New Yorkers - can ya just feel it coming???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ouizy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
5 nights baby.

The boys are on their way!!!

Whether you go to one, or five shows - they are sure to be outstanding.

The marqee all lit up "Tonight - U2"

The scalpers outside (yeah I hate em also, but it gives me goosebumps everytime I hear one offer to buy or sell me a ticket.)

The smell of hot dogs, garbage, and homeless dudes drinking stale beer.

The red Upstaging trucks parked outside.

The cops on horses, who really could give a shit less what you do as about 85% of the NYPD are Irish.

The radio stations playing blocks of U2.

The drunk fans with Irish flags around their shoulders.

The limos dropping off the VIPs.

The VIPs who don't take limos who simply walk into and out of the Garden - (like Ed Norton who my wife bumped into last time in May on the sidewalk.)

Then there is the walk in.

The excitement of the security, metal detectors, and the tunnel that leads into the Garden.

I think there is nothing like the experience of finally getting to your level and actually walking through the gate to be inside the arena. You see the stage, you see the smoke, you see the thousands of other peopl who are there for the same exact reason you are. There is just something in the air.

Then the lights go down.

Can you just friggin wait?

I know I cannot.

82 hours baby and we are back home.

ouizy said:
5 nights baby.

The boys are on their way!!!

Whether you go to one, or five shows - they are sure to be outstanding.

The marqee all lit up "Tonight - U2"

The scalpers outside (yeah I hate em also, but it gives me goosebumps everytime I hear one offer to buy or sell me a ticket.)

The smell of hot dogs, garbage, and homeless dudes drinking stale beer.

The red Upstaging trucks parked outside.

The cops on horses, who really could give a shit less what you do as about 85% of the NYPD are Irish.

The radio stations playing blocks of U2.

The drunk fans with Irish flags around their shoulders.

The limos dropping off the VIPs.

The VIPs who don't take limos who simply walk into and out of the Garden - (like Ed Norton who my wife bumped into last time in May on the sidewalk.)

Then there is the walk in.

The excitement of the security, metal detectors, and the tunnel that leads into the Garden.

I think there is nothing like the experience of finally getting to your level and actually walking through the gate to be inside the arena. You see the stage, you see the smoke, you see the thousands of other peopl who are there for the same exact reason you are. There is just something in the air.

Then the lights go down.

Can you just friggin wait?

I know I cannot.

82 hours baby and we are back home.

you just gave me a boner

Great, GREAT post, Ouizy!!!

It's really starting to hit me now. I'm going to the Bono/Jeffrey Sachs talk tomorrow, and I'm starting to get this feeling of anticipation and excitement. I'm going to two shows (10/8 & 10/14) and would love to go to one more if I can get a ticket somehow. If not, two shows in a week is still wonderful!

We are in for a very, VERY wonderful time!!! Enjoy this, NYC fans!!! OUR band is back!!!

i cannot wait. I am not looking forward to the 5 hour flight, but I cannot wait for the shows.

!!!!!!!!!

Friday: nosebleeds behind the stage
Saturday: GA!!!

Saturday & Monday will be my 15th and 16th U2 show's - stretching back to 1983 - and my first U2 concert's outside of the UK.

Did I make the right choice going to MSG ??:drool:

njelevation06 said:

what time do you think you'll get in line?

Probably not TOO early -- I'm guessing around 6-7. As this is my first trip to NYC, I want to take in some of the city's sights. I'm only there for the weekend -- leaving on Monday.

:angel: I'm a NY/MSG virgin... gonna' bust that all up 11/21, though!! :macdevil: :rockon: The tension is already killing me!!! :hyper: :drool: :heart:

My wife and I are heading up Friday morning from sunny Fla. Currently have GAs for Saturday and am still looking for Friday night tickets. This will be our first show(s) of the tour. I have given up looking at set lists this leg so I am excited to see what the show brings.

Since we haven't been up to NYC for a number of years, I have decided we will play tourist most of the day rather then sitting in the GA line. I will take my chances with the lottery system and get there around 3 or 4 in the afternoon.

u2gator

Hell, ouizy, I'm not even going and your post made me excited! I wish I could be there. :( Only a five hour plane trip away...

U2 at MSG=:up: :dance: :rockon:

traffic driving in from jersey on a friday night=:down: :help: :grumpy:

beers after the concert= :drool: :cute:

I can't wait for the next few wekends of my life here, all with the boys in mind. So unfortunately I was unable to get tickets, but had plans to go down to the city on saturday in hopes of tix on sale at the box office. Does anyone have any advice? I really didn't want to pay ebay prices, and was out of the country when they first went on sale. So my plans have been just to go to NYC, Philadelphia & Pittsburgh in hopes of box office tix. I'm travleing alone, anyone have some words of advice for me?

I ve been saying since the beginning of the tour that NY 5 will open with the ZOO TV part, just know it will.. You lucky bastards!

Since you are traveling alone I would get there early and hit the GA line first thing. Let everyone know that you only need one ticket (there is a good chance someone's friend/date will cancel on them and will have 1 ticket to sell). As a single you should have no problem getting a ticket.

u2gator

U2IrishOne said:
I can't wait for the next few wekends of my life here, all with the boys in mind. So unfortunately I was unable to get tickets, but had plans to go down to the city on saturday in hopes of tix on sale at the box office. Does anyone have any advice? I really didn't want to pay ebay prices, and was out of the country when they first went on sale. So my plans have been just to go to NYC, Philadelphia & Pittsburgh in hopes of box office tix. I'm travleing alone, anyone have some words of advice for me?

Back
Top Bottom