New Zealand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lila64

Blue Crack Distributor
There's a video clip here - like what Mr. McGuiness has to say :hyper:

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/425824/899962

and by the way, will there be any audio streaming/sources for the show :shifty: Showtime here will be about midnight in S.Calif.

also, according to the New Zealand Herald...

National News
Manager denies U2 set to play secret gig

5.25pm Thursday November 23, 2006
By Joanna Hunkin

The biggest rock band in the world are in town but they won't be playing any secret gigs and no, they're not off to meet the Prime Minister either.

U2 band manager and long-time friend Paul McGuinness met with local media today to set the record straight about the group's visit - and even weighed in on the stadium debate.

Mr McGuinness said he liked the look of Mt Smart Stadium, compared to Sydney's Olympic Park where the band last played.

"I really like the look of this stadium. It's particularly good because there's no running track. This is just about perfect in size."

He said he had been reading the papers and thought an inner-city stadium was the best option for Auckland.

"I think it's great to have stadiums in cities. If you can walk from the centre of the city to a stadium that makes it part of the life of the city."

However, he could not promise the band would return to play in the waterfront stadium, should it be built.

Last edited:
That just about confirms it and I do hope it will be full band.
With a kickass Edge solo, nonetheless.

Notice how they talk about the show and put ZooTV clips in (???).

Mirrorballman83 said:

in Melbourne they've tryed OTH full band
I know.

They tried full band Mothers of the Disappeared this tour as well and look how that turned out.

Back
Top Bottom