New York VII Setlist Watch, Party, and Stream, Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It sounded like someone next to the phone source said the band needed to get out of the country.. dont they zip right through customs? :der:

ouizy said:
you have to be kidding me - on the most hyped up show in the New York Leg of the tour, THIS is how it ends (memories of Toronto)...

Why was this one so hyped? WAS it really hyped?

NYC 8 got fucked.

Proper fucked.

I am so glad I did not wait in the cold and rain for that shite...

Niceman said:
But he was singing after Instant karma, right????
Maybe he was trying to hurry up and end the show?

"YEAH, WE ALL SHINE ON...ON AND ON AND ON AND OOOOONNNN...I WILL SING, SING A NEW SONG, OKAY, BYE, GUYS."

alison0313 said:
It sounded like someone next to the phone source said the band needed to get out of the country.. dont they zip right through customs? :der:

they wouldn't need to get to canada tonight...i doubt they are leaving.

they finished Instant Karma, and then they came back and played a little more. Then done. At some point, Patti Smith was coming out and walking over towards drumkit and almost fell, again... Something to that affect :shrug:

ramblin rose said:
I had that bad feeling. They obviously wanted to get out of there before 11:30.

NY 8 got fucked.

seriously:|

The six shows in Chicago had more variation than the eight shows in NYC

:huh: I guess I'm glad U2 don't have to get out of the country after any of my (potential) December shows. I'm sure they couldn't spare the extra money in taxes... :|

They got a ZooTV Encore and The Electric Co. :shrug:

if they were expecting anything that out there, they obviously haven't been following the band this tour.

I would be quietly happy if they played a setlist similar to this over here. :)

All right, weird end, but i listened for free so i cant complain...
Thanks to all of you that makes possible that i can hear the shows from Santiago!!
Good bye!

corianderstem said:

Why was this one so hyped? WAS it really hyped?

Because up until now this would be the last NY show of the tour.

I hope they take their balls out of their asses when they come to Giants Stadium this summer and put on a scorcher...

So this is the eighth NYC show? How come U2VT says last night was New York #6 and the thread title says New York VII?

typhoon said:

Maybe he was trying to hurry up and end the show?

"YEAH, WE ALL SHINE ON...ON AND ON AND ON AND OOOOONNNN...I WILL SING, SING A NEW SONG, OKAY, BYE, GUYS."

:lol:

Wow, that really was a shitty way to end a show. At least Electric Co. is back...but that really doesn't make up for it at all.

Just guessing from my days in theatre production/tech, but MSG probably pressured them to end by a certain time so the crew could start the set strike earlier and save a little OT money after midnight when the union rates are sky-high. :shrug:

Thanks everyone who made the streaming possible. :bow:

EDIT: OH MY GOD. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom