Song
New Song
11 O’Clock Tick Tock
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
God Pt. 2
Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses/Angel of Harlem (alternate nights)
New Song
New Song
Staring at the Sun
The Unforgettable Fire
MLK
Where the Streets Have No Name

Encore 1

Vertigo
So Cruel
New Song/Bad or both

Encore 2

Discotheque/An Cat Dubh (alternate nights)
New Song
Walk On
Pride
40 (certain nights)

Couple things:

1. I think they are done with One for while
2. Edge is more and more becoming wildly popular and they will look to emphasize him more and more...my guess..he performs Numb back stage...maybe he's shown on the video screens but all the other lights are out until they actually take the stage for one of the new songs.
3. They clearly enjoyed playing some of the older stuff like An Cat Dubh, Out of Control, Electric Co, etc this time around...they should continue this but will mix it with something like 11 O'Clock, Maybe some Joshua Tree stuff that hasn't been played in a while like Angel of Harlem/Trip thru your wires, etc.
4. Full band Walk ON! This is a great encore song and I think it will become a staple.
5. Bono keeps talking about Original of the Species A LOT and clearly wants the public to embrace this song...in fact, the single wasn't realeased until recently so I suppose it could be considered for a grammy this time next year...but anyway..I think he wants to figure out the best way to play this song live and really get everyone to appreciate what a great song it is.
6. I think MLK into Streets is a great way to close the set.
7. I think they find a way to get Bad back into the set every night but not do the same for Sunday Blooday Sunday. They play that on special nights like I think they will do with other songs like The Fly or Out of Control or All Because of You.

I don't think we'll be seeing like a song anytime soon, but if they brought back please-->streets, or closed with bad consistently, that would be amaing

bullet needs to finally go, as does sunday bloody sunday, especially if they decide to keep LAPOE and new year's day. all of those songs are kind of in the same vein, and two in one show is enough.

ideally i'd like to see LAPOE as a regular, with NYD, bullet, and SBS rotating.

yahweh, miracle drug and ABOY will hopefully be absent.

City of Blinding Lights should stay and open an encore or close the main set

Streets should close the show or main set and have a great song segue into it, no question

Why is nobody considering Zooropa songs? I know it wasn't the most popular, but do you think they'll ignore it for two straight tours? And Edge mentioned how it's tough to top this tour...I think they'll try, and come up with something completely new with an elaborate stage design for the next one.

LemonMacPhisto said:
City of Blinding Lights should stay and open an encore or close the main set

Streets should close the show or main set and have a great song segue into it, no question

I like these ideas! :up:

Streets closing a show would be very different and kind of cool. It would definately be ending the show on a high note.

I agree with those that say Bullet and SBS could sit out a tour. I think Please and LAPOE could replace them as they are similiar themes.

I would actually like to see them break out some Rattle And Hum stuff. God Part II, Hawkmoon 269 and a full guitar/band Desire or All Along The Watchtower. Since they did Electric Co this tour, I only have two other songs on my wish list that I didnt think would be done again. GPII and Hawkmoon, not holding my breath though! :laugh: :wink: But you never know.

Back
Top Bottom